Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old December 15th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

Baja Designs LED Lighting

Hey guys,

We've been a BD dealer for over a year now and after pretty extensive testing of their products I'm happy to offer them to the Defender Source. These are without a doubt the highest quality LED lights I have come across, made right here in the USA. These aren't the China LED's you'll find everywhere else.

IP69K and MIL-STD-810G certified, these use some of the highest quality components including Cree XM-LD LED's driven at 100% by efficient circuitry, hard-anodized housings, high-quality reflectors and removable/interchangeable polycarbonate lenses. High performance paired with a lifetime warranty against failure and defect make these an awesome option.

BD has a rather extensive product line, but below I'll list a few of the lights I have personally run on various Rovers with very positive results. If you have a question about any other product offered by BD that you don't see here, please PM me and I'll happily assist.

S2 Pro- $155 each; $280/pair
Available in Flood/Work, Cornering and Spot beams, these make for a killer reverse, work, or alley light off the side or rear of your truck. At just 1.5x3" and delivering a whopping 2150 lumens a piece they'll offer more than enough lighting for camp setup, night recoveries and increased visibility around your truck.

Squadron Sport - $109 each; $210/pair
3x3" and throwing 1,800 lumens a piece, these are an awesome option for those looking for a high quality light with very respectable performance while staying within a comfortable budget. Available in Spot, Wide/Cornering, Driving and Flood patterns, however I'm fond of the Cornering pattern which give tons of wide visibility for low-speed work through the woods.

Squadron Pro - $200 each; $360/pair
A step above the Squadron Sport, these are the same housing but deliver 4,300 lumens a piece. They're bright.

OnX6 LED Bars - $360-$1,490
These bars are just ridiculous. That's the only way I can describe them. Available in 10" increments up to 50" wide. Each 'cell' throws 6,450 lumens, so at 50" you have 32,250 lumens on tap. If you're looking for the best performing light bar out, this is the one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

352-572-3236

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 15th, 2014, 02:22 PM
etl330
Everett
95 LWB

Would love some BD lights at some point. They're the only company I've seen actually willing to put out comparison photos.
Old December 15th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
Would love some BD lights at some point. They're the only company I've seen actually willing to put out comparison photos.
Yep! They absolutely stand behind their product. What sealed the deal for me was actually meeting some of the crew at a show last year and seeing how passionate and knowledgeable they were about their products. The owner, who is also their lead engineer, is a huge gearhead and it shows.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

All PM's replied to!

-Ash

352-572-3236

Old February 2nd, 2015, 01:43 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

PM's replied to. Thanks for the interest.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Old February 22nd, 2015, 10:27 PM
bennett
Bennett
'97 Defender 90 Soft Top #1140

Registry
Pretty impressive lights, ash!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-957715642.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	114388  
Old February 23rd, 2015, 12:11 AM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Just found out these guys are local here in San Diego. Sounds like a great "Tech Trip" for Land Rover Club of San Diego!

Old February 23rd, 2015, 05:24 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Ash how do they compare to VisionX and Rigid? I have Rigid dually's on rear and VisionX Canon spots on front...was thinking of some "Sasquatch" lights for the side on the rack and the S2 seem like a decent choice. Wondering how they compare?
Old February 23rd, 2015, 07:33 AM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett View Post
Pretty impressive lights, ash!
Looks great. I'm glad you like it! Thanks again Bennett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
Just found out these guys are local here in San Diego. Sounds like a great "Tech Trip" for Land Rover Club of San Diego!
Give them a call and see if you can have a tour arranged. That would be a neat experience for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Ash how do they compare to VisionX and Rigid? I have Rigid dually's on rear and VisionX Canon spots on front...was thinking of some "Sasquatch" lights for the side on the rack and the S2 seem like a decent choice. Wondering how they compare?
I don't have any firsthand experience with the VisionX stuff, although I do have a set of the Rigid Dually lights on my desk that seem fairly nice. I believe they're all quality brands and a lot of the 'loyalty' comes down to preference.

The S2 is awesome because its size allows it to be stuffed pretty much anywhere on your truck without being obtrusive, and in terms of raw numbers it's 582 lumens brighter than the Dually which is nearly twice as large. It's the perfect alley or, in your case, Sasquatch light for the side and rear of a truck. The green 90 above has two per side and they really leave nothing to be desired when maneuvering the truck in tight spaces at night, or working around the truck while setting up camp or repairing another vehicle.

There's also a flush-mount option for the S2, which is pretty cool. One of the 110's we're restoring here is having a pair cut into the back panel of the roof.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Old February 23rd, 2015, 08:58 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I like the small 10" bar for my Rockware bumper. What is the mounting hole width? Is it adjustable?
Old February 23rd, 2015, 09:16 AM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

Let me look into that. I don't know the mounting pattern offhand, but they aren't adjustable with the provided brackets. The old product lineup had a 15" bar that was perfect for the front of the Rockware, but they standardized their sizes (10, 20, 30" etc). I've got an email out to see if they have any old stock left over since I could really use another one.

I removed the mounting tabs and welded my own in for the 15", as you can see in the picture, but you could also use something like a Fourtreks clamp to grab the bar, then build off of them to hang your light.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Old February 23rd, 2015, 09:45 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ok let me know. I have the flat tabs for standard lights right now.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 01:13 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

Here we go. So depending on how you orient the bracket (foot facing inward or outward), your mounting pattern is either ~10", or 12.865" on center.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Old February 24th, 2015, 10:41 AM
etl330
Everett
95 LWB

Can you PM me a price for a BD 20"
Old February 24th, 2015, 12:49 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy View Post
Ok let me know. I have the flat tabs for standard lights right now.
Same deal on my rockware - Will have to measure and see if I can mount one of these puppies easily.
Old February 24th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

I can always design some custom brackets if there is a need. I've got another Rockware in the way from Matt that I can pull dims from. The only one I have on hand at the moment is the setup in the above photo.

EDIT: I just spoke to Matt. He says on a two-tab setup he typically mounts them roughly 10" on center, and 8" on center between the three tab configurations. It seems like it ought to work, and if anyone cares to be a guinea pig I can offer an additional discount for testing purposes.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Old March 11th, 2015, 08:54 PM
vasily
Vasily
97 D90 SW

Registry
Ash, have you seen the PIAA RF lightbars and do you have an opinion on them?

I'm not a fan of all the little led lights like on the ARB or the Rigid bars so I like how these PIAAs look but I'm not sure of their reflector technology is a marketing gimmick just to make the lights look different.

http://www.piaa.com/store/c/4109-RF-...LED-Lamps.aspx
Old March 11th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

That's definitely an interesting looking reflector setup, and the first I've seen of it. I don't have any firsthand experience with them, but PIAA typically makes a pretty solid light so I wouldn't be too nervous buying them blind.

One thing I like about the Baja products, aside from the obvious performance and quality offered, is that they look way less 'busy' with fewer LED's and deeper reflectors. Much cleaner in my opinion.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Old April 4th, 2015, 01:31 PM
IrishRover
Sean Lawlor

Ash could you PM me a quote on a pair of sS2 Pro, LED Flood, Flush Mount to 59601. I'm looking for something to supplement the anemic reverse lights on my wife's Toyota Sienna.
Old April 4th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

PM sent! Thanks Sean.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
ht