Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:33 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowdungbeetle View Post
It is! It's actually a welded metal sculpture made from used motorcycle parts.
Nice! They make for cool trophies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2315.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	63665   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2314.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	63666  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2316.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	63667  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Say- where can I get a line on that stuff!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Being the lady of the house, I only allow manuals and badges to be stored inside the house. Though there are a couple broken LR axle ends on display on a living room nick knack shelf.

Greasy clothes are removed in the utility room (back entrance) and do not make it into the house except for a quick bathroom run. I try to have a clean nice looking house that doesn't look like a shop office.

The two car garage has a couple rows of high quality storage racks that take up one half of the garage for parts storage and 2 work benches along the back and other side . That leaves plenty of space for the TR3 (the LR is too tall for the door so lives outside). I figure that should be enough storage unless someone makes me an offer I can not refuse on a car I can not resist.

On the other hand I once broke down and rebuilt a Land Rover gearbox on the dining room floor during the winter. so I do understand special circumstances of an unheated garage at below freezing temperatures.

And maybe I happen to have some old Lucas driving lights & spare driving & fog lamp lenses stored inside of an antique wash stand. I want to keep them in very good dry condition and you can not see them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Say- where can I get a line on that stuff!
http://store.metalpark.org/nextshow.html

I got mine, like 8 years ago while I was in NYC
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I guess you've never been to Ron's (evilfij) house. That man has parts stored in every concievable place in his house!
Ron's house is a Rover Paradise... I call it Ronver World.

I bet that he has everything needed to build a fully operational truck with just the spare parts he has. Maybe two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Nice! They make for cool trophies.
These are very cool... Nice!

Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I guess you've never been to Ron's (evilfij) house. That man has parts stored in every concievable place in his house!
ohhh i've been to Rons house before. I was there back in the day when there was also load of dog shit you had to avoid while putting your parts on at 3am

But yea, I got the tour. Ron has stuff in his house which is weird, but I've seen worst Rover horders.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Lets see, in my living room I have 3 rover engine blocks (one on a stand) and all sorts of body panels/parts in 3 seperate storage shelves. And thats all in the living room along with a stack of my clothes that I need to wash. For art, I have a Range Rover HSE grill hanging on the wall. Never get any compliments on that.

Robert Deniro
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
For art, I have a Range Rover HSE grill hanging on the wall. Never get any compliments on that.
Should have gone for a Supercharged grill.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:50 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
I'm the one trying to keep the GF's 101 FC parts out of the house. She does have a Judge Dread wheel cover in the corner of the livingroom. But other than that I think it all lives in the garage or basement.
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:15 AM
winn442
Winn Bearden

Registry
I'm bad about bringing stuff in the house, usually from emptying my pockets....every day or so she will de-rover and de-gun part the house and place the offending items on a shelf by the back door for me to return them to the barn from wence they came.....

She's pretty forgiving, however, she'll let me take over the kitchen table for some electrical work or for gun work/cleaning.....

------ Follow up post added January 3rd, 2013 10:23 AM ------

Addendum:

I no longer own any guns, especially any assault type rifles. The reloading equipment, bullet molds, tubs of gunpowder, and buckets of wheelweights are only a hobby.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Spanner110
I
1993 Defender Pick up

My wife's main complaint with myself isn't so much the bringing of Landrover parts into a domestic setting, it's my cavalier attitude to abusing the dishwasher to clean and degrease any part which requires cleaning. ( OK I do take out the cups and plates out first, but that defence seems to fall on deaf ears ) We've been married 21 years and I have given her every reason to divorce me on multiple occasions but she's still with me, so either she's still madly in love with me (or just stone mad) or I'm not trying hard enough - hmm....the envelope is bigger than I thought and there is scope for exploring the boundaries
My 'dearly beloved' occasions to mention that I am apt to "spread my stuff all over the house, all the time", the dining room was taken over last September as the office ( for the bullpup rifle project ) the lounge is the stockholding area for aluminium tube, plate and office stationary, my daughters old bedroom is now the armoury, (she's at University and doesn't expect she'll be back to need it again) I have saved all my 5.56mm brass that I plan to reload @10,000 fired cases - that's in there too along with my wardrobe of clothes, reloading kit and various 'delicate' landrover parts! the shed (tools only) and the yard (is it normal to own 4 axles, 3 transfer cases, winch bumper and 6 regular bumpers..as spares)? good, I thought so
My landlord is really understanding about everything, thankfully. He also shares my passion for Landrovers so I guess we got lucky with our rental.
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

You guys are making me feel better...Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat