Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:31 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Wheeler Dealers Disco

Looks like the goofy Wheeler Dealers guys will be turning a ratty Disco 1 into an expedition vehicle next week on Velocity channel next week. Should be good.
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2012, 08:13 AM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

I like that show - used to do that sort of thing myself to make some extra cash - buy something a little needy and fix it up and sell it for a profit. Edd is a pretty good wrench but sometimes he cuts a corner or two in ways that drive me nuts (like reinstalling the radiator shroud on the new radiator for the TVR with the old very rusty bolts) but overall the show is pretty good. They did a pretty nice job on that D-90 they fixed up so I'm looking forward to the Discovery show.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Ha! The bolt thing on the TVR drove me nuts too.
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Just finished watching this episode. They wanted to make an "expedition" vehicle, but only succeeded in making a mall crawler. A front skid plate, but no winch bumper - they left the stock bumper and added a light bar, with the lights running off the hi-beam signal. They added an ugly roof rack and tail lamp guards, and a snorkel too.

On the bright side they used a Tdi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
That show is amusing, but I particularly like when they add up their costs and subtract the sale price and arrive at "profit" without factoring any man-hour costs!

Unless Edd is working for free, those projects are all upside down before they even start!

The do feature some cool or unique cars in some of the episodes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
disco, wheel