Would you drive yourself around in a 4 door Rolls Royce - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 19th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Question Would you drive yourself around in a 4 door Rolls Royce

So this weekend I went down to Rusnak Pasadena again but this time I checked out the Rolls Royce/Bentley showroom. My pops asked me last month how come I don't like Rolls Royces and I told him that I'd need a driver to drive me around in it and not only that but it seems a little dowdy for me, more like a car for an older kinda guy. Then it got me thinking. Wouldn't it be funny if a guy cruises around to Hollywood in a new 4 door ghost but drives it himself? Would it be funny if everyone thinks he's a chaffeur but then get a surprise when the guy is actually just driving himself in it? I actually saw some extremely attractive lease offers on a 2012 ghost (phantom is still pretty expensive). I might actually consider getting one since I want something that really stands out in Hollywood. Whachoo guys tink?

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I think your doucheyness knows no limits.
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Ghost is meh. A couple more years and they will be around 100k used (like maybach). Phantom is where it is at.

Any roller is horrid for depreciation.

You want to stand out, get a new morgan.
Advertisement

Old March 19th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Ghost is meh. A couple more years and they will be around 100k used (like maybach). Phantom is where it is at.

Any roller is horrid for depreciation.

You want to stand out, get a new morgan.
Exactly, but thats why I'm going to lease it for 3 years than dump it. What do you guys think of the mclaren MP24 or the koenigsegg? I need to look up morgan pics. Does it stand out more than a Rolls Royce ghost?

------ Follow up post added March 19th, 2012 02:29 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I think your doucheyness knows no limits.

My middle name should be bergdouchsteindiamond.

Robert Deniro
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:31 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Yes, the morgan does.

http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/mmc/ca...aerocoupe.html
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Ok that Morgan, I don't really like the look of it. It's more suited for an older guy. But at least a new Rolls Royce looks like $$$. The front headlights on a ghost are sick. BTW how much are those morgans? Just wondering.

Robert Deniro
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:38 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Buy a Zimmer Golden Spirit.
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:11 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Un all seriousness I hope this is all a joke. Your quest to show you have money either shows you don't or proves you have the world's smallest dick and you are grasping to anything and everything that might get you a glimpse of pussy.
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Un all seriousness I hope this is all a joke. Your quest to show you have money either shows you don't or proves you have the world's smallest dick and you are grasping to anything and everything that might get you a glimpse of pussy.

But would it help me get Jewish girls? Thats all I care about.

Robert Deniro
Old March 19th, 2012, 07:29 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Three questions for Neil:
1) were you in the show "Entourage"?
2) are you Scott Disick?
3) do you also miss the days when poor people couldn't afford Defenders, like another certain board member?

If the answer is "Yes" to any one of the above questions then you should buy a Rolls (note: this only applies to new Rolls, if anyone on the board wants to buy the same year/make/model as The Sheik in Cannonball Run then that is not a problem).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old March 19th, 2012, 07:42 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

If you really want to stand out in LA, you should buy a 1976 Baby Blue Pinto and remove the muffler...

Old March 19th, 2012, 08:01 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley

But would it help me get Jewish girls? Thats all I care about.
Not sure yellow fever works in that direction.
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:03 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Holy shit, is LA really that f'd up?

You just got a brand new 911 with HRE's and now talking about a Roll's? Rent a helicopter everytime you go out or even better get a Pinto like woldd90 said if you really want to get the attention of people.

The few people I've seen with a large amount of money don't spend much on cars. But they have a few houses in various nice areas, a couple boats, a plane. They are on multiple boards and travel extensively which doesn't "show much" but can cost quite a bit.
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
cars have something to do with getting laid ?

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 19th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post

You just got a brand new 911 with HRE's and now talking about a Roll's? Rent a helicopter everytime you go out or even better get a Pinto like woldd90 said if you really want to get the attention of people.

The few people I've seen with a large amount of money don't spend much on cars. But they have a few houses in various nice areas, a couple boats, a plane. They are on multiple boards and travel extensively which doesn't "show much" but can cost quite a bit.
I've seen a lot of rolls royces and bentleys in Hollywood / Beverly Hills. Well not a WHOLE lot but quite a few. New Ghosts are very nice cars, like rolling ritz carltons with twin turbo V12's. Not as nice as the phantoms of course, (basically a top of the line BMW 7 series with rolls royce interior) but they still command a lot of attention on the street. Anyway I don't have any debt, all my income goes into buying more property, which is why leasing a ghost would work out for me since I could write it off.

Robert Deniro
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:25 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
By "income" I assume you mean "allowance", and "property" you mean "hookers".
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old March 19th, 2012, 08:28 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

go for it WTF... if you doin't like it dump it.

Me, i'd go for something wacky like a gumpet apollo.
And remeber nothing says "money" like Bugatti

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:39 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post

LA is no that fucked up. No matter where you live there are people like Neil. He is a brat with some cash who feels like getting a rise out of the board by talking about all his benjamins. I find it very entertaining and pray that no one is actually impressed. One look at his Ed Hardy collection and you will see money doesn't buy taste. Also come on Neil, you are close to 40 and all you talk about is clubbing. You are getting dangerously close to being that old creepy guy in the bars.
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:41 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
So does this mean the 911 isn't achieving the goal of pulling in the ladies?
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Bmxer06pa
Doug S
2000 disco 2

I don't think the back seat of a 991 is condusive to banging Jewish girls. I'm sure the rolls will have a much bigger back seat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
door