When a Rover is homeless - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 25th, 2010, 12:44 PM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

When a Rover is homeless

Never thought I'd miss it...Kinda sad to see that Henry is homeless.

http://www.redmountainrovers.com/web...-Range%20Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
And believe me I didn't want to sell but priorities change in life and decisions have to be made.

I had that truck running like a top when I sold it. A few more things and it would have been in excellent running shape. I really miss it now too.
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:32 PM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

Galen,

When I read that you were looking to move it on the other site I was doing everything possible to not call you. When I did discuss it with my wife and the kids screamed YES! GET HENRY BACK! I saw that you posted SOLD and of course I was sad, but happy someone else wanted a chance. It's crazy what kinds of emotions/range of emotions Rovers can give you.

It's a good thing I guess. Someone else will get a chance at ownership. I was only @ the site to see if anyone purchased the white 95 yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2010, 01:49 PM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
Lol, I keep thinking of calling RMR and saying I want it back. But as you can imagine the price is a bit higher than I sold it for.

After grad school ends next Fall semester and things have settled down from our first baby due in March then maybe I'll go looking another one. This time it will be an LWB though.

The sad part is I sold the Rover b/c wanted less time working on cars and two Land Rovers are time hogs. We bought a VW Passat wagon and for the time I am putting into it wish the RRC was still here b/c I haven't saved any time working on cars.
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:14 PM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

And it is way higher that what I sold it for, but still far less that what I bought it for so I guess in the world of Statistics that means something.

Congrats on the 1st baby due in March.

I've taken the family on several 05/06 Cayenne Turbo discussion test drives & two near final decisions on the 05/G500 and the feelings just aren't there. I've even contemplated going back to another MKIII. Again, no vehicle "toys" with my emotions anymore like the Classic did (I blame it all on MS).

My sad part is that I wanted Henry gone so I wouldn't have to suffer each day looking at it sit in the garage, as I sat home each day resting and living w/MS. Now, I'd much rather open the door to the garage and see it sitting instead of finding/stalking it over the internet.

I guess I'll have to aggressively up my search for a mint (as good as or better condition as Henry) white 95 SWB. I think we'll both land in the seat of another classic on or about the same time. Stay tuned.

I noticed how the Land Rover Classic badge that used to be on Henry (lower tailgate) has been removed, ya think it was place on the white 95 thats pending a sale?
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:43 PM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
Nope. It is hanging on the wall of my desk cubicle. When I washed the truck for sale it looked loose so I popped it off. I keep it as a reminder of Henry.
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:04 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quite the markup. I know Galen did a lot of work (I was at MAR when the CVs were busted and I think it got an Lt230 conversion), but it sold for $1500 originally, right?

Ron
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
$1600. I probably broke even after the work I did.

One of the cleanest RRC's I have ever seen on the East Coast.

This was my last view of the truck at MAR this past year.

http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/u...0-3-09_139.jpg
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:21 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

It was in really nice condition.
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

Ok, the two of you aren't making this any easier
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:37 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

"One of the cleanest RRC's I have ever seen on the East Coast"

Not so clean in that picture! I remeber seeing that truck at MAR, very nice.
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:00 PM
94Rover
KCB
NONE

When Galen drove away with it in tow, I think my entire neighborhood spent the evening in "Range Rover" mourning. Two neighbors came outside to pay their respects both during the time Galen was prepping the truck for the road trip and after he departed. Many neighbors peeked out of their windows sorrowful during the final transaction. It was so very painful. I knew I was going to have a MS relapse/exacerbation...I felt the onset during the time away from the pre-sale on Saturday while Galen and his wife were in Wal-Mart and my brother and I were in Panera Bread. My brother kept asking me "are you sure about this"...This will be the second Range Rover you are "giving away"

After a minor set back (alternator belt) on Saturday Galen had to return home. Saturday night with the truck still in my garage was so very difficult emotionally. A call to Galen on Sunday to come get it ASAP was out of emotion and despair. I didn't have the heart to tell Galen that I was backing out of the deal and it wasn't good for my health to make that kinda call, especially after meeting him Saturday and spending most of the day with he and his wife.

I spent three days in the hospital at the end of August 08 over this transaction, believe it or not (very painful MS relapse-stress related). My family suggested I move on because keeping the truck wasn't the best thing for me due to my health and allowing it to sit in the garage was just a reminder of my defeat. I had the money to keep it, however I grew frustrated with maintaining it.

I typed all of this just to mention, HELL YEAH, It was (and as far as I am concerned will always be) one clean 94 RR CLASSIC!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat