Where is the values trending for nas 90's - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 24th, 2013, 05:23 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
I keep an eye out for older 110's here in OZ and I've seen some very nice 85 and 86's for sale around 3K. Like Barry said they are just a used car here. I personally agree with Barry, NAS ST will always hold their value. I would also tend to think the SW will as well. What I don't see happening is them increasing in value anytime soon. In terms of getting Defenders back in the US I think its going to be 5-7 years if even then.
1997 D-90 #1867 (sold) :(
2012 Black 110 :) In OZ still
2011 LR4 "Metropolis" (sold) :(
2011 Raptor F150 SVT (sold) :(
2007 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2007 LR3 (sold)
2006 RRS (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2013, 06:15 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
What has surprised me the most is that the imports are not dragging down the value of NAS trucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post

As for values it is apples and oranges. Imports don't have the collectibility of nas trucks. As for when we can import trucks from the 90s don't forget they will be newer but still 25 years old. People don't take care of them out of the USA like we do. Everywhere else they are just used cars being imported. The nas trucks will always be for the most part in better condition and more coveted because of the limited numbers. Obviously I only think of the soft tops with the above statement.
I actually think the NAS rigs (like Barry said the ST versions) will go up (or at least I hope they do, haha) as more imports come in. This is just from watching the car collector shows, reading the auction section in Automobile from time to time and yeah, it's mostly just an UNeducated guess.

My thinking is you can't build a NAS ST truck easily and there were only a certain number made. On top of that some guys heavily modified them and some burnt up or got totaled over the years so there are a little less. Stockers and ones slightly modified (small lift, 285's, bumper, lights) I think will hold or go up. In my area NAS 90's are used as weekend cars and brought out just in the good weather. My guess is most of those type of owners aren't going to want to deal with RHD or a diesel or a ton of rust and on top of that want roof-less capabilities.

Plus I heard on CNBC the other day that collector cars have climbed up in value (especially Ferrari). I know it is apples to oranges but guys that don't have the coin for some of those more expensive cars now can make a statement and have fun for pretty cheap ($25-35k).
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:19 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
imports just make the genuine NAS more attractive and increase the audience of people aspiring to own one. I would have said there has been quite a bit more activity on the board lately with people looking ...

In the future the rarest models will command the most money ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2013, 06:31 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
imports just make the genuine NAS more attractive and increase the audience of people aspiring to own one. I would have said there has been quite a bit more activity on the board lately with people looking ...

Agree - and helps my point (I think) - now that you mentioned it there has been more people looking on the board and some higher than normal d-90.com figures going around too for the ones they are looking at.
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:33 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
Haha, I see what you did there.
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:35 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
Haha, I see what you did there.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:43 PM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul K View Post

Bottom line, when you can buy a clean imported relatively rust free 300Tdi SW or 50th anniversary model, you'll see a change in NAS prices.

!
From what I have seen there was only 686ish LHD 50'th Anniversary trucks, and some of those have already made it here via Dubai and Japan so there are not enough out there to change the market when that time comes, if you can find them. Having a NAS that is stock will many times be what the purist or collector is looking for and will pay accordingly, pretty much any imported truck can be built with any modification done to it without affecting its collectability value.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, nas