Who are you?! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 11th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Who are you?!

OK I just got back from New Bern NC, while I was out walking the streets checking out the town Saturday night I saw this 90 parked on the road (I swear I have D-90 radar!), I left a sticky note on the windshield (I had to walk a few blocks back to a store to get the sticky note) and wrote who I was and left a link to the site and my e-mail address. I thought for sure someone would have at least called the cops if they saw me snooping around their 90 at 9 pm, but not a peep. I also asked some people walking their dogs if they knew, but they only said they see it parked around the neighbor hood. Does anyone here know who this 95 belongs too? I was told there is also a black 90 and a British Racing green 90 in the area, but my sources may have thought a 90 was a Series Rover.

PS everyone in New Bern seemed very friendly, but I was advised where not to walk. I also think I may have got one of the guys I was working with down there hooked on Rovers, Sunday we were surfing e-bay looking for good deals . Watch out I'm contagious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2005, 04:27 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

And why were you not carrying D-90 Source stickers for just such occasion? Shame on you. I will bring you a bundle at Rausch along with your lights.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 11th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

LOL wow I forgot about the lights! And I need more stickers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

:::Perk::::

Stickers? Dammit, I forgot..... I have none as well, and there's a 109 around the corner that just appeared recently

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old April 11th, 2005, 04:45 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

haha.. so did I until this weekend. I had stopped by the house this weekend dropping the winter drop curtain off in the shed, and saw them in the box I had set aside for you right before I moved out. I will be hitting the house again this coming weekend to grab some camping stuff for Rausch and will grab them.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:25 PM
RoverChic
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
And why were you not carrying D-90 Source stickers for just such occasion? Shame on you. I will bring you a bundle at Rausch along with your lights.
Hell ya.. I always come prepared. Right Snuffer?? I am like the little D-90 Fairy blessing Rovers at night with the 90 sticker!
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverChic
Hell ya.. I always come prepared. Right Snuffer?? I am like the little D-90 Fairy blessing Rovers at night with the 90 sticker!
But do you have Rover Radar? I have the uncanny ability to find Defenders within a 1 mile radius of myself, most of the time I am not even looking.
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
But do you have Rover Radar? I have the uncanny ability to find Defenders within a 1 mile radius of myself, most of the time I am not even looking.
Same here. When in NH a couple weeks ago on two separate occasions I took a wrong turn and ended up looking at a D-90. One was a blue '94 in the airport parking garage. It was equipped almost exactly like mine. Same brushbar, winch, diamond plate, etc. Another was a yellow D-90 parked on the street somewhere near Concord or Manchester I believe. I find them when not even looking too.
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:36 AM
RoverChic
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
Nope sure don't I guess. Waiting for Norros to say it's b/c I have only owned Disco's and RR's....
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverChic
Nope sure don't I guess. Waiting for Norros to say it's b/c I have only owned Disco's and RR's....
No, I know Disco owners who have it. It's like those people who can find water with a stick, except without the stick and Rovers not water
Old April 12th, 2005, 11:27 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

i had no problem spotting D90's saturday,i went to the UK for 4days and saturday morning i drove to my friens house at 8.30 am and i passed at leased 20 on the 8ml run.
S@#t i should of went the weekend before it was sodbury sortout and i was only 5mls from there
Old April 14th, 2005, 03:22 AM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy salmon
S@#t i should of went the weekend before it was sodbury sortout and i was only 5mls from there
Ah Sodbury sort out. More landrovers and parts than you can shake a stick at. I'd sold all my rubbish last year so I was only buying this time round. A splendid day out. (Although the wife doesn't think so!)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat