D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Nice Rich! Land Rover should use it!
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
I sent to them, that would be very cool if they used it. Considering the way ford is running things I can pretty much be assured they wouldn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2004, 01:42 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

They never would. That picture implies that Land Rovers are used off road and that does not appear to be the direction Ford wishes to go.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 26th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Hey Chris,
Have you seen the new LRWC showroom. Doesn't Dale seem really happy wearing a tie?
Old May 26th, 2004, 01:55 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

HAHAHAHA... yeah he's real thrilled. And his shiny shoes. Such the Land Rover look. And now it takes me 10 minutes longer to get to the new location.

Simply swell changes everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:50 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Seems about par for the course. Alyssa said that when she went into service at Main Line that 7 of the 20 or so trucks on the lifts had West Chester stickers on them. The moves puts ML closer than WC for many now. It goes in cycles, we used to lose a lot to them when we only had 3 bays, now it is cycling the other way.

Nice Ad rich!
Old May 28th, 2004, 05:54 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Yeah, well, I am a little bit more than bitter with the dealership at the moment for reasons I wont go into here. But I will say with the way the ownership is obviously pushing away us "old generation Rover school of thought" owners and blaintently sucking up to the new RR and Jaguar buyers its only a matter of time before none of us wheelers will be welcome there. Might be mud on the parking lot or something.

I got to be honest, I got top notch service and treatment from ML and being only 10 minutes away, ML will be getting more of my business.

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:29 PM
397D110
DALE WENNAGEL
93 DEFENDER D110

I like the advertisement - see me, we may use it. Stand by guys, we are not that snobby. Actually, we lost the manditory tie thing. Probably because it did not match my shot sleaved shirts with the embroiderary. Next week, I was going to wear my bow ties, look is much better with the short sleaved shirts, and my "bowling shoes." Actually, LR was putting some pressure to return to the gear look. Yes, the vehicles are getting techy, but they know where their bread and butter lies. Well, aat least we know. Thanks for the support - we have not forgotten muddy roads and wooded trails. there will be a couple of events soon. Yes, you can drop mud in the parking lot. you just cant swim in lake Latoff.
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Dale,
Sorry I will miss the bow ties. I will still drive 45min rather then 5min across a bridge to get ANYTHING done to my d-90. LRWC is buy far my favorite dealer to do business with, even though it is a very small amount.
Old June 28th, 2004, 10:21 AM
397D110
DALE WENNAGEL
93 DEFENDER D110

THANKS RICH for the vote of confidence. We are trying to get organized - growing pains and all that. The Service department is aware of the problems and are trying to correct them, while returning the service experience to what you expect. I am a customer also, so I do know how you feel.
thanks again
Old June 28th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
I have never had anything but positive experiences at LRWC.
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:20 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

When I made my original post back in May, I was actually refering to the perceived path managament seems to have been taking the direction of which was to slowly cut out the "old school" and concentrate more on the higher income market. This is not a growing pain, it simply looks like an outright marketing focus direction.

This has been heading this way for a while starting back at the WC event introducing the new RR at the QVC facility, I found it uncomofortably noticable that when the owner was up there thanking every local goverment person under the sun that had nothing to do with anything other than for the sake of kissing ass, didnt even thank a single one of you Sales guides who helped get the recongnition he was going on about in the first place.

Who all was on hand for the new facilities open house? Were any of the dealerships wheeler customers there? Where any even invited? I wasnt, and I think in 4 years after buying 3 trucks directly from the dealership, our 4th because of you, a few freinds sent your way that resulted in sales, not to mention that due to my very limited mechanical skill as well as lack of space for doing the work myself, the huge amounts of non-warranty work money alone, done there, that it's pretty sure beat I would again be a repeat customer. However, we both know, I do not fit the target market buyer image for the new RR or Jaguar and suspect this is who mostly made up the attendee list.

I dont see this as a service dept issue, I see it as a direction and image issue. I like the new place alot but I think it was a lot more "Land Rover" back over in the old building without the silly ties. LR sales guides and service managers should not look like generic high dollar car salesmen.

(Before you think I might be unfairly giving Dale a hard time, he and I have been personal friends for a number of years. There is nothing here I have said that I would not, or have not, said to his face in private or at the Centre.)

Follow-up Post:

I also should add that I really didnt want to turn this into a perticular Centre bashing thread and that my point was more aimed at the direction LRNA seems to be going. But you have to admit, given the full body of LR's history and what made them what they are, the whole concept of the ties and appearance of its newer target market, is directly conflicting with what made the image in the first place.

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 29th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Yeah, I have to agree I too like the old location and the feeling you got when you entered the old style land rover show. I see that there are still a number of "Old school" centre's around. Is Ford going to req. all of them to change. I think they should have done what Willow Grove did and build two distinct different showrooms. Anyway what the hell do I know?
Old March 21st, 2005, 08:41 PM
arbik
Arbi Karapetian
1995 D-90 SW #163/500

First time out with my D90

Hi Guys,

took out the D90 with a buddy (also in a D90) this past weekend.

Texas Canyon, here in Southern California...

I am particularly fond of this shot.

I LOVE this truck!!

-arbi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D90.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	2789  
Old March 21st, 2005, 11:56 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Nice shot. Texas Canyon is a hoot.

Doug W.
Old March 25th, 2005, 03:36 PM
arbik
Arbi Karapetian
1995 D-90 SW #163/500

Hey Doug,

Ya..I almost didnt recognize it..with all the green stuff growing out of the dirt

Any plans on a caravan going up to RR5?

-arbi
Old August 11th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Tezab_42
Terry Bonner

Excellent Desktop Background!!!!
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:51 PM
SmilingOnion
Nash
1994 Defender 90

Great ad, we need more like these. I was working on a couple myself but could not get the "Land Rover" logo. Where did you find it, how can I get it?

Follow-up Post:

Loved the ad. I'd like to do similar stuff. Where did you get the 'Land Rover' logo and how can I get it?
Old March 25th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I definately agree with you guys about the Centre's being a lot "More Land Rover" than the new dealerships. From what I have heard, Land Rover is not requiring any dealers to convert unless it is during a move/remodel. The new dealers will be the new style and the old Centres will remain.

I have found myself wondering about the marketing a lot lately too. On the one hand, most of us miss the old marketing plan and it did build a great customer base, on the other hand though Land Rover is selling more and more vehicles year over year and month over month with this strategy. I think the old way attracted a lot of people that wanted something different and unique from all the other SUV's (even if they weren't into off-roading) and were more likely to stick with the brand whereas the new strategy appeals more to the people who want it more as a status symbol and are more likely to buy whatever else is new and hot the next year.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingOnion
I was working on a couple myself but could not get the "Land Rover" logo. Where did you find it, how can I get it?
http://www.xpressonline.com.br/LandRover/rangesport/divulgacao/LogoLandRover.JPG

Just Right Click and hit save-as

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Artwork & Doodles

Tags
90, d-90