Anyone looking for more storage? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old May 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

Doug - I'll post some pictures when done. As for Matt and patterns, we'll see. He made my roof rack based on a drawing I gave him. When we were done he said don't tell anyone he made it as he wouldn't do it again. He did a great job but it was not an enjoyable effort for him. I'm guessing he will like making the cage much better, but who knows. Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Eddie Cline
None
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger
The overhead one would be pretty sweet in the back of the 90. How wide is it? I'm concerned for the headroom of the occasional backseat passenger.

Rounding back to topic, lol
This is something on the drawing board at this time. It's really just a matter of you guys telling us some measurements of what you'd like. BTW, there should be extremely very little sag as we are using our net system as the base for that item.
I wouldn't be hanging CO2 tanks off it though.
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Rounding back to topic, lol
This is something on the drawing board at this time. It's really just a matter of you guys telling us some measurements of what you'd like.
Let me look at the truck this weekend and figure out what works. I've got a rear bench which would be different from what would be needed for folks with jump seats.
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Eddie Cline
None
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger
Let me look at the truck this weekend and figure out what works. I've got a rear bench which would be different from what would be needed for folks with jump seats.
Right on, thanks
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:21 PM
hamiamham
mike
97 D-90

i have not tried this on my raingler nets but if you were to get the straps wet and then tie nots into them when they dry they might shrink a little and be virtually impossible for a potential thief to untie without getting a screwdriver or something in there. might cause enough grief for the guy to go elsewhere.
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Two washers and a rivet?
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Eddie Cline
None
D-90 Source Vendor

I just wrap the extra strap past the buckle around the buckle a few times and tuck and pull through itself. It's so simple to undo if you did it yourself, but couldn't tell you how many people I show mine to that are confounded as to how to get it off (when they can't see the buckle) You want to really deter someone, slap some marine grease on the buckle there. lol
The materials we use do not stretch or sag when wet, no cotton or wool to them.
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Hammertime
Dana Hammersley
1997 Arles Blue #162

Roof storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
We have started making MOLLE mount products and trying to see if anything like these type items would be of use on you guys rigs? (not the bags, the mounts for them)
I've already worked up a side window area version, but concerned with visibility issues
The first pic shows a web type ceilig storage can I get more info. on that I have a D-90
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Eddie Cline
None
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime
The first pic shows a web type ceilig storage can I get more info. on that I have a D-90
NEW
RMM Multi-mount tactical gear net $174.99

Amazingly versatile RMM tactical gear net have 210 mounting positions for your MOLLE, STRIKE, Clip, and strap on accessories. Items such as hydration systems, ammo clips, flashlights, binos, and many more pouches can be installed as you wish to arrange them on this new net! Built exceeding SWAT and MIL-SPEC demands, this is built to last as long as you own your rig; and we guarantee that. Stainless steel carbineer mounts, UV rated web and all weather rated stitching make this a the ultimate accessory holder for your trail and expedition needs. The RMM mounts in either overhead position; or back window area, facing in or out and makes a great shelf to store jackets and blankets overhead year round. So strong it makes a great nap place up above too!. Or get some footman mounts (on our "extras" page) and put it where you find it most convenient. Can be combined with our strap sets for more expansion beyond items with built on mounts and available in MIL-SPEC olive green outer ends \by special order. Fits D-90 and works with all OEM tops and most after market bikini tops and duster covers. Sold each, MOLLE bags not included but available online or local surplus outlets.
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
NEW
RMM Multi-mount tactical gear net $174.99

Amazingly versatile RMM tactical gear net have 210 mounting positions for your MOLLE, STRIKE, Clip, and strap on accessories. Items such as hydration systems, ammo clips, flashlights, binos, and many more pouches can be installed as you wish to arrange them on this new net! Built exceeding SWAT and MIL-SPEC demands, this is built to last as long as you own your rig; and we guarantee that. Stainless steel carbineer mounts, UV rated web and all weather rated stitching make this a the ultimate accessory holder for your trail and expedition needs. The RMM mounts in either overhead position; or back window area, facing in or out and makes a great shelf to store jackets and blankets overhead year round. So strong it makes a great nap place up above too!. Or get some footman mounts (on our "extras" page) and put it where you find it most convenient. Can be combined with our strap sets for more expansion beyond items with built on mounts and available in MIL-SPEC olive green outer ends \by special order. Fits D-90 and works with all OEM tops and most after market bikini tops and duster covers. Sold each, MOLLE bags not included but available online or local surplus outlets.
I'm not sure how this would work in the front of a Defender as the rollbars are on the outside unlike a jeep where they appear to be strapped too... so what would they even be connected to on a D? Having something like this in the rear cargo area would make sense but I just don't see how it would work in front.
Old May 14th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Eddie Cline
None
D-90 Source Vendor

Sorry, that should be the rear bars. If footmans can be mounted then just about anywhere is possible. Thanks for the catch!
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:36 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Sorry, that should be the rear bars. If footmans can be mounted then just about anywhere is possible. Thanks for the catch!
So is that true for the "roof rack" net too that it only covers the cargo area in back and not from the windshield back as it states? I'm interested in these two products so I just want to make sure I understand and know what it does.

Thanks...
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Eddie Cline
None
D-90 Source Vendor

http://www.raingler.com/R.53.jpg

You are correct, here it is shown better, from behind the seat backs and runs up across the top to the rear area.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft