Atlantic British/British Pacific Merger - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old January 13th, 2013, 01:33 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Yeah I decided to try and give them a fair shake but I can't find things easily; def need a search by manufacturer somewhere on the site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
We will have an ROW list at somepoint but it is turning out to be much harder to incorporate then originally planned. Here is a link to the old ROW "site" we can order anything on here as a special order:

http://www.land-rover-parts-shop.com/en/ui/

Cheers
Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:10 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith
86 110 300TDI,16 Disco Sport

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by brn24whl View Post
We will have an ROW list at somepoint but it is turning out to be much harder to incorporate then originally planned. Here is a link to the old ROW "site" we can order anything on here as a special order:

Cheers
Eric
Thanks, that is what I needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2013, 03:36 PM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by brn24whl View Post

I recognize the back end database and much of the front end structure. Looks to me like the web site is a Michael Hands special using the Allmakes company database.

It is an almost twin web site the the last BP web site before the purchase by AB.

It has evolved into a very good parts search engine though I still have problems with the listed dimensions on most if not all products being the box dimensions and not parts dimensions. And I do hope they take more pictures for the descriptions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:08 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy
73 Land Rover 88 Lightweight

Registry
Unhappy British Pacific and AB merger

i am sadden to hear about the merger! i have been purchasing rover parts from BP since 1987. I got to be good friends with the workers. But most of all their pricing was just and fair!

when steve bought BP from John, i followed them to Burbank, ca. there i got to make more new friends like steve, marty, keith, and tim.... they are all great guys with a knowledge of how to repair rovers. i would always pick their brains when i was rebuilding an engine or tranny or just plain ole tinkering with my rover.

when they moved over to valencia... again i followed them... driving 50 miles just to buy rover parts. again their pricing was better than the competion.

now that i hear they merged, all the good guys are gone! i think the only person left from the original crew is marty..... i will miss all of you...

After perusing the new website... i noticed prices have increased and that sucks!!!!

well good luck to the new BP/AB crew!!! see you all in sunland ca.....
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.a.rover View Post
i am sadden to hear about the merger! i have been purchasing rover parts from BP since 1987. I got to be good friends with the workers. But most of all their pricing was just and fair!

when steve bought BP from John, i followed them to Burbank, ca. there i got to make more new friends like steve, marty, keith, and tim.... they are all great guys with a knowledge of how to repair rovers. i would always pick their brains when i was rebuilding an engine or tranny or just plain ole tinkering with my rover.

when they moved over to valencia... again i followed them... driving 50 miles just to buy rover parts. again their pricing was better than the competion.

now that i hear they merged, all the good guys are gone! i think the only person left from the original crew is marty..... i will miss all of you...

After perusing the new website... i noticed prices have increased and that sucks!!!!

well good luck to the new BP/AB crew!!! see you all in sunland ca.....

Where have you been ese? BP had its open house like 2 weeks ago. Marty popped a huge boner over my Bentley. I'm going to give him a ride in it

Robert Deniro
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM
l.a.rover
handy andy
73 Land Rover 88 Lightweight

Registry
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
Where have you been ese? BP had its open house like 2 weeks ago. Marty popped a huge boner over my Bentley. I'm going to give him a ride in it
orale ese pinche vato loco Neil! do we know each other? refresh my memory! btw.... whose give who a ride on their boner?
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:13 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Well, I guess this thread is about to get moved to the Pit, but I wanted to give a shout out to Eric at AB. I just placed an order with 100+ parts with Eric and found it too easy, and the prices were at least 25% less than on ABs website.

I got a list together of parts, emailed multiple vendors, let them do their jobs, got the cheapest prices, and Eric matched all of them. And done. I did the same with performance parts with Justin and Stephen and will be placing large orders of items that may not be listed on their websites with both of them.

Granted I don't have a Series or Tdi. Just saying.
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Just called Atlantic British to source a replacement pivot pin for t-case linkage. Eric was out of office, and the guy I spoke with said they don't carry any sort of transmission parts like that. I don't see a lot of British Pacific/Allmakes going on over there.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:25 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Just called Atlantic British to source a replacement pivot pin for t-case linkage. Eric was out of office, and the guy I spoke with said they don't carry any sort of transmission parts like that. I don't see a lot of British Pacific/Allmakes going on over there.

I just looked in the last BP parts catalogue (Yes they had one in pdf format and I have the last master file). BP didn't carry the pivot pin. But for Series transfercases they carried the intermediate & output shafts, all the bearings, all the gears, springs, bushings, seals, gaskets and bearings. Other than springs, shaft, bearings, clips & seals they didn't have anything for the front section of the transfercase.

For the Series gearboxes BP carried all the gears, bearings, bushings, clips, synchros , seals, gaskets and shafts what were not NLA.

I wonder what happened to all those parts during the move? Dumpster? Just before the move Tim was saying a lot of stuff as headed that way.

Old February 25th, 2013, 09:32 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Still waiting for the positive part of the merger. AB's new site isn't great and their selection is poor. I guess if you're ordering 100's of parts getting quotes might be worth it. But for my usual 1-5 parts orders I'll just shop elsewhere until AB can step their game up.
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I ended up with another great experience with Trevor at Rovahfarm. I should have that part in a few days from the UK at a fraction of the cost RN is asking.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
Still waiting for the positive part of the merger. AB's new site isn't great and their selection is poor. I guess if you're ordering 100's of parts getting quotes might be worth it. But for my usual 1-5 parts orders I'll just shop elsewhere until AB can step their game up.
I totally agree. I hope AB realizes that the web site is currently the largest barrier to them getting more business. It may look pretty, but trying to locate a part is so f-ing painful that I really don't even bother going there anymore.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
sunny every day
Martin
ex-mil 1980 series 3 LWB RHD FFR 2D

A bit late to this party.

Losing a supplier is bad. Competition is good. I guess I will see how pricing is going the next month or so as things settle down.

Trevor at http://www.rovahfarm.com has been good so far.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
ac