BITD Art Drawings - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Artwork & Doodles

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 9th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
BITD Art Drawings

I was looking for some old bike photos and came across these in the box. It gave me a good laugh as I guess I can't escape the 4x4 bug that I had as a kid.

Curt LeDuc had a shop in our town back home so the old man would have me in tow when he was getting his truck worked on or looking for parts. I remember looking at old issues of Four Wheeler sitting on the shop floor. Or looking at parts and stuff. He had a stack of Jeep frames in the driveway. Cool ass stuff for a kid.

Sorry about the Jeep content - they were my dream rig back then. Not to many Rovers in Western MA in the 80's but plenty of rusty classic Broncos and IH Scouts.

CJ5 - Looks like I drew this when I was 12. Big tube bumpers and 3 shocks on each corner up front and 6 lights on the rollbar - haha

Rad Rustbomb, aka Jeep Jeepster Commando - my dad had a couple of the Jeepsters as they were much cheaper to get than a CJ7 and probably offered more room. I was 9 when I drew this. Peep the headers and the plow and locking front hubs. Pops would make me go out and lock them when we were plowing or heading into some trail.

Race Truck? - Drew this when I was 13. Not sure what kind of rig it was. I know LeDuc was running full size Jeep Cherokees and would cut them up so there wasn't too much of them left. Probably some influence from that.

IH Scout - I remember doing this for an art project in junior high. Grabbed one of the 4WOR magazines and cut this Scout out. I loved those trucks (still do) but my dad stayed away from them as his rust threshold wasn't high enough for them (and he had patched many a floor back then). Cool build and it had Centerlines which I thought were the treats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dbunnell_jeep_01.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	44558   Click image for larger version

Name:	dbunnell_jeepster.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	44559  

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbunnell_leduc.jpg