Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 22nd, 2006, 09:05 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsaD110
damn that sucks, But with the power of those cummins you really shouldnn't have to make a run like that. But I wasn't their so I wouldn't know how really bad it was. After that huge jolt you got you should check your frame, cause i've seen cummins do amazing things when towing or recovery, and it could have bent your frame

Yeah, or killed ya. Let me guess, the strap was looped over a ball hitch on the Dodge?
Advertisement

Old October 22nd, 2006, 09:07 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
Yeah, or killed ya. Let me guess, the strap was looped over a ball hitch on the Dodge?
Where's that picture of the jeep with the hole in the windsheild in front of the drivers side seat?
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:52 PM
redrover

Man I want to wheel with you! That is some funny shit! I hope you can look back and laugh. Some day you can tell that story to your kids and laugh some more. I read a story similar yours where the rescue jeep connected two straps together with a shackle. When the strap furthest away broke , the shackle flew back and removed approx. 50 percent of his head and brain. No laugh there. Good luck in school and call me next time you are headed to Moab. JP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:32 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

I know a guy in Oklahoma City who saw his friend killed the same way when the truck hit the end of a 30' strap trying to pull him out. The strap was looped over a ball hitch. The ball broke off, went through the rear of the stuck vehicle and killed him.

I didn't mean to sound harsh with my comments, I'd just hate to see anyone else try it.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 01:42 AM
sflash868
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW

No, I wasn't taking that picture, that was the passenger. I was focussing on those bastards with the lights on the roof.. As for the dodge, it was a commercial vehicle for a landscaping company so the thing had pintle hitch on the back, which I guess is better than just a ball. The pulling power of hte cumming wasn't the problem, he was sitting on dirt not pavement. Oh, don't think we didn't try it with one strap first. We tried and tried and tried so long that the dodge almost dug himself into a hole. His truck out weighed mine, he had no traction which meant i was only going to come out one way.. i must say it was amazig, on the first pull the recoil hopped the ass end of the dodge off the ground.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat