wow look out more sanctions against Russia how is that working out - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 31st, 2014, 09:27 AM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Simple geopolitics at work here. Russia has always sought to buffer itself (from the invading armies of Western Europe) with satellite states. There are no geographical barriers between Moscow and Western Europe - no speedbumps for an invading army if you will. Also, a warm water port is sure nice if you have a navy. Anyway right or wrong, Putin's moves were entirely predictable and should have suprised only those that don't read history books.
Good points Raub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2014, 09:32 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Yup, just what is wrong with America. Liberals who claim to "love everyone" who actually don't give two shi$ts about anyone but themselves, ignorance, and people who think these events are regional issues that wont have any impact on the US.

For all you world travelers, whats more scary; the fact that your country will let you rot and die in the hands of our adversaries or the fact that our adversaries know we don't have the balls to man up and rescue/retaliate?

You cant be an advocate of open borders, internationalism instead of exceptionalism, and world trade then claim isolationism when it comes to protecting American interests. Thats ignorant as hell.
Old August 31st, 2014, 09:39 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

And on the other side of the coin.. You can't expect to invade other countries and right what you seem to profess is a wrong and not expect retaliation from other countries and kidnapping of American citizens and closed borders..etcetc..is either one or the other... This half hearted shit your pussy leader is doing now ain't cutting it... Have the balls to stand up and go I to the country .. Or have the balls to stay the f out of it... Or he could just go play another round of golf..
Putins got more balls in his little finger than Obama has in his golf bag..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2014, 10:22 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Putins got more balls in his little finger than Obama has in his golf bag..
Quote of the week material!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 31st, 2014, 12:00 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Yes world police

I know I didn't state the main point in my opening but a few of you have reiterated my thought and all of us have had these thoughts -

WHY THE F*&K DOESN'T EUROPE OR NATO DO ANYTHING!!! (yes the point about shutting off the gas pipeline is a factor)

There are a lot of citizens of other nations who are angry at America for acting like a nation of war. Who else is going to do the job? Well frankly I don't want my American brothers or their sons and daughters to ever fall on foreign soil in addition to having my tax dollars pay the interest on the treasury notes that are held by China to fund another in 1st world contries that can affoard to it.

O...and isn't the Ukraine a nuclear power as well. Then stop crying about it and rattle your keys to the red buttons. or shut the help up and enjoy a seat at the new iron curtain unveiling event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Personally I like the "don't do anything" strategy....when did the USA become a global policeman? Focus on our own borders, our own issues, our own defenses against the freaking south of the border cartels!

I would love to see all troops come home - however because we are in conflicts in the middle east we can't just pull the plug - but we can NOT get involved in other shite! Unfortunately, that won't happen, because without wars you won't have a defense budget....defense suppliers will shut shops, people will be outta work......boooooooom goes the artificial economic worth of the US.

OK - rant over...too much coffee this am
Old August 31st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Ukraine disarmed in the '90's.
http://www.nti.org/country-profiles/ukraine/nuclear/
Old August 31st, 2014, 12:40 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Putin and radical Islam will continue to take Obama's lunch money till he no longer occupies the White House. It's Jimmy Carter all over again.
Old August 31st, 2014, 12:59 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Putin and radical Islam will continue to take Obama's lunch money till he no longer occupies the White House. It's Jimmy Carter all over again.
Just keep in mind radical Islam killed a lot more Americans on the last guy's watch than this one...and during Jimmy Carter's time in office for that matter.
Don't worry though, Hillary probably won't take this shit.
Old August 31st, 2014, 01:01 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Just keep in mind radical Islam killed a lot more Americans on the last guy's watch than this one...and during Jimmy Carter's time in office for that matter.
Don't worry though, Hillary probably won't take this shit.
If Hillary is the best this country can do then we are indeed in a lot of trouble.
Old August 31st, 2014, 01:29 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
If Hillary is the best this country can do then we are indeed in a lot of trouble.
The best this country has are smart enough not to want the job. So instead we get a parade of options like Hillary, Paul, Cruz...nevermind Romney, etc.
Old August 31st, 2014, 01:30 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Hillary would eat her own! But then again, "what difference does it make!"
Old August 31st, 2014, 01:38 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
The best this country has are smart enough not to want the job. So instead we get a parade of options like Hillary, Paul, Cruz...nevermind Romney, etc.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Hillary would eat her own!
Just ask Vince Foster....... Oh, wait.
Old August 31st, 2014, 02:34 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
The best this country has are smart enough not to want the job.

This is probably the most accurate statement today.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old August 31st, 2014, 03:08 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
WHY THE F*&K DOESN'T EUROPE OR NATO DO ANYTHING!!! (yes the point about shutting off the gas pipeline is a factor)
what do you suggest they do? to what end?
Old August 31st, 2014, 03:39 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
As no-one has any ideas ... Perhaps in the interim sanctions would be a start ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old August 31st, 2014, 07:07 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
What are the numbers behind this?
Jeff,
I walked away from this one. Radical Islam has killed tens of thousands since Barry surrendered in Iraq but some would like you to believe the Rivers there run with chocolate. Back to my little world where Rovers leak and occupy my day.
Old August 31st, 2014, 09:24 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Captain Hindsight is alway right.
Old August 31st, 2014, 10:04 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Send nato troops in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
That is what I would do is send NATO troops into the Ukraine. They have equipment, and forces present in europe. It is a long Suday drive get your ass in the truck and take a drive in support of a nation that is in need on your continent.
and when I refer to "your" I am referring to NATO. I a m not implying you own a truck, can sunday drive over the Atlantic and are nicknamed Sonoronos NATO

So people are bagging on Barry over "Puton a shirt" ....Come on folks he is our elected official he is not riding a horse with a rifle and shirtless and pretending to be a leader of a democratic society - come on! What is that about.

I would no more idolize Mr. P than I would a pile of _________ (the possibilities are endless)>
Old August 31st, 2014, 10:25 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
What are the numbers behind this?
Jeff-
Are you kidding? The numbers behind how many American's have been lost to radical Islam under Obama vs Bush?

Let's start with the 9/11's:

Bush's 9/11: ~2600 Americans (I'm not counting the 19 hijackers nor non-US citizens).
Obama's 9/11: 4

OIF (elective war, up till 2008): 4222
OIF (since): 578

My point being everyone rant's about responsibility and leadership, well it goes both ways. If you're in the seat when something happens-you are responsible. So 9/11, that's on Bush. His primary job is to protect American lives. He failed.

After that we proceeded to win, and then subsequently lose, the right war with the wrong tactics and people (OEF)-in particular when-ironically-we handed it over to NATO. That was a Bush decision. Amidst this we proceeded to lose, then win, and then leave the wrong war (OIF).

We can keep parsing the numbers out if you guys want. The fact that ya'll don't know these is what I was getting at when I asked who is going to be doing the fighting and the dying for the next war we go running into for the sake of being the world's policeman. Somehow I doubt it is the people talking the loudest about what the current POTUS has done, and probably are trying to distance themselves from the other last example.
r-
Ray
Old August 31st, 2014, 10:32 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
That is what I would do is send NATO troops into the Ukraine. They have equipment, and forces present in europe. It is a long Suday drive get your ass in the truck and take a drive in support of a nation that is in need on your continent.
and when I refer to "your" I am referring to NATO. I a m not implying you own a truck, can sunday drive over the Atlantic and are nicknamed Sonoronos NATO

So people are bagging on Barry over "Puton a shirt" ....Come on folks he is our elected official he is not riding a horse with a rifle and shirtless and pretending to be a leader of a democratic society - come on! What is that about.
I would no more idolize Mr. P than I would a pile of _________ (the possibilities are endless)>
Let's face it... Your so called elected official (which I dont believe was elected by the people as much as he was elected by the great electoral college).. Is a joke amongst his own people and amongst the world, America should be ashamed to call such a self serving pussy as a leader of what undoubtedly USEto be a nation to be feared..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat