Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 8th, 2009, 01:56 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Where are all these new doors and tailgates coming from?

In case you were wondering why RN has a bunch of doors, tailgates, and other NTO parts for sale right now - you should check out this:

http://www.mdt-armor.com/catalogue/david.shtml

This company is converting a bunch of defenders into Armored cars for the Israelis and you can see from the pix that you have to take a lot of stuff off of a 110 hard top to turn it into an armored car.

The company itself is apparently experimenting with dumping things on ebay for cheap. This is them:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/imsgp4au/

Bottom line is that some of these parts will be floating around the US market for quite some time. Definitely don't pay RN prices for the stuff - there's already sellers out there who have the stuff for half of what they are asking. If you're willing to wait awhile, you'll probably see some good deals as people get tired of sitting on inventory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2009, 02:25 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

I contacted these guys 2 years ago to try and buy Def. take off parts from them, they were not interested. I guess they have changed their mind now.
Old February 8th, 2009, 05:04 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

yeah i read a small article about them in one of the rover mags a few years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2009, 06:29 PM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
If they start as 110 2 doors I wonder what they do with all the tubs.

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

Old February 8th, 2009, 06:35 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I think they actually use the tubs

Old February 8th, 2009, 06:39 PM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I think they actually use the tubs
It must be buried under all that plating. That is to bad I could use a tub at some point down the road.

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

Old February 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

I bought a set of Wolf wheels last year from a company in AL that bought numerous sets from MDT. I paid $100 for a set of five. Rovers Down South is selling the wheels and tires from these trucks for $1k.
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:41 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Well, basically, 1k is a pretty good deal for a complete set of 5 wheels and tires, it just depends on whether the market is flooded with supply or not. I'll be really curious to see if vendors hold on to the parts or just start letting them go super-cheap.

Old February 8th, 2009, 10:22 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Well, basically, 1k is a pretty good deal for a complete set of 5 wheels and tires, it just depends on whether the market is flooded with supply or not. I'll be really curious to see if vendors hold on to the parts or just start letting them go super-cheap.
or buy up all the supply like de beer's and control price that way, let's hope for the consumers they can't pull that off though
Old February 8th, 2009, 10:33 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

We buy from those guys, but they don't have much left. I went to place another order for new style rear doors last week and got the word that nothing is left. Only 1 set of doors that is spoken for until the end of the month (I get them if the guy doesn't come through). They had a big order ot trucks to fill and they filled it, and now the economy sucks, so it "was" a good source, but currently isn't a source at all. I hope they get more contracts as it was a good source. So supply and demand will quickly swing back to stupidly costly doors.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
door, tailgate