Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old March 11th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Ship Date

The ship date for the headlight guards and the grills is scheduled for this Friday March 13th. They have been packed up and are ready to go. The hardware is scheduled to return from being black oxidized tomorrow. I am going to ship these out via Fedex and send you the tracking number along with a Paypal invoice for the shipping cost. If you have a different shipping preference send me a PM or email asap.

The parts look incredible. The hours of tumbling has paid off as it created a much smoother finish with much rounder edges. Please note that some of the guards have cosmetic blemishes on the rear of the grills (see photos). This is an issue I am trying to resolve. There is white residue left over from the drying of the anodization process. On the front this film rubs off with your fingers but on the back it does not. I do not want to delay this shipment any further so please contact me if you find this cosmetic blemish unacceptable so that we can get you in line for the next batch. Otherwise these will ship out Friday as planned. There may also be small blemishes where they hang the parts up when they are dipped. This is common with both anodizing and powder-coat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1610.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	115872   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1612.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	115873  

Name:	IMG_1613.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	115874   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1614.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	115875  

Name:	IMG_1606.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	115876   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1607.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	115877  

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	115878   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1617.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	115879  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2015, 07:05 PM
kgottehrer
Kevin Gottehrer
1997 D-90 SW

They look awesome Carl! Thanks so much for all your hard work!! Can't wait!
Old March 11th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
I'll pick mine up next weekend. Can you PM me your cell so we can meet up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2015, 08:56 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Try lightly rubbing some #0000 steel wool to take off those blemishes.

/
/
/
/
Old March 11th, 2015, 10:36 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Something like that could do the trick. Even a nylon brush or toothbrush might. I did't want to touch it in case it made it worse. I have a spare set with similar issues that I can try it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
Try lightly rubbing some #0000 steel wool to take off those blemishes.
------ Follow up post added March 11th, 2015 07:36 PM ------

PM'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
I'll pick mine up next weekend. Can you PM me your cell so we can meet up?
------ Follow up post added March 11th, 2015 07:38 PM ------

Thanks!

They're pretty sweet and they'll come with some sweet matching hardware as well. Its a year in the making so I've lost my objectivity a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgottehrer View Post
They look awesome Carl! Thanks so much for all your hard work!! Can't wait!
------ Follow up post added March 11th, 2015 07:43 PM ------

If anyone feels up for it see if you can find some thin black fiber washers to match the hardware as well. Its oxide stainless against anodized aluminium which is probably fine but it would be good to prevent marring when you have metal against metal like that. It was on my 'want' list but never made it into reality. Another OCD project for someone would be to cut thin 3M adhesive foam and put on the back of the guards to prevent scratching the paint. I can provide the templates.
-
-
Old March 11th, 2015, 11:22 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258

Registry
Friday the 13
Perfect! They look great!
Old March 12th, 2015, 09:37 AM
jrose609
Jason Rose
1983 110 County 200tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiktaalik View Post
The ship date for the headlight guards and the grills is scheduled for this Friday March 13th. They have been packed up and are ready to go. The hardware is scheduled to return from being black oxidized tomorrow. I am going to ship these out via Fedex and send you the tracking number along with a Paypal invoice for the shipping cost. If you have a different shipping preference send me a PM or email asap.
Carl, sent you an email and a FB message.
Old March 13th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Down to the wire here. I will be picking up screws at 11 (vendor delays, shish!) then I will be sorting them and packing everything up. The hardware will be black oxide and waxed! Fanciest screws ever.
-
-
Old March 13th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Shipped!

So this is a bittersweet moment. Your first batch of orders have finally shipped... with the exception of the headlight surrounds. I feel like I've been in labor for a year and just delivered my babies. I hope you guys like them. Please email or call if you have any issues, questions or concerns. I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all and let you know that by buying this product you have helped to support two bad ass dudes start their own fabrication company called Black Label Metal here in Portland, Oregon. Kevin and Brent are the guys who stood by me this whole time and made it happen. It's rare to find someone who obsess over details as much as I do so for that I am grateful. If you're on the Facebook give them your support there by checking out their Facebook site. I hope you enjoy your unobtanium hardware. Apparently no one does waxed black oxide 18-8 stainless steel Pin-in-torx hardware... anywhere on the planet... Except Blackline Inc in Portland.

Here's the other bittersweet news. The quantities listed below may be the last I will be making for a while. I have reduced the rear guards to just 4 sets. This week I accepted a part time job for my friends start up company and I am also about to launch my first non-Defender Tiktaalik product in June. I am also organizing a couple of big trips this year so I've got to trim my schedule and put a couple of things on hold for now but it will return at some point. Cheers everyone and thank you so much for your support!

Pre-order Pricing.
Small Guard set: $240/set* - 17 sets left.
Rear Guard set: $280/set* - 4 sets left.
Headlight Surround set: $340/set* - 20 sets left.
OEM Grill: $440/each* - 14 units left.
Tiktaalik Bottle Opener $16/each* - 15 units left.
*after the 20% D-Source Discount has been applied.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1620.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	116014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1604.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	116015  

-
-
Old March 14th, 2015, 01:52 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Then I'm in for a rear guard set. I wasn't sure what I was going to buy next, so your decision made mine easier! I'll send funds asap.
Old March 14th, 2015, 02:03 AM
emah
Ed Mah
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Ill take a rear guard set if you still have one. Let me know and I will shoot you the funds.
Thanks,
Ed
Old March 14th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Thanks guys.

Just place the order through my website and don't forget the discount code when checking out.
Old March 14th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Small Guard Installation

Someone asked about the mounting of the small light guards. On most vehicles only two of the holes are used for mounting the surround so these are the only ones visible but behind the surround there are actually four square holes for the grommet nuts. You'll have to drill two new holes in each plastic surround so that there are a total of four holes in your surround. One in each corner of the headlight. The installation kit includes 4 new grommet nuts to be used for these additional holes if they don't already have them.

------ Follow up post added March 14th, 2015 07:50 AM ------

Jason,

Yours has been delivered! Let me know how you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose609 View Post
Carl, sent you an email and a FB message.
-
-
Old March 14th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Great work Carl! Best of luck in your expanded product line. Makes perfect business sense. You never work a day in your life if you love what you do right?

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old March 14th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Order reminder

When ordering make sure to select the 'No shipping - local pick up only'. The shipping cost will be calculated and invoiced once the product is ready to ship.

Also, everyone who has ordered post up some photos once you've installed!

------ Follow up post added March 14th, 2015 08:01 AM ------

Thanks Mark! Thats the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Great work Carl! Best of luck in your expanded product line. Makes perfect business sense. You never work a day in your life if you love what you do right?
-
-
Old March 14th, 2015, 11:15 AM
ruggedalaskaman
Frank
1995 NAS D-90 #375

Registry
I just pulled the trigger on front and rear guards.....more airline miles.
Old March 14th, 2015, 11:24 AM
jrose609
Jason Rose
1983 110 County 200tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiktaalik View Post
------ Follow up post added March 14th, 2015 07:50 AM ------

Jason,

Yours has been delivered! Let me know how you like it.
The grill is amazing. No more saggy plastic Britpart grill. The attention to detail is impressive. The finish is beautiful. The grill is very stout. I do not think I will have to ever replace it again.

Thanks again, Carl. Looking forward to the products you come up with next!
Old March 14th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose609 View Post
The grill is amazing. No more saggy plastic Britpart grill. The attention to detail is impressive. The finish is beautiful. The grill is very stout. I do not think I will have to ever replace it again.

Thanks again, Carl. Looking forward to the products you come up with next!
Jason:

Post pics!

Headed your way. Text me if you'll be around at lunch.

Paul.
Old March 14th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
Carl,
Great job on these! I may have missed this, but how do you get the D90 discount?
Thanks
NAS 1993 D110 CDN #11/25
1997 D90 ST #1953
2006 Range Rover
1997 D90 SW #701 (sold)
1995 D90 ST (sold)
Old March 14th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Yes. Use the discount code LMTKLO when checking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese_D90 View Post
Carl,
Great job on these! I may have missed this, but how do you get the D90 discount?
Thanks
-
-

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
defender