When to consider a purchase from a member fraudulent? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 13th, 2011, 08:38 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Buck,
"and it may be a good idea for chris to set up a purchase dispute section for the fireworks!" I think that is an excellent idea.
Also isn't Bottorf'd on the LRR forum.
Clay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 13th, 2011, 11:15 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Bottorf is on lrrforums, Dweb, LRO and ebay.

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old March 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM
DNinety
JP
1984 Ninety 200TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
Ok. going to bring this one up again. Anybody know about Larry Burns? Sent him funds for a hood last year haven't seen it yet nor heard from him in a couple of months when he suggested that he would refund my money.

Chris wrote that he would make me whole but that hasn't happened.

Wondering what is up with folks on the forum. I admit I am a slow as sh*t on shipping stuff but I believe I have always come through.

Anyone else seem to have problems or is it just me! (Maybe I am the assh^le or just an assh**le in general) but...
I have purchased from Larry, no trouble on my end. I've picked up my goodies from his house in South Carolina and have his cell phone #. I'm sure (i hope) your issues are just a misunderstanding. He seemed like a solid dude when I met him, but I could see he might let something slip his mind for a bit. PM me if you need any more info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2011, 11:25 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I recently paid Horsey for advice on installing brakes but it took him 8 months to make good.
Old March 18th, 2011, 06:00 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Barry,
That is the problem on paying Horsey up front. 10% down and remainder on deliver.

------ Follow up post added March 18th, 2011 06:09 PM ------

Chris and Larry,
If you are reading this post, it is not to bash you, your character or your future dealings. You may just say screw it on our transaction since you may consider this post as damanging and that the damage is already done. I hope that is not the case as you can see that the comments above are positive regarding prior forum dealings. I just want a reply, any reply on your intentions. If you are having a tough time economically let me know. I was recently laid off for over a year and have been there.
Clay
Old August 8th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Clay has this been solve?

I see the seller selling again

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32404
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:43 PM
dimcon
Chris Goldie
94 D90

I just saw this post today. I'm not going to try and defend myself or make any excuses. I made a mistake, what happened, happened. I am working to square up with Clay and by no means did I intend to screw him.
I've been screwed in the past, not here, but I know how it feels and how rotten it is. I probably do deserve some hazing and thats fine, I'll take it on the chin and keep getting it. If anyone here feels that they can't trust me, I understand that. I would like to remain a part of this community as I share an interest in rovers and enjoy the things I have learned and will learn in the future. I could have easily said to hell with it and not come back, but that's not the right thing to do. So as embarrassed as I am, I'll stand up and publicly apologize to Clay and say that we will be squared up.
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:08 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Ive had excellent luck buying parts from members on this site. I guess it has been a lot of luck involved with it over the years. Its a small community with a lot of good people.
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Chris,

I am not sure Manning up will clear the air.

Here we have bought items on word of honor, I have been sent parts and the answer was " I've mailed them today, send me a check when you get them" or " sure I give it to XYZ to take to you, and send me a paypal when you have a chance "

That is something a community like this embraces.

Certainly I am no one to tell you how to proceed or what to do , but keeping my mouth shut ain't my style

Since you are saying over an over that you are making it right? are you going to send paypal to Clay every time a part of yours it's sold? or sell some of your items people want to buy but your answer is " No, I am not selling that , I am keeping it for the project "

Don't know man... but answers like that do not show good intent when you owe someone money.

If by any act of G, I were to owe someone money for something I did not ship, I will sell my truck for that amount so I do not take advantage of that person, but then again.. that is me.

Just my opinion whether or not you give a shit

GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimcon View Post
I just saw this post today. I'm not going to try and defend myself or make any excuses. I made a mistake, what happened, happened. I am working to square up with Clay and by no means did I intend to screw him.
I've been screwed in the past, not here, but I know how it feels and how rotten it is. I probably do deserve some hazing and thats fine, I'll take it on the chin and keep getting it. If anyone here feels that they can't trust me, I understand that. I would like to remain a part of this community as I share an interest in rovers and enjoy the things I have learned and will learn in the future. I could have easily said to hell with it and not come back, but that's not the right thing to do. So as embarrassed as I am, I'll stand up and publicly apologize to Clay and say that we will be squared up.
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM
dimcon
Chris Goldie
94 D90

Not sure I get what you are saying. Maybe I wasn't clear enough on my sale post but everytime a part sells the money will go to Clay. As it did last night. Sold a part last week gave enough time to make sure it got there and sent him some money. Next thing that sells same deal. And I get what you are saying about what this community embraces and I'm fine with that, I have meet only one person from this board face to face and really have very limited interaction with anybody else. Actually if I recall you bought an A/C system from me a few years back and there wasn't a problem. This was an isolated incident.
Not really sure what else I can say in regards to this, but I repeat myself, if no one feels they can trust me and wants nothing to do with me, then those are the consequences of my actions. Life will continue.
Old August 10th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Yeap, I did buy the AC with no issues and was very surprised when I've heard the situation, and that is why I did not trash you, without you been able to explain what steps were taken.

Glad to hear about the actions taken

GL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat