Computer software suggestions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Artwork & Doodles


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:44 AM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,332
Folks: to find a good easy to learn (!) program to help me pull together a slideshow of my son's Varsity team end of season dinner.
My portion is likely to be silent being shown during the arrival and dinner. Another guy (Mac addict) has that job including music. I'm in win10 land. I want to show slides in rapid succession as there are often 15-20 shots in sequence, almost slow motion style.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:28 AM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,075
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Folks: to find a good easy to learn (!) program to help me pull together a slideshow of my son's Varsity team end of season dinner. My portion is likely to be silent being shown during the arrival and dinner. Another guy (Mac addict) has that job including music. I'm in win10 land. I want to show slides in rapid succession as there are often 15-20 shots in sequence, almost slow motion style.
iMovie on your iPad ... I actually made a small stop motion movie on my iPhone at a festival just by importing and aligning the photos I took and posted it to Instagram ...

https://instagram.com/p/BH7cdl4glU1/
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 3rd, 2016, 11:13 AM
BostonAndy's Avatar
BostonAndy
Status: Offline
Andrew
Moose :: 1985 110
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 355
Registry
Preivew on OSX has a slideshow mode that I've used for simple photo cycling.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old September 3rd, 2016, 11:34 AM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,332
Not buying an apple computer so forget OS X and don't use an iPad.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 3rd, 2016, 11:46 AM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,075
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Not buying an apple computer so forget OS X and don't use an iPad.
Give the Mac guy a couple of beers and your photos ... You are going to avoid a whole world of misery ...

I have both macs and PCs - some jobs just are easier with the appropriate tool.
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 3rd, 2016, 11:54 AM
phoenix37's Avatar
phoenix37
Status: Offline
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Venice, CA/Yarmouth,ME
Posts: 5,408
Registry
find a 12 year old girl with an iPad and she will have it done for you in 5 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 3rd, 2016, 12:02 PM
BostonAndy's Avatar
BostonAndy
Status: Offline
Andrew
Moose :: 1985 110
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 355
Registry
google slides (free w/ google account) works on all platforms. web browser based and can do some decent work.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 16th, 2016, 03:12 PM
woldd90's Avatar
woldd90
Status: Offline
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37 View Post
find a 12 year old girl with an iPad and she will have it done for you in 5 minutes.
My 12 YO Daughter does that stuff everyday.

You could do it the old school way, with PowerPoint...
__________________
Scott

Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Artwork & Doodles

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Damn Sniper software ! Uncle Douglas Misc. Chit-Chat 14 June 18th, 2010 08:47 PM
Bike Computer and HR Monitor Suggestions aosias Misc. Chit-Chat 9 May 16th, 2010 07:24 PM
Moab & Mapping Software PMHAH Trips, Trails and Events 1 September 28th, 2007 12:40 PM
Update your antivirus software NOW!! chrisvonc Community News & Announcements 0 March 22nd, 2004 02:05 PM
Update your antivirus software NOW!! chrisvonc Misc. Chit-Chat 0 March 22nd, 2004 02:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Copyright