Announcing Five Tiktaalik Defender Products - Page 11 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old April 29th, 2015, 11:41 AM
ruggedalaskaman
Frank
1995 NAS D-90 #375

Registry
I just unboxed my rear tail light guards and am really impressed with the quality! Thanks Carl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Great!

Let me know if they install ok. Someone made the great suggestion of adding washers to the kit which is not a bad idea. The nuts are small and the holes in the body panel may be bigger. Take a look before you install.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Old April 29th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

You know a man has class when the smallest detail like packing tape is a consideration...marketing at it's finest to go along with a fine product!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0381.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	119436  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258

Registry
Agreed , Bill pkg looked good! Carl they were a snug fit over the plastic, but nice and tight. so tight barel need the screws. but have a lot of work to do because the PO hacksawed off the rivinuts!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	119449  
Old April 29th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller

Registry
Other side
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	119450  
Old April 29th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbull View Post
Other side
Ah also like those rims...and that Tejas Camel sticker! lol...
Old April 29th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
DAMN....that's some fine bit of kit! Makes me wish I still had square tail lamps. Might be time to break open the piggy bank.
Old April 29th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Ah also like those rims...and that Tejas Camel sticker! lol...
Hah!
That and the honorary Texas flag on the other side!
Old April 30th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

I'm so glad they fit! That was pure luck as I've haven't had access to a set of square ones to test out. Looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbull View Post
Other side
-
-
Old April 30th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller

Registry
Carl,

So tight, like a glove. Haven't attached new screw holes yet, but they would hold without!
Old May 3rd, 2015, 12:46 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

As long as you're happy with the fit and quality, Mark, then I'm happy as well. Here's an update to whats currently available. The stock is limited because I don't know if and when I'll be making more. Once the final order of rear guard ships out I'll be putting these projects on hold for a little while to shift my focus elsewhere.

The orders for the aluminum surrounds have completely stalled so I'm debating if I should refund you guys and have you re-order when I'm able to re-launch them via a crowdfunding campaign. I don't like the idea of sitting on your cash without a target date in mind. For those of you who have pre-ordered, can you let me know your preference? I really want a pair of the surrounds for my own truck but I realistically probably won't get to making another attempt until this fall due to so many other things going on. Let me know.

Quantities still available:
Small Guard set: $240/set* - 12 sets left - Final Quantity.
Headlight Surround set: $340/set* - 20 sets left.
OEM Grill: $440/each* - 9 units left - Final Quantity.
*after the 20% D-Source Discount has been applied.
-
-
Old May 4th, 2015, 12:56 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
How many of us were there? I'd transition to a grill (obviously with cash on top.) I need the surrounds more though, and hope that you achieve mos one day! Just let me know as I'd still be in for a set when they go to press! All the best - Dave
Old May 4th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

They will happen one way or another. The tooling is the expensive hold up. We're 28% there. 5 orders placed. Need 14 more orders... unfortunately, in order to cover tooling. We can also make them without tools (CNC) but they will be $1K/set

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
How many of us were there? I'd transition to a grill (obviously with cash on top.) I need the surrounds more though, and hope that you achieve mos one day! Just let me know as I'd still be in for a set when they go to press! All the best - Dave
-
-
Old May 13th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

The files for the final order of rear guards have finally been submitted for laser cutting. I apologize for the delay, guys.

Quantities still available:
Small Guard set: $240/set* - 12 sets left - Final Quantity.
OEM Grill: $440/each* - 9 units left - Final Quantity.
Headlight Surround set: $340/set* - 20 sets left.
*after the 20% D-Source Discount has been applied.
-
-
Old May 13th, 2015, 03:47 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
So what are we going to do with regards to the surrounds? I can transition to a grill and just keep my name on the list for the surrounds as a guaranteed buyer. I was going to get the grill this month anyways so you know I'm good for the surrounds when they finally do happen. Just let me know. All the best – Dave
Old May 25th, 2015, 01:42 PM
emah
Ed Mah
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Hey Carl,

Any ETA on the rear guards? Just want to get an idea how much longer.
Thanks,
Ed
Old May 25th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

Hi Ed.

I have been promised a pick up from the laser cutter this Wednesday. Another couple of days to get bent and welded and another week on top of that to get anodized.

------ Follow up post added May 25th, 2015 11:44 AM ------

David.

I'll most likely just end up refunding everyone until I am able to take another stab at it. Most likely I won't be able to touch it until fall and I don't feel comfortable hanging on to everyones cash for that long. I don't care if these go into production, I just want a set for myself so I end up having to CNC a set at an obscene cost so be it. It was never about the money or the "opportunity". Crowdfunding may be the way to go but I will be neck deep in the Field Knives this summer which is why I'll have to postpone this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
So what are we going to do with regards to the surrounds? I can transition to a grill and just keep my name on the list for the surrounds as a guaranteed buyer. I was going to get the grill this month anyways so you know I'm good for the surrounds when they finally do happen. Just let me know. All the best – Dave
-
-
Old June 3rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

I have issued a refund to those of you who placed an order for the headlight surrounds. It's not game over yet. I will make another attempt via a crowdfunding campaign later this fall. Please check that you have received the refund. I received an inquiry about someone wanted a set for their Twisted Defender. Perhaps I should give Twisted call to see if they are interested in expediting the product development.

The laser cutter used my old files to cut the mounts for the rear guards so they had to re-cut them and I am picking them up today to get them sent over for fabrication. I will post up when I hear more on when that is done.
-
-
Old June 3rd, 2015, 01:25 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Ok. Bummer. Let me know when funding starts again. I really want these! ;-) I'll have a look see on the refund, but I'm sure it's fine. What's the discount code on the grille? Still the same?
Old June 3rd, 2015, 01:29 PM
Tiktaalik
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS Defender 90
D-90 Source Vendor

I know, its a bummer but its not over yet. We'll get some made one way or another. I sent a note to Twisted.

Yep, the code for the grill is the same.
-
-

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Tags
defender