Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old November 20th, 2012, 11:39 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
The way the website is setup to go throw a 3rd party for shipping is a PITA and add a lot of cost. There is no reason your normal system could not work with Canada and show shipping costs. Most mail order companies do not have these problems. As it sits, it is quicker and cheaper to ship from the UK, which should not be the case.

If you call the order in we can ship to Canada via USPS. If you want to place the order on the web Bongo is the only way it will work for you on our site.

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM
GLetorney
Graham Letorney
LR 2, Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake1996d1 View Post
x2 it called my browser "out dated" how rude!!
Hi Jake, Ok point taken, I have reworded the message to kindly express we are not optimize for the older browsers. Please read my post on the previous page for more info on this.
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by brn24whl View Post
If you call the order in we can ship to Canada via USPS. If you want to place the order on the web Bongo is the only way it will work for you on our site.

Eric
OK, just so you understand how a modern person buys things via mailorder.... You check multiple sources for the lowest combined cost including shipping. Unless it is a big order, phoning multiple places multiple times is not worth it. Having a decent website that provides all the information quickly and easier will get you more business.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2012, 12:04 PM
GLetorney
Graham Letorney
LR 2, Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
Any chance AdBlock Plus thinks your data is a pop up ad?
Hi TeriAnn, thanks for your note. Yes, my guess is you nailed it. AdBlock is probably choking on our CDN (not our data).

This is actually the first time I have become aware of AdBlocker choking on CDN's if that is in fact the problem...seems to be a massive drawback on their behalf as most of the web is going in this direction for its scalability, etc. (we obviously do not have popup ads)

We will look into alternatives, in the mean time, please add an exception for your AdBlock plugin to view the site.

Enjoy your travels,

Graham
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
OK, just so you understand how a modern person buys things via mailorder.... You check multiple sources for the lowest combined cost including shipping. Unless it is a big order, phoning multiple places multiple times is not worth it. Having a decent website that provides all the information quickly and easier will get you more business.
Bongo our online partner does do just that, in fact it even calculates all of your taxes and duty, so you know up front what the entire cost will be to your door.

But in the end, I'm in sales I would rather you call me so I can keep my job

Cheers
Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
headdamage
Andrew
exmod 90 2.5na and a 93/RRC 200tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn24whl View Post
We are happy to ship world wide.

Cheers
Eric
That is good to hear!
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:10 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Love RN link is broken page

http://www.roversnorth.com/WebsiteInfo.aspx?fc=72

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
I found "shop.roversnorth.com" works

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:53 PM
RoversNorth
RN
2012 Land Rover Defender
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
For some reason old bookmarks on incorrect URLS are not redirecting properly. It is an issue we are trying to work out. Our new site is shop.roversnorth.com. Or you can simply type in roversnorth.com and it'll redirect you.

1319 Vt Rt 128, Westford, VT 05494
Please message me with any questions you have.
Old December 5th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

That was the result when I clicked on a link to a parts. So there are some bad links within the site.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:38 AM
RoversNorth
RN
2012 Land Rover Defender
D-90 Source Vendor

I apologize, please let me know if you run into this again. We are doing our best to make the website for for everyone.

1319 Vt Rt 128, Westford, VT 05494
Please message me with any questions you have.
Old December 5th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I scored on some AB's black friday free shipping sale. All I need now is a new chassis.

Robert Deniro
Old December 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Neil, so, how did the insurance company handle everything? Will you have to sue?

Old December 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I only got 5k from the guys insurance. My insurance takes care of the rest. Nobody around here wants to work on it due to them being scared it'll be a clusterfuck of a job so I decided to do the rebiuld at my house. Plus I have new engine and suspension parts I wanted to install anyway. Since I have a new gf now I'm going to try to teach her to hand me the right spanners and socket wrenches and to learn about patience.. Meanwhile I'm still going to my dr for my back.

Robert Deniro
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley
I only got 5k from the guys insurance. My insurance takes care of the rest. Nobody around here wants to work on it due to them being scared it'll be a clusterfuck of a job so I decided to do the rebiuld at my house. Plus I have new engine and suspension parts I wanted to install anyway. Since I have a new gf now I'm going to try to teach her to hand me the right spanners and socket wrenches and to learn about patience.. Meanwhile I'm still going to my dr for my back.
Did you get a new bulkhead? What engine are you dropping in?
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Did you get a new bulkhead? What engine are you dropping in?

My body guy said the bulkhead is for the most part fine, there is some pushing and pulling underneath the air vents but he said he has dies and a frame puller that can straighten that out. The cage and the bulkhead cage mounts are fine as well. I already bought all new fenders/outer skins along with a new radiator grill mount. A lot of parts are NLA for 94 NAS so I'll have to straighten a couple of parts out by hand in the front end. Basically once the chassis comes, I'll just slowly start dissasembling everything starting from the axles and start moving everything over. I'm putting a brand new 4.6 crate with rebiult heads. Once everything starts getting together, i will have the body guy paint all the panels seperately with 3 coats ECR style.

Robert Deniro
Old December 5th, 2012, 04:49 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Did you actually say (type) you have a Girlfriend? The Spaniard? There is something wrong in the world today...

Old December 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
Did you actually say (type) you have a Girlfriend? The Spaniard? There is something wrong in the world today...
Hell yeah I got a new girlfriend. The spaniard si
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0674-1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	62264   Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_2-2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	62265  

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_2_3-1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	62266  

Robert Deniro
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
HAHAHA didn't expect to see this in the AB/BP thread!

Apparently the merger was good for you Neil
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:39 PM
red64chevelle
Daniel Smith
86 110 300TDI,16 Disco Sport

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
It is the first time I have been on the AB web site in a few years and after a quick look around I remember why. I do hope the purchase included the BP web site and that it can get merged into your company as well.

I wish you guys success but have no idea how you will keep BP's Series customers without a usable web site. I hope there are web site plans in the works.
This is not working out for me either. At least BP's website would allow you to look for ROW 110 parts. I ordered front end, suspension, and engine parts for my 2.5 petrol. Looks like I will be going with Rovahfarm and SHP more.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
ac