Wilmington NC Sighting - two in about three miles - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 1st, 2009, 08:03 AM
flounder
Chad Hamon
95 Black ST

Wilmington NC Sighting - two in about three miles

Anybody knows who owns a black defender in Wilmington? I was down there near Wrightsville Beach and saw two Black ST in about a three mile span. The first one was turning onto Military cutoff and had a personalized tag, the second one was on the main drag to Wrightsville. Both were Black which I thought was odd since I have only seen black a handfull of times in the wild. Pretty cool, anybody on here? Black is the next one going to be added to the stable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2009, 08:32 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Ive been seeing them down there for years. One of the first ones I ever saw was a Black ST down at Wrightsville, I see it from time to time and the ocean environment takes it toll. Ive been seeing a red ST around Raleigh is that you?
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:24 AM
flounder
Chad Hamon
95 Black ST

I've got a White SW with Roofrack, ARB, and limb risers. Lately I've been seeing a Black ST with at least 20" wheels, there was a Blue ST at a house on Glenwood this past week, and I saw a Green SW a couple time last week. Haven't seen the Red ST. What are you in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2009, 10:21 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
A green SW, with the mudflaps and no spare tire. A fellow on here just picked up an Arles ST. How long have you had your SW. There was one for sale back in the fall, I think it had the stock winch bumper and mantec sliders.
Old March 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM
flounder
Chad Hamon
95 Black ST

It must have been you I saw. I bought my SW back in August but I got it out of SC. I remember the White SW for sale, I think over by Whole Foods. I bet the Blue ST was that guy, I hadn't seen it before then saw it twice at the guys house and he was out checking out the motor one time. Any idea who the guy with the Black ST is with the big wheels?

We all need to get together for a beer sometime
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:36 AM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
It's been a few years since I lived in Wilmington, but when I was there the gentleman who owned Neptunes, on Wrightsville Beach, drove a Black '95 D-90 Soft top. Can't recall his name right now though?

Will H.
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:50 AM
Buyrovers
Chuck Leimone
1984 Land Rover 110 Soft Top

I have been driving my green SW to work for the past two weeks while my d2 is getting the motor built. Up and down glenwood from Durham to Raleigh every day... Starting to suck pretty bad.

C-
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:18 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Would be good to have a Raleigh D-90 source pint night.

Buyrovers do you have the SD rack on yours, if so I think I saw you the other day. My 90 is parked needs some swivel work, Im on the RRC Hunter with the squeeling belts.
Old March 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
I've met the guy with the D90 on dubs. His name escapes me at the moment, but a cool dude none the less, from Cali if I recall.
Old March 1st, 2009, 01:02 PM
Buyrovers
Chuck Leimone
1984 Land Rover 110 Soft Top

No rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
Would be good to have a Raleigh D-90 source pint night.

Buyrovers do you have the SD rack on yours, if so I think I saw you the other day. My 90 is parked needs some swivel work, Im on the RRC Hunter with the squeeling belts.
Old March 1st, 2009, 01:45 PM
btate
Bryan Tate
d90

The Wrightsville beach one was probably Bernard Carroll. Softop no windows.... Pirate sticker. (owns Neptunes)
Hestom Lamar has a black 97, one other is newer to town, has rhino type lining on the trailer hitchand is waiting for a tan badger top. There is one that has been lowered or at least with the 20s it looks lowered. Has a T on the grill. There is another that is usually over toward the Forest Hills area.
There are several green ones, several red ones, several white ones that you will see out and about....especially when it gets warm

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting