Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 11th, 2011, 06:10 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Who is Defender90ForSale.com ?

Looks like we have a new member today, grich876, who has developed www.Defender90ForSale.com and a twitter page.

Site looks pretty good, but About Us is not yet developed, so was just curious.

The site appears to feature vehicles and parts for sale as selected from various postings on the Internet. At least one of Doc Aaron's trucks is on there, and some other board member's trucks (including one I brought up yesterday...the white one from LRW).

Anyway, he's only posted in the For Sale sections so far, so I didn't want to take those off track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2011, 06:27 PM
grnrvrs
Paul

www.whois.com => whois lookup

Yeah, looks nice.
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:35 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
Pretty good looking website. I'm starting to really like Black tops and Black bonnets on Defenders. Joshua how do you find all this stuff. I know who I'm gonna turn to when I need some Defender research. You have earned your title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Its cool. Wonder why he set it up
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:49 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

I almost bought that arles blue sw at the top of the page. It was for sale awhile ago.
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin View Post
I almost bought that arles blue sw at the top of the page. It was for sale awhile ago.
Why didn't you? Was it the seats? Those would look good in Josh's ride.
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:00 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
HA. Jerk. I almost went over there and spit on those seats just for good measure.

------ Follow up post added January 11th, 2011 07:12 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf
Its cool. Wonder why he set it up
Precisely where I was going with this. He'll probably chime in, but was wondering it's motives/objectives; a one-stop shop for Defenders and Defender stuff? It's clearly not that yet, and seems to be a pick-and-choose type of Defender content currently. It's called Defender90, but has 110's for sale as well, etc.

Was just curious.

------ Follow up post added January 11th, 2011 07:15 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilder View Post
Why didn't you? Was it the seats? Those would look good in Josh's ride.
Woops, thought you were talking about that Blue ST that has been on eBay with the zebra-print seats.
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:18 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
Who would put those things in a 90? I wonder the motive as well. I'll assume it's innocent until proven otherwise.
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:09 PM
SeattleRRC
Woody
1990 RRC SWB, 1994 D90 ST

Cool site - good find Josh
Old January 12th, 2011, 02:11 AM
d90dang
Matthew
1997 D-90

that arles blue defender they use on the banner was mine
it now resides in washington state
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0162.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	34713  
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Lindy
Eric Lindstrom
1994 d-90 #1444

I wonder why they claim the green 110 is as 1993 NAS 110?
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:59 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
It looks like he (or a software) searches the web and posts all the Defender that are on sale.

Kudos for him.. also is keeping up with the latest pricing.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=28862

http://www.defender90forsale.com/def...north-car.html
Old January 12th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
its a popular topic, and Bring a Trailer has already been done. He's just trying to make an easy buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
was wondering it's motives/objectives; a one-stop shop for Defenders and Defender stuff?
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:57 AM
grich876
Rich
-

Hey everyone. So I'll try to answer all of your questions at once here and I apologize for not introducing myself when I joined the forum. This place is incredible!

I just started the site over the Holidays. I am absolutely obsessed with Bring A Trailer so I thought why couldn't this work for the D-90? This was definitely my inspiration so, guilty as charged.

So here are my motives:

I wanted to create a place for those who are passively shopping, actively shopping or those who just like to look obsessively. There are no forums that update daily with great posts/pictures from all over the web.

For those interested in the D-90 but not educated like folks here on this forum, where do you get started? I was hoping that the site could be a good starting point when users Google “Defender 90 For Sale”. I’d like to eventually add some more info about importing, info about different years, etc. There are some great sites out there with that info.

As for having a Defender 110 for sale on the site... testing the waters with that one.

As for what makes it on the site, I hand pick most of the stuff from scanning the web manually. I was hoping that maybe after a while it would become more of a push process where people send in their vehicles for sale. If they weren't over priced or misrepresented, I'd post them. I’d love to mark postings as “sold” but it’s tough to keep track and very time consuming.

As for trying to make a buck: I'm not charging to post a vehicle, resources or parts yet. Hosting of the site and my time are out of pocket. If this takes off, I wouldn’t object to putting a little advertising on the site or charging dealers a few bucks to post their vehicles. Ultimately, I just want to create a great site that helps keep D-90s out on the road and in the view of the public. From a personal perspective, I’ve worked in digital marketing for financial services and other companies most of my career. Cars are my first love and this is one of my first steps in that direction.

A by-product would be to have a nice library documenting D-90s searchable by VIN. Might be cool to look back in a few years to see when a vehicle has changed hands and what it looked like at that time.

Matthew- that arles blue defender photo is one of my favs. Hope that was cool to put that on the site! I’m sure I’ll be rotating the header image regularly.

With all that said, I hope you all enjoy the site. I’d greatly appreciate any feedback on the site, feedback on the vehicles posted (errors especially), if you want your site linked - let me know! I’m a big believer in helping to promote others so I’m glad to do that if I can. Send me a message here or at info@defender90forsale.com if you have any other questions. Sorry for the long message but I think you guys just helped me write part of the About Us section!

-Rich

------ Follow up post added January 12th, 2011 11:01 AM ------

Those Zebra seat covers cracked me up - why didn't they take those off before they took pictures?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:24 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Thanks Rich! I was all sorts of confused because there were members' trucks all over the site, plus eBay listings, craigslit listings, etc. It wouldn't have been far-fetched to believe that with such a great domain name that those on the board/elsewhere had seen your site either when researching prices or just seeing what's out there, and contacted you to post their truck up for them...but the ad text content was so limited, that I figured it was probably the admin (you) finding and posting the trucks yourself. Saw that you joined landroversonly just the other day, too...so figured you were joining some of the forums to be able to open and save some of the forum pics, etc., so just wanted to see what direction the site was going in...but without and "About Us" I was just left to speculate. I would complain that as of right now there are no black trucks on your site, which is a little disappointing, but otherwise looks great!

I saw that you also had an old 2002...looked awesome, btw!

Looks like you've set up some nice resources like the twitter page and Facebook page in addition to the site, so you're on the right track.

Oh, and post pics of your Defender! Sorry to make you "out" yourself, but this was probably as good a place as any other.
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM
grich876
Rich
-

No problem and I'm glad to provide why I set the site up. I do however feel silly because I do not currently own a D-90 but I am shopping for something fairly entry level in need of some work and that I don't feel guilty about getting muddy (I should change my profile). I'll post pictures as soon as something lands in my garage.

Old January 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by grich876 View Post
I am shopping for something fairly entry level in need of some work
Depends on what you count as entry level. I would say I could help you find something, but it looks like you're not afraid to do some of your own searching.
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:54 PM
d90dang
Matthew
1997 D-90

no harm done on my part i feel honored that my former defender is being recognized
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Some nice trucks up there today. The white one in Morristown someone texted me the info the other day with pics, and is at a gas station up the street from my gf's parents' house if someone wants me to check it out for them. The price is high IMO though for a 1994 white ST.

Rich, that blue '94 or the yellow one (if the yellow one is legitimate is an amazing price for those miles if the condition is good) should be current prospects for you, no?

------ Follow up post added January 14th, 2011 01:42 PM ------

Edit. Looks like I didn't look at the yellow one closely enough. I thought it said 10k miles, but is shows 10,2585 so really 100k.
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:11 PM
grich876
Rich
-

Thanks for catching that error. Just moved the comma. That blue one is very tempting! I'd love to have a 5 speed - would need to convert it back. Price is right though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, defender90