World Cup - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 13th, 2014, 05:24 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
What a horseshit game... you cannot defeat the cucaracha.

This asssholes want Brazil to win

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 13th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
What a horseshit game... you cannot defeat the cucaracha.

This asssholes want Brazil to win
Que? What?
Old June 13th, 2014, 06:18 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post

Que? What?
The cucaracha is the ref... 12 vs 11 is hard to beat.

That 3rd goal should have never happened.

Brazil is ADA referee compliant
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4889.jpg (47.9 KB, 24 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 13th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
The cucaracha is the ref... 12 vs 11 is hard to beat.

That 3rd goal should have never happened.

Brazil is ADA referee compliant
Are you talking about the Brazil game or the Dutch game?
Old June 13th, 2014, 06:26 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:

Are you talking about the Brazil game or the Dutch game?
All of them. It's been horrible.

Let's see how Chile vs Aussie goes.

Old June 13th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
All of them. It's been horrible.

Let's see how Chile vs Aussie goes.
What was wrong with the Dutch game? With the exception of the "foul" (really a slip) that resulted in the goal for Spain, what happened? The off sides calls against Holland were right. The calls against Spain were right. He carded the Dutch players that needed to be carded. He carded your keep, who needed to be carded. It was the most consistent officiating this far.

The Ivory Coast group in the Chile game right now are doing very well.
Old June 13th, 2014, 06:45 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:

What was wrong with the Dutch game? With the exception of the "foul" (really a slip) that resulted in the goal for Spain, what happened? The off sides calls against Holland were right. The calls against Spain were right. He carded the Dutch players that needed to be carded. He carded your keep, who needed to be carded. It was the most consistent officiating this far.

The Ivory Coast group in the Chile game right now are doing very well.
Now that I'm less pissed... I can see how Iker fucked it up.

The one for Spain was not a penalty.

The 3rd goal was a foul to the keeper. Inside the small box no one can touch him.

Old June 13th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry

------ Follow up post added June 13th, 2014 06:56 PM ------

JUST JOKING!
Old June 13th, 2014, 07:06 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymow View Post

------ follow up post added june 13th, 2014 06:56 pm ------

just joking!
lmao
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140613_190550.png
Views:	37
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	96723  

Old June 13th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Now that I'm less pissed... I can see how Iker fucked it up.

The one for Spain was not a penalty.

The 3rd goal was a foul to the keeper. Inside the small box no one can touch him.
Cannot touch the keeper? If he comes out to challenge, he is open just like everyone else is. The keeper has become a protected species for no good reason. There are legitimate challenges and then there are ones that are fair. Casillas came off his line and went for the ball. It was never in his hands, and if you look, it was never going to be there. He was way off. I, having been a player, coach, trainer, and ref, saw none. The last thing we need is for keepers to become place kickers. Breath on them and you get a card. If that was a foul, there should have been two earlier against Spain when the keep challenged off his line and that led to a collision.

You really need to be pissed at your keeper. He demonstrated exactly the reason why he rides the pine with Chelsea. He saw little playing time for exactly the reasons demonstrated today.
Old June 13th, 2014, 07:22 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:

Cannot touch the keeper? If he comes out to challenge, he is open just like everyone else is. The keeper has become a protected species for no good reason. There are legitimate challenges and then there are ones that are fair. Casillas came off his line and went for the ball. It was never in his hands, and if you look was never going to be there. He was way off. I, having been a player, coach, trainer, and ref, saw none. The last thing we need is for keepers to become place kickers. Breath on them and you get a card. If that was a foul, there should have been two earlier against Spain when the keep challenged off his line and that led to a collision.

You really need to be pissed at your keeper. He demonstrated exactly the reason why he rides the pine with Chelsea. He saw little playing time for exactly the reasons demonstrated today.
I agree with him being out of the line. But he cannot be touched in the small box. That rule has been in place for ever.

Regardless... La Madre Patria played poorly and as much I'd hate to say, Iker is not fit to be the keeper.

Mourinho destroyed his career... The #1 keeper in the world.

Old June 13th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
I agree with him being out of the line. But he cannot be touched in the small box. That rule has been in place for ever.

Mourinho destroyed his career... The #1 keeper in the world.
That is not a rule. Nowhere does it say that you cannot challenge the keeper. A keepers safety is a consideration considering what they do but that is up to the officials interpretation. He came off his line and was so FAR off the ball he seemed to hope that his mistake would be covered by the refs whistle. If he was fingertips within possession, I would agree on the foul. Just because he left the ground does not make him immune to challenge. He is treated just like the other players on the field. I always taught my players to challenge.

As much as I hate that excuse making bastard, Mourinho had it right to bench him. That was terrible play from him all game long.
Old June 13th, 2014, 07:36 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post

Spain? I thought you were Puerto Rican, or Mexican, or what ever the hell Gustavo is.

-Jeff
My family is in Spain. I was raised in PR.

Gustavo is similar... Italy, raised in Argentina

Old June 13th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:

Spain? I thought you were Puerto Rican, or Mexican, or what ever the hell Gustavo is.

-Jeff
Christ...here we go, another debate on if Pedro is illegal since he is from PR. Damnit Jeff, they are the people that want all the good trappings of a state without the downsides!

Goose is a while different ball game.
Old June 13th, 2014, 07:38 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post

Christ...here we go, another debate on if Pedro is illegal since he is from PR. Damnit Jeff, they are the people that want all the good trappings of a state without the downsides!

Goose is a while different ball game.
I came here First Class...

Old June 13th, 2014, 08:03 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:

That is not a rule. Nowhere does it say that you cannot challenge the keeper. A keepers safety is a consideration considering what they do but that is up to the officials interpretation. He came off his line and was so FAR off the ball he seemed to hope that his mistake would be covered by the refs whistle. If he was fingertips within possession, I would agree on the foul. Just because he left the ground does not make him immune to challenge. He is treated just like the other players on the field. I always taught my players to challenge.

As much as I hate that excuse making bastard, Mourinho had it right to bench him. That was terrible play from him all game long.

You can touch the goalkeeper, but you can't impede the goalkeeper to move in the 6-yard-box. I'm not the only one that says it was a foul.

Mourinho benched him for no reason... the excuse was the broken hand in the Copa del Rey against Valencia. Something happenend with Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Mourinho... then the girlfriend opened her mouth and said that they went to see Florentino.

Regardless... he's done.

Old June 13th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
You can touch the goalkeeper, but you can't impede the goalkeeper to move in the 6-yard-box. I'm not the only one that says it was a foul.

Mourinho benched him for no reason... the excuse was the broken hand in the Copa del Rey against Valencia. Something happenend with Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Mourinho... then the girlfriend opened her mouth and said that they went to see Florentino.

Regardless... he's done.
I saw no impeding but thats just me, and not because I am a Netherlands fan. We would have won with or without that goal. As a ref, I would not have called it a foul either as the keep came out, off his line, and mounted a challenge WELL in front of where the ball was actually going.

I hate Mourinho. I used to like Chelsea but with him, not at all. Like him sitting players for complaining about his refusing to allow counter attacks. He sat his best players and ended up losing the next few games because of it. As if to make a point. He is a fool.
Old June 13th, 2014, 08:23 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:

I saw no impeding but thats just me, and not because I am a Netherlands fan. We would have won with or without that goal. As a ref, I would not have called it a foul either as the keep came out, off his line, and mounted a challenge WELL in front of where the ball was actually going.

I hate Mourinho. I used to like Chelsea but with him, not at all. Like him sitting players for complaining about his refusing to allow counter attacks. He sat his best players and ended up losing the next few games because of it. As if to make a point. He is a fool.
El Atletico showed him exactly that.

Chile's game was a good one.

Sorry Jonesy

Old June 13th, 2014, 08:37 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:

WTF, Jonesy isnt Chilean, he's a Kiwi!

-Jeff
Instigator

Old June 13th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
I thought Jonesy was Peurto Rican?

He sure has a funny accent...

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat