A few LEDs - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft

Old November 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM
RoversNorth
RN
2012 Land Rover Defender
D-90 Source Vendor

Just to clarify- the only items on sale for $22.50 are the clear models that are listed above. The rest are still the standard $29.95. I can do a price break at 5 or more are ordered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1319 Vt Rt 128, Westford, VT 05494
Please message me with any questions you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoversNorth View Post
Just to clarify- the only items on sale for $22.50 are the clear models that are listed above. The rest are still the standard $29.95. I can do a price break at 5 or more are ordered.
thanks for the clarification!

what's the price for the aforementioned combination (the set of 8)?
Old November 1st, 2013, 12:50 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Isn't this all a little bit pointless?? We ARE talking about indicator/signal lamps here, right? If we were talking about headlights then I could see your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
That's why anyone serious about this will measure and publicize both Raw and Effective Lumens.

Raw is the output without loss occurred by lenses, etc.

Effective is the actual measured output after all losses.

I just think its a bit of a pointless discussion if you don't have numbers to compare products with because 'similar' products can range from $200 to $2000. If specs aren't publicized you wouldn't know that one puts out 1500 lumens and the other one 20 000 lumens. A world of difference. You won't have accurate apples to apples comparizon by saying 'they're bright' or 'they're really bright' There's tons of cheap crappy LED's out there and of course they won't publicize specs.

That said I really like these RN LED lights as they appear close to stock and they are fully waterproof. I replaced all my stock lights with drop in replacement LED bulbs from superbrightleds and they are very bright (my parking lights are 220 lumens) but that didn't fix the crappy waterproofing foam seal the stock lights have. The foam seals degrade and compress and will eventually let in water.

Could you imagine comparing motors (etc, etc) without referencing horsepowers or torque?

Specs matters that's all I'm saying. Otherwise you'll never be able to make educated decisions when comparing products and price points.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2013, 01:04 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
Isn't this all a little bit pointless?? We ARE talking about indicator/signal lamps here, right? If we were talking about headlights then I could see your point.
Exactly. That's why I had asked if he knew the specs on all of the stock little lights all around the truck. All I know is that the stock lights all around are weak, and all of the ones I've replaced with LED's are way brighter.

Anyway, this is RN's for sale thread, so we probably shouldn't be having a discussion on every type of LED that is made here.
Old November 1st, 2013, 01:08 PM
RoversNorth
RN
2012 Land Rover Defender
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
thanks for the clarification!

what's the price for the aforementioned combination (the set of 8)?
I can do $19.95 per rear light, $24.99 for the others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
I'd be in for a complete set of 8 in the proper colors (red/amber at rear and clear/amber up front).
Assuming they are plug-n-play (no relays or other wiring required).

Is there a validation code for this deal, or should I call?
On the early 110, I had to cut the leads and put bullets on to facilitate the older connections and replace the flasher relay which plugged right in.

Quote:
That's why anyone serious about this will measure and publicize both Raw and Effective Lumens.

I just think its a bit of a pointless discussion if you don't have numbers to compare...

Could you imagine comparing motors (etc, etc) without referencing horsepowers or torque?

Specs matters that's all I'm saying.
Good Point.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old November 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

To some, but not to others. If you don't care and wish to remain ignorant that is totally fine by me but don't expect everyone to be like that. Lots of people out there who do care about details like this, however small.

Quote:
Old November 1st, 2013, 01:48 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Irrelevant IMO. Specs exist so that you can make an educated personal choice about the many options that are on the market. To me its irrelevant of it is $125 worth of turn signals or $1000 headlights. Its about you being able to make educated choices not about having the brightest turn signal on the planet. If you don't hold manufacturers and retailers responsible, they can and will peddle cheap garbage on you at disproportional cost. Because you let them.

I apologize to RN for the tangent. I really like these lights and look forward to trying them out. Lumen specs would be icing on the cake as I wonder how much less brighter they will be than my existing LEDs. Thanks!

Quote:
Old November 1st, 2013, 01:56 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Here's an idea: Post the specs of the stock lights instead of crying about not knowing the lumens of some stock replacements. Knowing the replacement lumens means NOTHING if you don't have a baseline to compare then against. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

You're also assuming anybody besides you actually cares about the lumens output of turn signals. I for one do not. That doesn't make me ignorant, it just means I see no reason to devote my time to pointless matters like turn signal lumens.
Also, there are many other reasons to switch to LED's other that lumen output.

Quote:
Irrelevant IMO. Specs exist so that you can make an educated personal choice about the many options that are on the market. To me its irrelevant of it is $125 worth of turn signals or $1000 headlights. Its about you being able to make educated choices not about having the brightest turn signal on the planet. If you don't hold manufacturers and retailers responsible, they can and will peddle cheap garbage on you at disproportional cost. Because you let them.

I apologize to RN for the tangent. I really like these lights and look forward to trying them out. Lumen specs would be icing on the cake as I wonder how much less brighter they will be than my existing LEDs. Thanks!
Old November 1st, 2013, 02:05 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

You're not paying attention. Did you even read what I just wrote? Being able to compare improvement matters much less than being to make educated purchasing decisions.

Forget lumens for a minute. Two identical turn signal bulbs. One has a 50 hour life span, the other a 30,000 hour life span. According to your logic it doesn't matter and you don't care.

Quote:
Here's an idea: Post the specs of the stock lights instead of crying about not knowing the lumens of some stock replacements. Knowing the replacement lumens means NOTHING if you don't have a baseline to compare then against. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I asked RN for a spec because I wanted to know approximately how less bright their lights would be compared to the LEDs I currently have.

Requesting specs from manufacturers and retailers is part of the solution IMO.
Quote:
Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:20 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I'm saying specs matter and manufacturers should disclose all specs regardless of consumers finding them useful and some not.

Bulb life span is another spec that can be pretty useful to know as I would rather purchase a bulb that lasts 30000 hours instead of 30. Totally fine by me if your don't care and think it is 'retarded' but the information should be disclosed so that those who care have the ability to make that choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
I was enjoying the retardedness of the argument, but now you've lost me. Ill go back to looking for a replacement 3rd brake light now. -Jeff
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
RoversNorth
RN
2012 Land Rover Defender
D-90 Source Vendor

I do not find it surprising that lumen-output specifications are requested on a light, but as of right now we are unable to provide the data you require. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Old November 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoversNorth View Post
I can do $19.95 per rear light, $24.99 for the others.
do we call you? or give our account # there etc.
also i assume we need the flasher unit as well.

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old November 1st, 2013, 06:12 PM
RoversNorth
RN
2012 Land Rover Defender
D-90 Source Vendor

Yes, please shoot me a PM about the deal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > The Vendors Loft