Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old June 23rd, 2015, 07:47 AM
curry
brandon curry
Series 1 and 110.

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Awesome at 61%! PM'ed you about the new offer on the site.
New offer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2015, 08:01 AM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

I received packaging samples and liked them so much that I decided to offer the knife set as an option without the two cutting boards and aluminum case as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curry View Post
New offer?
------ Follow up post added June 23rd, 2015 06:04 AM ------

If you've been considering a Field Knife Set, don't wait! Jump on it now so that we can get to a successful funding and secure production. I just added another pledge option as well. Take a look and spread the word: http://www.tiktaalik.com/kickstarter

------ Follow up post added June 23rd, 2015 06:04 AM ------

Thanks Bill! I will PM you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curry View Post
New offer?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Old June 23rd, 2015, 08:06 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Backed. Can the knives store on magnetic knife rack? Understand that most SS is not magnetic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2015, 08:44 AM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Sandvik steel is magnetic. You're right though some ss are not magnetic. Here is a good explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Backed. Can the knives store on magnetic knife rack? Understand that most SS is not magnetic.
-
-
Old June 23rd, 2015, 10:40 AM
dendrite
John
97/D90 #147

Registry
That is a fantastic presentation, just missed out on the first offer...grrr. However, I've seen a lot of Indiegogo presentations and none compare to Tiktaalik's. Way to go!
Old June 30th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Ok so with a little pleading I have procured a couple of these to demo for my AK trip. There is a reason this kickstarter is 75% funded, in 14 days!!...These are great knives!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0877.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	123987  
Old July 2nd, 2015, 12:09 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Thanks Bill!

81% funded and 12 days left.

Spread the word so we can get these into production!
-
-
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:01 PM
bennett
Bennett
'97 Defender 90 Soft Top #1140

Registry
Backed. Any chance you'd add a field knife set option with the Murray Carter knife instead of the base chef's knife?
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:07 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Bennett - I was just going to send him a PM asking the same thing!! Or how you can back with the Carter knife, and add a paring knife - with the cutting board and alumn case?
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:10 PM
bennett
Bennett

Registry
Indeed. And Carl, if any of these are ready by November, i'll get some action shots from Patagonia. Going to be moto camping down there for the month and could use some good knives
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:16 PM
vasily
Vasily
97 D90 SW

Registry
I'm on board.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:21 PM
bennett
Bennett

Registry
Yeah, i was thinking if i had the Murray Carter chefs knife i wouldn't need the other chef's knife.

Nice Orwell reference Briggs. Long live the Proles.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 03:21 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Thanks for supporting!

Unfortunately I don't have any plans for an option that replaces just the Chef knife with the Carter version. I was hoping Carter would be up for making all 3 knives in order to have a complete a compete Carter set but he's only willing to do the chef knife for now. I'm not too keen on mixing the set. The closest option is the field knife set and Carter knife combo pledge. If you get that you can use the Carter knife as an every day home knife and the use the field knife set for travel. The Sandvik steel knives are better suited for outdoor abuse (left out in the rain, etc) and keeps the edge longer. The Carter knife with the white steel core is happier when used often and consistently.

------ Follow up post added July 2nd, 2015 01:23 PM ------

Sounds great! I'll do my best to try to deliver earlier than the official delivery of December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett View Post
Indeed. And Carl, if any of these are ready by November, i'll get some action shots from Patagonia. Going to be moto camping down there for the month and could use some good knives
-
-
Old July 2nd, 2015, 03:34 PM
bennett
Bennett

Registry
Sounds good Carl. Thanks for the info
Old July 3rd, 2015, 12:38 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Ok, one full set with cutting boards pledged!! BUT I also wanted the special edition cutting knife!! It wouldn't let me do both at the same time...can I just go back and do it again? (This is my first Kickstarter supported effort.)
Old July 3rd, 2015, 12:40 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Thanks Michael!

You can upgrade your pledge to the Field Knife Set + Carter Knife combo pledge. It should be pretty easy to change the pledge. PM me if you need help and thanks for the support! I am starting to think this might happen!
-
-
Old July 3rd, 2015, 12:52 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Ok, I figured it out.....and fixed it! Both sets pledged! (I'm traveling through UP of michigan and on the mobile app)
Old July 3rd, 2015, 12:55 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Thanks!
-
-
Old July 8th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
87% funded.....but only 7 days to go!! Let's step up and make this project happen. Christmas will be here before you know it!!
Old July 8th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Yes and exactly! Get your Christmas shopping done now! It's so close. If you've been considering pledging now would be the time to pitch in so that The Field Knife Set can get into production. For whatever reason there's been an increasing amount of cancellations towards the end of the campaign. Normal or not, this is worse than not pledging at all! There's nothing more disappointing than taking a few steps back when you're this close to the finish line. Consider pledging and tell everyone you know! Thanks for supporting!
-
-

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft