D-90 Source/WhiteDog Comics Inc Limited Edition Gear - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

View Poll Results: Looking to see if there is enough interest in the White Dog/D-90 Source product run.
Yes, if enough people come on to make this happen, I would definatly pre-pay for one. 24 82.76%
No, I would prefer to wait and just buy it from the store myself if it comes out. 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 3rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

D-90 Source/WhiteDog Comics Inc Limited Edition Gear

As some of you may have caught on to from hints in other threads, Michele Dallorso of WhiteDog Comics and I, for a while, have been working on the idea of offering exclusive D-90 Source/WhiteDog Comics gear, in special limited runs through the D-90 Source CafePress Store. If this works out, more limited runs on new works could be offered at differant times of the year.

As this is the first step of new ground for both Michele and myself, to see how this might work out, I am making this thread to see how many would be interested in this first run when it happens. Right now, this is only to see if there is enough serious interest from members to go forward with this, but if there is enough people speaking up, then I can set up a advance order/prepay system and the final artwork can be sent for pressing. The rough idea at the moment is that items will be priced about $3.00 - $5.00 higher than the normal D-90 Source items currently found in the CafePress store. As long as it looks good on the item, the limited edition artworks will be available on most of the wide range of products available from the store.

"Why a prepay setup at first?" or "Why so much higher priced?" you might be asking..
Two reasons, the first being that Michele is a very talented artist but like the the rest of us, does need to pay bills and eat. A considerable amount of time goes into making each cartoon and there is a cost assosiated with that understandibly. This leads to the second reason of, as this site is funded out of my own pocket, I cant afford to put the money out for additional product artwork that may take me a year to recoup. I would love to offer the limited run products at the same prices the other items are, but even if there is a good run on these, at the normal prices, still would take me a long time to recoup the expenceses not to mention cut into the already small proceeds I get, to go back towards the costs of mataining the site.

Below you will find a pre-production, work in progress of the first idea Michele and I have been working on. Like I said, if there is enough people expressing interest, the project can move forward so post up and let hear what you have to say.
Attached Images

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2004, 12:56 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

i like it and i would be in-but what about us hardtop guys?
Old August 3rd, 2004, 01:04 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm in, but I'm not interested in the girly shirt, however cute it may be. I like the yellow ST D90, but I'd rather just have some d90.com text.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2004, 01:29 PM
Krna
Andy Krna
1997 D-90 ST AA Yellow

i like it
Old August 3rd, 2004, 02:11 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Remember, this is just a look at a pre-production version. The text in that one is just something I had added to play around with and The D-90 Source/WhiteDog Comics branding/logos were not added in yet. For past things I have had Michele do for me, those usally would be last as the primary effort it to finalize the main art piece which you can tell from this write up of last years Xmas cartoon:
http://www.defendersource.com/pic/xmascard03/index.html

This latest work actually started planning early in the spring when the nicer weather was starting to move in but then I put a hold on it. Earlier ideas thrown around were something new for each change of the season so if this takes off, I am sure we could give the SW owners their fair shake. Plus it could make a good idea for this years Xmas cartoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old August 3rd, 2004, 03:52 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Smile

I'd like to point out that I own a SW (same as HT),so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdh
i like it and i would be in-but what about us hardtop guys?
Chris said all,me...what can I say...being not a definitive version means some minor details I can adjust if/when the project starts,what we can't do is a different T-shirt to all tastes!
(hey,put 3 lights on!No,a roofrack!Man,I like it but I want to see it on 37"!You get the vision...)

Oh,and a BIG thank you to the fearless webmaster for all of above.
+109" IIA ex-military

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sketches and doodles:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[O]===[O]
Old August 3rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

I would buy that as a sticker just to irk my wife everytime she got in the truck . She already didn't like my "Unless you are nude, do not touch this truck" sticker. Guess she got tired of girls writing on my truck "I am nude". Atleast I hope they were girls anyway. .

I see nothing wrong with the artwork, unless you are p-whipped and scared of your wife/girlfriend

Chris
Old August 3rd, 2004, 04:56 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cox
I would buy that as a (...)Guess she got tired of girls writing on my truck "I am nude".
Chris
Just send a couple of those girls here and I'll be glad to design all the stickers you may need for free...
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old August 3rd, 2004, 07:32 PM
roverx
Scott Preston
1969 Ser IIA Tdi Hybrid

T-shirt

Chris,

I'm in for a shirt. I know Michele and his work is top notch. He always has very stuff .
2003 VW Jetta wagon 1.9 Tdi 5 speed
1995 Range Rover Classic 300 Tdi SoftDash (My Son's)

"Be the person your dog thinks you are"
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cox
I see nothing wrong with the artwork, unless you are p-whipped and scared of your wife/girlfriend
I was wondering whose truck I wrote "I am nude" on...

And just because my wife kicks my ass doesnt mean I'm afraid of her. Jerk.

Old August 4th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Dang, I was hoping some hot chick had written that. By the way, what were you doing walking around in NC nude? Dude, I don't know if you were offended by what I wrote, but it was just a joke.
Old August 4th, 2004, 05:21 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm from WA state, so the weather in the Carolinas has been a bit more than I can adjust to, I've been forced to go sans clothes. So though I'm hot, I'm not a chick.

I thought that the use of the "" emoticon was pretty much accepted to mean "no offense taken."
Old August 5th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Alternatively we could do another T-shirt with a huge oiled bodybuilder,just for the girls...
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old August 5th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Alternatively we could do another T-shirt with a huge oiled bodybuilder,just for the girls...

Are there any women actively posting?

EwS
Old August 5th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I think there are less then 5 female members, and i don't think any are all that active.
Old August 5th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
I think I was joking...
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:11 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

i'll take one. That is the shirt chris posted not the one michele suggested.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old August 6th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedrover
not the one michele suggested.

Er,which one,the oiled bodybuilder type?
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:06 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Yes, I think it would be safe to say that short of a stampede of girls from the Rovergirls site, the oiled body builder idea can be put to bed.

Quote:
[/size]
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Talking

I think (me) that the rough sketch is more or less fine.
Jokes apart my original idea was to put a pinup in.
Some may want her,some not,but the main point is they should like
the D90 at least.

Also,I'd like to say "don't worry" about HT/ST,90/110,
as I hope to have the chance to do them all sooner or later.

Anyway,me I just did the 'toon,and my lips should stay closed.

Chris kindly made a thread of it.

Choice is yours,just let's see what happens.

P.S.
I'd really like to work on some new cool stickers...
Just an idea,maybe some inputs from Chris,
in spare time,stickers are a matter of 10 minutes.
I really love your (U.S.) bumper stickers I started
making some for myself...
OK,I quit!
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
90, d-90, dog, limited edition