Canvas Seat Covers - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old April 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Looking good on the RRC stuff! Will certainly be looking for a rear seat setup to cover up Izzy's disaster area in Coyote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2013, 03:42 PM
ntan
N
Range Rover

Liking the RRC covers. What colors are you planning on?
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:20 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

I have 3 sets in production now in light khaki with black piping. Can do black, green, dark khaki, etc. with approx. 2 week turnaround.

Just back from shooting better pictures of them installed in a truck and should have them up later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2013, 04:33 PM
ntan
N
Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kexby View Post
I have 3 sets in production now in light khaki with black piping. Can do black, green, dark khaki, etc. with approx. 2 week turnaround.

Just back from shooting better pictures of them installed in a truck and should have them up later.
Sounds good. I'd be interested in a set of the light khaki and black piping. Can't wait.
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:45 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

110 60/40 rear seat covers are in production now, should have the first sets ready to go next week.

Old April 21st, 2013, 05:24 PM
Explorer0863
Tony Q
1957 Series I V8

Registry
What's going to be the price for the RRC, front only? Same as Defender? GREAT looking seat covers!

Current:
1957 SI 88" 3.9L V8
1999 Disco 2 White Gold

Previous:
1999 Disco 2 Rioja Red
1994 RRC LWB
1991 RRC SWB
1995 RRC SWB
1969 IIA Sta Wgn 109" NADA #798/811
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
110 60/40 rear seat covers are in production now, should have the first sets ready to go next week.
How are you accommodating the locking latches for the 60/40's?

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:15 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

Tony: I would think so, yes. I'd likely want to make just a front set to order so that I don't wind up with a redundant rear set. The good news is that you can specify color and a contrasting cording color. Let me know via PM if you want me to get that going for you.

Mark: we will essentially wrap the canvas around the latch and secure it with a Velcro flap. We use wide upholstery-grade Velcro and it works well for this sort of installation. They will be made in 4 pieces so that the fold down easily.
Thanks,
Tony

Old April 21st, 2013, 07:47 PM
ruggedalaskaman
Frank
1995 NAS D-90 #375

Registry
On posting #69 the back of the front covers look really baggy. Is that how they are suppose to fit or can they be tightened? Thanks
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:04 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

Frank, they do look a little baggy in that picture on that truck. What we think is going on is that the foam side bolsters in that seat may be a little old and the bungee that we use in the top seam of the rear map pocket may be essentially overpowering the foam and drawing the sides of the cover backwards, creating that bagginess. They are tight fitting by design, though we have to strike the balance between them being very tight and still being relatively easy to install and remove. I think you'll be happy with them, and if you're not once you install them, send them back and we'll refund you!

Old April 21st, 2013, 08:07 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Tony: I would think so, yes. I'd likely want to make just a front set to order so that I don't wind up with a redundant rear set. The good news is that you can specify color and a contrasting cording color. Let me know via PM if you want me to get that going for you.

Mark: we will essentially wrap the canvas around the latch and secure it with a Velcro flap. We use wide upholstery-grade Velcro and it works well for this sort of installation. They will be made in 4 pieces so that the fold down easily.
Thanks,
Tony
When I end up ordering mine, I'm going to need an extra 40, as my middle row is 2x 40's and a fridge, with the 60 as a third row. One mod I did in my middle row is to the non-standard 40 on the right side. It now has the locking latch from the 60 mounted with riv nuts to the right side of the seat back, so it latches where the 60 latched. so is there an easy way to accommodate that on one of my 40 seat backs if I give you a template? perhaps a hemmed cutout on the seat back cover?

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old April 21st, 2013, 08:22 PM
Kexby
Tony
L322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
When I end up ordering mine, I'm going to need an extra 40, as my middle row is 2x 40's and a fridge, with the 60 as a third row. One mod I did in my middle row is to the non-standard 40 on the right side. It now has the locking latch from the 60 mounted with riv nuts to the right side of the seat back, so it latches where the 60 latched. so is there an easy way to accommodate that on one of my 40 seat backs if I give you a template? perhaps a hemmed cutout on the seat back cover?
Absolutely. If you can send a template and a picture or two it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:11 PM
Explorer0863
Tony Q
1957 Series I V8

Registry
PM sent. I thought that I have a pic of the interior, but I can't find it. Weather permitting, I will take a couple of pics tomorrow and post them. It's been raining here for the last 48 hrs.

Thanks!

Current:
1957 SI 88" 3.9L V8
1999 Disco 2 White Gold

Previous:
1999 Disco 2 Rioja Red
1994 RRC LWB
1991 RRC SWB
1995 RRC SWB
1969 IIA Sta Wgn 109" NADA #798/811
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

I have 2 sets in stock in dark green and 2 in black.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:50 PM
ntan
N
Range Rover

Do you have any updated pictures of the khaki, and also the dark green?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

The khaki are pictured on the web site (www.kexbylimited.com), I can post a picture of the green for you (they look really sharp).

Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
craig
Craig
1989 Range Rover Classic TDI

These look fantastic! Very interested in a full set of front/rears for my RRC (manual fronts).
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Thanks, Craig! They should be up on the site and ready to order in the next few days!

Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
ntan
N
Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
The khaki are pictured on the web site (www.kexbylimited.com), I can post a picture of the green for you (they look really sharp).
I'd like to see a picture of the green ones. The khaki ones look great though!
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

I'll get a picture up here shortly for you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
canvas, cover