Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old April 29th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Defenders Northwest

We are happy to be official Defender Source vendors at long last!

For those that don't know us, or me (I do my best to get out and meet as many D-90 members and owners as I possibly can) we started in 2012 and have been adding parts to the warehouse methodically over the last year and a half. Our primary focus is supporting owner managed restorations for ROW and 300tdi powered vehicles. Our proximity to the RORO port of Tacoma and Seattle Washington also means that we get to visit with and support overland travelers on their way to or from Canada and Alaska. 2014 has seen us expand into more restoration and installation work in addition to supporting a handful of specialty offerings from our wide array of suppliers.

We added 100 in-stock items to the web store yesterday, 100 more today, and another 100 tomorrow… And we are right sizing the pricing and shipping information to improve the ability to order from us through the website no matter what your timezone.

The used parts list will go live shortly as we are getting ready for some changes in the warehouse and workshop.

Our current container is inbound for delivery after we return to the shop following Overland Expo in May - this one has a good amount of NTO items, a long overdue resupply of LaSalle trim and YRM products, and a selection of new items from some newly sourced suppliers! Not a lot of cheap stuff in the box, but then again we wouldn't send out anything that wasn't accurately described and of a quality I would use on my own trucks.

And the next container opens in May to close for shipping after the first week of June - and as always we have space in the box available for sale.

When I started the company I built our principals around some simple ideas - if owners have the knowledge to use, maintain, and restore their own vehicle; they will get these fantastically fun tools out into the world and keep the Defender alive in North America.

My objective is to enhance the camaraderie of the Defender community in the Northwest - and to encourage owners to get out and use their vehicles. Personally I am thrilled that I get to play with a variety of great vehicles and even more special owners on a daily basis. The people who have let us help them in the last two years are the reason we are growing, and I hope we can continue to help in the future.

Thanks again,

Brian

Defenders Northwest

A few photos from our last year -

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Good news! Congrats

Solid goals and principals.

World needs more of your type and less of West Coast Defender types.
Old April 29th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I will not be visiting your set up at the Expo unless Briggs is standing next to me...He's my "do you really need that" guy! lol!! or in D90S lingo...my parts "Wing Man"...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Congratulations Brian!

Thanks for all the help with my Ninety. Much appreciated!
Old April 29th, 2014, 08:20 PM
tpond
Toby Pond

Absolutely spectacular!
Old April 29th, 2014, 08:33 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Congrats! Can't wait to scope out the goods on your site when I get on a computer later.
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
I'm really envious of your business hours, are you hiring?
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Does that mean I get to hold your wallet?

-Jeff
Don't want the wallet...you want the Well Fargo treasury management key fob...
Old April 29th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
I'm really envious of your business hours, are you hiring?
Business hours - 5am (gotta catch the UK from the West Coast) until I pass out sometime around now… Or office hours? IE the time that we have somebody by the phone and/or answering emails…

Seriously though, thanks all for the kind words and support.
Old April 30th, 2014, 12:20 AM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Congrats Brian!
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:01 AM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
I hope this is the beginning of a whole new world for all of us! More vendors! Easier access to parts! Awesome!
Old April 30th, 2014, 03:29 AM
ranewman
Rick Newman
85 Defender 110

Congrats Brian. Keep up the great customer service. Thanks for the help on my 110.
97 Disco SD "Emma" (250k and going strong)
95 P38 "Gus" RIP
99 P38 Callaway Edition #106 RIP
85 Defender 110 2.5NA "Margret"
01 D2 SE7 "Cuzn It" (blown up POS)
03 D2 SE "Fred"
Hoarder of 2.5 NAD parts
"In God we trust. Everyone else keep their fucking hands where they can be seen."
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I can't say enough good things about Brian and his operation. Brian is a true enthusiast and he will go out of his way to support and encourage the enthusiast community. Brian generously took all of last Sunday off to help me rebuild my Swivel Pin Housing Seals and Bearings for the first time. Thanks Brian!

I encourage everyone to support his business by ordering products and using his unique services. I feel very fortunate to have such a great business and fellow enthusiast located close by and I hope I get my act together so I can do my frame swap at his facility this fall!
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:06 AM
boswalt
Brian Oswalt
1988 exmod 110

Registry
There are a lot of great rover oriented businesses out there, it's an awesome community by Defenders Northwest stands out. Brian is all over the place helping with projects and delivering parts personally. Outstanding service!
Old March 5th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Seeing as how we have been busy with projects I thought it might be a good idea to update this post with some photos from the 12 months since we started this thread.

Thank you once again to all the customers who have kept us busy solving problems and making memories!
Old March 5th, 2015, 07:13 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

12 months since my rebuild and I couldn't be happier. Brian runs a great shop. Highly recommend DNW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old March 5th, 2015, 09:21 PM
J. Pound
Jeremy Pound
1960 Series 2a

X 1,000 on Brian! Been a great help and even though he runs a business, he runs it like two old friends trying to do each other a solid. Always goes above and beyond and tries his best to get you the parts you need. Rock'n dude!
Old March 6th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks!

Thanks guys - shaping up to be even better this year with more events in the works and more builds on the calendar.
Old March 6th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Christocat
Chris & Rachael
1997 Land Rover Defender LE 116

Registry
Congrats, Looking forward to meeting you/ seeing the shop. The wife and I are on our way to moving to Silverdale, WA as I write this.
Old March 6th, 2015, 02:05 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christocat View Post
Congrats, Looking forward to meeting you/ seeing the shop. The wife and I are on our way to moving to Silverdale, WA as I write this.
Congratulations to you and Rachael on the move. You guys are going to like Brian, he's pretty great.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
defender