Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old July 21st, 2015, 11:54 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Diesel Fuel stickers

While procrastinating from other work I really ought to be doing I recently designed a Diesel Fuel decal that will be available to purchase later in the week. It says Diesel Fuel in the 7 of the most common languages around the world. It's UV laminated with a minimum life expectancy of 5 years. I designed it so you can stick it next to (or inside of) the fuel filler of your Defender but you can also stick it on your hard-to-identify Scepter diesel cans.

My inspiration came from this fantastic Overland family (The Bells) that I met at the NW Overland Rally. They are from South Africa, currently in Seattle waiting for their Canadian visas so that they can go to to Alaska in their 130. If you're on the best coast (NA) I highly recommend inviting them in. Here is a link to their site. You can also support their adventure by buying their book here. Support them if you can because they are more bad ass than all of us AND they deserve it. The last photo shows the decal on their truck that inspired the one I'm making. I'll post up once its available to order.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2918.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	125594   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3222.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	125595  

Name:	IMG_2844.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	125596  
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:16 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

I'll go in for a few stickers...

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old July 22nd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Talleyrand
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi

Registry
Looks great except for what I am guessing is meant to be Arabic on the second line. That doesn't look like correct Arabic script to me. The script on the original white sticker is right though. Similar stickers to these were being sold here in the US northeast by drivetheglobe.com but their website says they are sold out. See pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-231655983.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	459.6 KB
ID:	125610  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2015, 11:35 AM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Or you can buy the ones we had made a couple months ago…

Old July 22nd, 2015, 11:49 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

It's correct, just a more modern Arabic font. 'Diesel' is the word on the right (read right to left).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talleyrand View Post
Looks great except for what I am guessing is meant to be Arabic on the second line. That doesn't look like correct Arabic script to me. The script on the original white sticker is right though. Similar stickers to these were being sold here in the US northeast by drivetheglobe.com but their website says they are sold out. See pic.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 11:37 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I take that back. The Arabic is incorrect. There is a known issue with Adobe Illustrator where it changes the word order when you paste it into Adobe illustrator. I have found a work-around and am going to print a new batch.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:11 PM
jjstahl3
Jay S
96 D1 TReK

Registry
i had made a few of these simple plotted vinyl ones also single color white vinyl will mail them to anywhere for $2.50
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 10.10.51 AM.png
Views:	201
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	125657  

BUY SOME HATS --->

Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:23 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjstahl3 View Post
i had made a few of these simple plotted vinyl ones also single color white vinyl will mail them to anywhere for $2.50
In proper Spanish

NAFTA = Gasoline / Petro

GASOIL = Diesel

Might want to revise 😀
Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:24 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Defendoor :: Fuel Filler Recess Cover. This cover works well, too.

You little rebel, I like you.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:35 PM
jjstahl3
Jay S
96 D1 TReK

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
In proper Spanish

NAFTA = Gasoline / Petro

GASOIL = Diesel

Might want to revise 😀
What should the nafta line say then?

BUY SOME HATS --->

Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:46 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
What should the nafta line say then?
Nothing, just 86 it

Gasoil and diesel are pretty much in every langiage

I would live the Arabic
Diesel

Gasoil
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:31 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Nothing, just 86 it

Gasoil and diesel are pretty much in every langiage

I would live the Arabic
Diesel

Gasoil
Gasoil = Diesel - FR, ESP, IT

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:43 PM
Talleyrand
John

Registry
Quote:
Well, in case you are going to ditch the NAFTA line perhaps (he said putting his Arabic hat on again) I could suggest ever so gently that the Arabic line is missing the "alif" letter at the start of the word, reading right to left. It looks like a vertical line. See the earlier pics of the white ones. They have "al-diesel" written, which is OK I guess but the "al" or alif lam at the start is kinda optional in this case. But what you can't do is have the lam character without the alif, which is what you have right now. :-)

Nothing worse than trying to fuel up in an Arab country and getting a grammar lecture from a Arab pump jockey LOL ....
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:47 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talleyrand View Post
Well, in case you are going to ditch the NAFTA line perhaps (he said putting his Arabic hat on again) I could suggest ever so gently that the Arabic line is missing the "alif" letter at the start of the word, reading right to left. It looks like a vertical line. See the earlier pics of the white ones. They have "al-diesel" written, which is OK I guess but the "al" or alif lam at the start is kinda optional in this case. But what you can't do is have the lam character without the alif, which is what you have right now. :-) Nothing worse than trying to fuel up in an Arab country and getting a grammar lecture from a Arab pump jockey LOL ....
Or from a forum member LMAO

SORRY MAN, you left that door WIDE OPEN
Old July 23rd, 2015, 03:14 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
I am rolling reading the comments on this. You go Carl!
I still want one of the original 50!
Old July 23rd, 2015, 04:45 PM
jjstahl3
Jay S
96 D1 TReK

Registry
10-4 maybe the second line can be the language of the country you plan to travel to

how about japan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 1.44.15 PM.png
Views:	90
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	125673  

BUY SOME HATS --->

Old July 23rd, 2015, 04:54 PM
Talleyrand
John

Registry
Looking good! Gustavo, you'd be right if we were in an Arab country. But here in the good ol' US of A I can only hope that there is nothing BETTER than an oh so gentle and respectful word or two of ahem D90 guidance on the intricacies of Arabic. Hell, I am a total ignoramus about Defender technical stuff, gotta nerd out somehow on here ... :-)
Old July 23rd, 2015, 06:43 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Thanks for helping to sort it out, Ray! Much appreciated. You stickers are free. Just PM me the shipping address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
I am rolling reading the comments on this. You go Carl! I still want one of the original 50!
-
-
Old July 23rd, 2015, 06:56 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

For my sticker design I chose to use the 7 languages that have the largest user base in order to get the largest amount of coverage in one sticker. In this case it's: English, Arabic, Spanish, Russian, Portugese, Chinese and French. I'm mostly just doing this for fun and to give Graeme Bell a more proper (and durable) decal to put on their 130.
-
-
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:04 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiktaalik View Post
For my sticker design I chose to use the 7 languages that have the largest user base in order to get the largest amount of coverage in one sticker. In this case it's: English, Arabic, Spanish, Russian, Portugese, Chinese and French. I'm mostly just doing this for fun and to give Graeme Bell a more proper (and durable) decal to put on their 130.
What's the difference between Spanish and French?
I know what some of you knuckleheads are thinking...
Isn't diesel = gasoil in both Spanish and French.
What was extra funny, but I corrected it. the first line of this post originally read: "What's the difference between Spinach and French?" I know some damn salad verses dressing type would have been forthcoming.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
diesel, fuel