Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 22nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Hey Chris, sorry to hear this. Keep us posted as to the cause. Replacing my oil lines is on the todo list, but given my track record, I'm likely to drive it before then - despite it being on jackstands right now

I had a guy named Matt Humphrey from Land Rover Austin help me out (on the side) when I purchased my defender. If you need me to pm me his email addr or number let me know. He was nothing short of awesome helping me out.

charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I already know Matt and the crew down here at the dealership. Great gang!

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:52 AM
tron
Thomas F
Recently Roverless

Chris Matthews is also a good guy down at the dealership. I live in Austin so let me know if there is anything I can help with. There is (was last Saturday) what looks like a Yellow 94 ST on the same street (5th) as the dealership at some place called Olde English Imports or something. I have checked it out through the fence and you might be able to see if they could sell you some parts if you are going that route. 5th St. is one way so you will have to pass it if you come from MoPac.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2005, 04:12 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I dont know if I have meet Chris M yet.

I know the one you are talking about. I stopped in and had looked at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old August 23rd, 2005, 05:19 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron
I live in Austin so let me know if there is anything I can help with.
Why don't you join us at the Texas Rovers chapter meeting at Rudy's on 183 next Tuesday? The Austin chapter only has 2 D-90s, scratch that, we only have 1 after the incident that started this thread. We had a dozen rigs at the last couple meetings and always love more. Rudy's sets aside an area for us to park and everything.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillo90
Why don't you join us at the Texas Rovers chapter meeting at Rudy's on 183 next Tuesday? ~/~ We had a dozen rigs at the last couple meetings and always love more. Rudy's sets aside an area for us to park and everything.
Oh yeah, come on out. Would definatly be cool getting another D90 to show up.[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillo90
The Austin chapter only has 2 D-90s, scratch that, we only have 1 after the incident that started this thread.
Hey now, at the moment, it still has 2, one just doesnt run anymore.

Quote:
[/size]
Old August 24th, 2005, 01:39 AM
dsh12
Daniel Hayes
1994 Defender 90 Soft Top

Chris, sorry to hear that. Me and my 94 D90 were almost in the same boat with you.
I was tooling down the road the other day in my D90 with the top off enjoying myself when I noticed
white smoke and the smell of oil. My first thought was what poor fool's car was on its last legs; it couldn't possibly be me. To my horror when I looked in the rear view mirror I could barely see the car behind me for the smoke. I quickly pulled over and popped the hood to see my oil cooler line spraying oil directly on my exhaust manifold (on the passenger side). I quickly shut it off and got a tow home. I was lucky it did not ignite and put my car in flames. I'm not certain what replacement hoses I'll choose.
Old August 24th, 2005, 12:49 PM
tron
Thomas F
Recently Roverless

Tony--

Thanks for the invite...however I only get to drive the D-90 Thursday - Monday. The rest of the time I am out of town for work. I will be in town on the first Tuesday in September, however 8/30 I am gone. Keep me updated of any meetings or rides. I might try to replace my oil lines this weekend so check for posts b/c I will probably mess someting up

If you or Chris want to partake in the festivities let me know.
Old August 24th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron
If you or Chris want to partake in the festivities let me know.
As much fun as that sounds, I think I'll be cleaning up my side yard a bit this weekend to make room for Chris' 90.

Check with the forums over at Texas Rovers. We're headed to Padre on Oct 7-9 and the weekend before that a bunch of us are entering the Texas All British Car Day over in Round Rock.
Old August 24th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Chris.... if you need a factory fan shroud for the radiator, I just took mine out and you're more than welcome to it.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old August 29th, 2005, 12:42 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Well, its offical as of last week. They totaled out the truck and I bought it back. The D90 is now at a highly classifed, secret location, cleverly camoflauged in sunflowers, awaiting a direction on what to do with it.
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...6818#post46818

Hans, if I rebuild it, I am kind of thinking I might need those. Here is what mine looks like right now:
Attached Images

Quote:
[/size]
Old August 29th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

I have a fan shroud also, as well as the fan and clutch. Gosh, who doesn't have parts laying around? It would be nice to be able to repay the Source in some small way....
When you have things all sorted out I'd love to see a list of whats needed so I could rummage around the garage and put things to better use than collecting dust.
Old August 29th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Man.... I just don't think you realize exactly how lucky it was Chris that you stopped it as soon as you did. That really isn't anywhere near as bad as I expected to see. Looks like most of what got burned and melted was all consumables anyways. Can you figure where it started yet? Power Steering or Oil lines?

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old August 29th, 2005, 03:01 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

haha.. thats a pretty nice idea.

Does anyone know if my 4-core radiator would be OK to reuse after something like this or are they pretty sensitive to engine fires? It looks fine, dont know if inside is messed up or not. Maybe these kind of questions belong in a tech thread or something because I am sure I will have a million of them.

Quote:
[/size]
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:02 PM
steved90
steven melnyk

chris,

have any parts you are getting rid of?
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:08 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Nothing at the moment, no. Sorry. Not parting it yet if I am going to.

Quote:
[/size]
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:13 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Chris, I've got some credit still at Rovers North and I'm doing an order soon (Finally gonna do that clutch cylinder) so if you can think of some stuff you need, I can get them to you at MAR or before if you need... Like Rod said, I'd like to repay the source somehow.
Old August 29th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Nothing at the moment, no. Sorry. Not parting it yet if I am going to.
He may not have any parts but I've got lots. In fact I've got a whole pile of them out back now.
Old August 29th, 2005, 07:27 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

I'll check on the electric fans I removed from the truck and if they work you can have them.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old August 30th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Roadsiderob
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor

Chris,
I've got a bunch of parts around...lots of wierd stuff. Maybe post a list of what you need.
Rob

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
engine, fire