Yet another Engel thread - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 31st, 2014, 03:16 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

Yet another Engel thread

Hi, apologies up front. This may sound like another dead horse thread. I want to get an Engel. It will be used in the back of the 110. Hard top half of the year, soft top the other half. It will also be used in my camper.

The question is: MT45 or MT35?

I saw that EE sells the MT45 the most. I'm assuming this is the one I want. I've searched for Engel Land Rover 110 images and can't tell which model is in the back. Any images of either an MT45 or MT35 would be great.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2014, 05:02 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

45 is the way to go. Make sure it's properly secured!

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old May 31st, 2014, 07:54 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

I've got a 35 and its fine for just me on a weekend trip - It would be nice to have the extra capacity of the 45 though - they are the same footprint but the 45 is a few inches taller. I won mine at the Solaros charity auction so I didn't really have a choice as to which model. It has transformed the camping experience more than I would have thought though - they really are that good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2014, 10:02 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

I took the middle seat out of my second row in the 110 and the 45 fits perfectly. I've had mine for about 7 years. It works great. Stays in my 110 pretty much all the time. I have a 35 also which my wife keeps in her LR3. Believe it or not she's a big fan too.
Old May 31st, 2014, 10:22 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Have you looked at ARB fridges? I've heard they are nice as well.
Old May 31st, 2014, 11:58 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinhnj View Post
Hi, apologies up front. This may sound like another dead horse thread. I want to get an Engel. It will be used in the back of the 110. Hard top half of the year, soft top the other half. It will also be used in my camper.

The question is: MT45 or MT35?

I saw that EE sells the MT45 the most. I'm assuming this is the one I want. I've searched for Engel Land Rover 110 images and can't tell which model is in the back. Any images of either an MT45 or MT35 would be great.

Thanks!
Neil I have the 35- as Jack and others have said get the 45. Same footprint just taller. When I'm not camping I use it as the beer fridge in the shop. Raub decided to turn it down to super chill the beer last weekend (I keep it on the first setting #1 he turned it to #2). That setting turned a diet coke into a slushie and the beer was ice cold. I think it goes down to 8 or 10. Mine didn't have an interior lamp so I got a simple coleman cooler light for $5 that comes on when you lift the lid. That has worked great since last September.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 1st, 2014, 08:38 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I have a 60 and a 15, they both serve different purposes... Get the 40 or 45... They come in very handy, even going to the grocery store.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat