Would you drive yourself around in a 4 door Rolls Royce - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 20th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Hell, I'm all for having fun and enjoying a car, identifying with a particular marque, etc. but to try to buy something just so you can get noticed and be perceived as someone with money - and to futher be afraid that a particular Rolls may not garner the proper attention because you'd actually be driving it instead of being driven in it is absolutely retarded.

I rememer asking my uncle to take one the cars from his collection for a day when I was in high school to "try to pick up chicks" - he said one of the best things ever - to seek out the attention of women based purely upon the perception of wealth, means there's little else you think you can offer them.

What makes you think I want to offer them anything else other than a steak dinner and a ride to my bedroom in car they'll never be able to afford. You and you uncle are traditionally stupid because you actually want to offer them more. Ask fij, the smartest thing to do in life is to not get married, especially if you have assets. A lot of guys get rolled in life because they trust women so they sign a document that says they'll give half of what they've earned "together" when the relationship goes south. Stupid. To me, all women are stupid because they make bad decisions based on their emotions. Why do you think there are so many single moms out there or clingy women. They're all basically hookers that want some sorry sap to take care of them and spend precious time with them. This is why you want to date women that have good bodies and are pretty, because when its finally over, they got 10 guys hitting on them during the day anyway so they'll forget about you real quick and more importantly, your money. If theres only one thing you ever remember that I said, just remember everyone dies alone. Nobody holds hands with their wife of 50 years and says "ok here we go"..

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2012, 12:48 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Ah now all is clear.... Kato is getting uppity and above his station

------ Follow up post added March 20th, 2012 08:51 AM ------

whatever you do for whatever reason - enjoy it
my advise

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
What makes you think I want to offer them anything else other than a steak dinner and a ride to my bedroom in car they'll never be able to afford. You and you uncle are traditionally stupid because you actually want to offer them more. Ask fij, the smartest thing to do in life is to not get married, especially if you have assets. A lot of guys get rolled in life because they trust women so they sign a document that says they'll give half of what they've earned "together" when the relationship goes south. Stupid. To me, all women are stupid because they make bad decisions based on their emotions. Why do you think there are so many single moms out there or clingy women. They're all basically hookers that want some sorry sap to take care of them and spend precious time with them. This is why you want to date women that have good bodies and are pretty, because when its finally over, they got 10 guys hitting on them during the day anyway so they'll forget about you real quick and more importantly, your money. If theres only one thing you ever remember that I said, just remember everyone dies alone. Nobody holds hands with their wife of 50 years and says "ok here we go"..
Neil touches on some interesting and valid points, although I dont think all women are that way, part of me would agree. Based on action the whole emotional "bad decision process" demonstrates that from a certian perspective its accurate. I have seen it time and time again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Not all women are like that. Some are lesbians. If Neil grew out his locks he would make a good butch dyke. He already has the bitch tits.
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I should add that if you have no assets, then marriage is fine, be my guest, you have very little to lose in the first place other than your time, which wasn't worth much to anyone else anyway other than to your chick. And ALWAYS AVOID FAT CHICKS AT ALL COSTS!!! They will never let you go, even if you have no assets. I've seen this phenomenon happen to people online complaining about their psycho fat ex's. Also if you want kids, knock the chick up but never marry them. Pay them child support, there is nothing wrong with taking care of your own kid, and you should. And if you want them to live with you, thats ok too if you want to take care of them. Just don't marry them.

Robert Deniro
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Not all women are like that. Some are lesbians. If Neil grew out his locks he would make a good butch dyke. He already has the bitch tits.
Team up with Larry David. It is your calling....
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Arjun
Arjun
None

Quote:
LMFAO Barry! Pure gold!
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Must of been all that winstrol and deca back in the 80's

Robert Deniro
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
What a great thread.

------ Follow up post added March 20th, 2012 06:45 PM ------

Has anyone really ever met Neil?
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
What a great thread.

Yes, LOTS of useful information here .

------ Follow up post added March 20th, 2012 02:49 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
Has anyone really ever met Neil?
At least Barry, but I'm sure some of the other LA guys.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old March 20th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
This is she entertaining shit!
You guys are to damn funny.
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:03 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

get a Borgward Isabella Coupé nobody in hollywood is driving one.
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSLongLake View Post
'Round here a good number of the REALLY loaded people drive Subaru wagons...100's of millions or billions of net worth.

However there is one 80 year old dude at our club that drives himself around in a brand-new Phantom...he is a baller...
Suby wagons? Really, I'd figure mid-level Audi, Merc, LR wagons. Something nice but nothing insane. But your area must eat cars in the winter so might be why.

I think when you are 80 years old. All rules should get thrown out the window.
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:26 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
I've seen a lot of rolls royces and bentleys in Hollywood / Beverly Hills. Well not a WHOLE lot but quite a few. New Ghosts are very nice cars, like rolling ritz carltons with twin turbo V12's. Not as nice as the phantoms of course, (basically a top of the line BMW 7 series with rolls royce interior) but they still command a lot of attention on the street. Anyway I don't have any debt, all my income goes into buying more property, which is why leasing a ghost would work out for me since I could write it off.
Sounds like you are doing well and if you want to get a crazy showy car then I really shouldn't give a shit. If you can lease/write off the Morgan I'd go that way. IDK, Rolls seems like you care about the money and the Morgan seems like you care about a cool car. Run it with commercial tags so you can be all nonchalant and say it's just a company car when people ask about it.
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:31 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I say just keep driving the Porsche and throw some cash out the window every once in a while, while cruising through Hollywood - that'll get both the attention you crave/deserve(?) and show you have disposable income. You don't have to worry about shifting, so you should have plenty of free hands to accomplish this.
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:54 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
You, Sir, have come a long way since you first showed up here on the Source.
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM
DMSLongLake
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Suby wagons? Really, I'd figure mid-level Audi, Merc, LR wagons. Something nice but nothing insane. But your area must eat cars in the winter so might be why.

I think when you are 80 years old. All rules should get thrown out the window.
The road salt DESTROYS cars here...

We also have an old dude who rolls up in one of these on occasion:

http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com...21s-img_49.jpg

Current Rovers:
1994 D-90 ST #734
2006 LR3
2016 RRS

Past Rovers:
1997 Disco I
1988 Range Rover 40th Anniversary
1999 Disco II
1995 D-90 ST #2731
1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE Vitesse
2003 Range Rover HSE
2008 RRS
2013 RRS
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:59 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward

You, Sir, have come a long way since you first showed up here on the Source.
Someone needs to pull Neil's first post. It is classic.
Old March 21st, 2012, 12:05 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Not to say that people don't own nice cars in MN. There is even a business in Chanhassen called "Auto Motorplex" and it's basically a bunch of huge man-caves managed like condos. Not to mention all the aircraft hangars in the area that hold both light aircraft and random cars.

I think it's down to the road salt as DMS says and also the fact that most uber-wealthy people in MN are mostly into big families, lake homes, pontoon boats, and living half the year in the southern states. It's partly a norwegian/swedish cultural thing too. They drive cars like they eat salads - without the dressing
Old March 21st, 2012, 12:06 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Someone needs to pull Neil's first post. It is classic.
That was back when he was a scorned lover who was crying he didn't get a girl preggers before she dumped him, right?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
door