You Rover owner you.... - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 7th, 2006, 02:05 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

As everyone else, firearms. I'm pretty into home renovation as of late. I'm a pretty big geek at work too, as I do R&D, but more in the field than in the lab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 7th, 2006, 07:46 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley
Thats pretty interesting how we all have similar hobbies. I'd say the majority of us are conservatives? Any liberals in the bunch? (asking in non aggressive way) :D
Philosophically Liberal and Fiscally Conservative. The older I get $ is more important than my opinions on social issues...so the older I get the more Republican I vote...today was a hard one.
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:57 PM
MattGuyver_007
Matt VA
1995 D90 SW

Registered Professional Engineer, Civil, Structural and Corrosion so I'm a great D-90 owner. I appreciate anything well made / designed. I like solid state, mechanical workings that can be fixed with intuition and ingenuity. My screen name says it all.

Pinball machines, gear of any kind, firearms, knives, skiing, camping, anything outside.

Rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it- which is why I have a roof rack. I do admire the minimalists attitude though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 8th, 2006, 02:14 AM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewap
I rock climbed for over 25 years. Used to teach it, climbed in the Shawagunks and Catskills mostly. Pushed 5.13b
once and thought I was a god, until I got into ice climbing, some of my most desperate moments on waterfalls.
Good to see climbers here..
5.13!!! Dang. I topped out at 5.12 on a good day. Can pretty much climb 5.10 off the couch but that is purely from years of experience and nothing else. Ice is a whole other ball game and something I dabbled in a bit. I recently bought a new ice axe to use for ski mountaineering and when I went into the garage to put it away I laughed as I set it next to my 10 other ice axes and ice tools that never get used.
Now I just enjoy getting out and climbing and don't worry about grades anymore. Just love being outside.
Old November 8th, 2006, 06:43 AM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymoe
5.13!!! Dang. I topped out at 5.12 on a good day. Can pretty much climb 5.10 off the couch but that is purely from years of experience and nothing else. Ice is a whole other ball game and something I dabbled in a bit. I recently bought a new ice axe to use for ski mountaineering and when I went into the garage to put it away I laughed as I set it next to my 10 other ice axes and ice tools that never get used.
Now I just enjoy getting out and climbing and don't worry about grades anymore. Just love being outside.
I hear you about grades, and it don't mean a thing. I've cruised 5.12, pushed 13, and at the same time had 5.10s kick my ass. After a lifetime of climbing from when it was underground society to national fad, I can tell you that the best climbers are the well rounded climbers with experience, no matter what grade. I have seen advanced climbers killed on
below their level grades, and I've rescued climbers who were more advanced than me. "The skill" as I call it, is temperance, judgment, and experience. The training, whatever level you bring it to, is just the tool.
Dude, if yur climbing 5.10 off the couch with experience, you know what I'm talking about...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat