what's a good pricing guide for D90's? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 10th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Jan Jurgielewicz
97 D90 #1477 Green ST
what's a good pricing guide for D90's?

any opinions on what you would pay for a D90, (assume 60k miles) in "good condition"

I would guess...

any other opinions??

Old January 10th, 2004, 12:45 AM

i've seen good condition 94s go for as low as $15k, 95s for $18k, and 97s for $23k.

in the past 90s have seemed to have ridden the economy .... if its good, people buy more toys like 90s (prices go up), if its bad, people sell their toys off (prices go down).

best bet is to decide what you want to pay and then wait for your truck. sooner or later, it will show up.
Old January 10th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Chris von C
No Defender at this time
I think a lot depend on that.
  • # of Defenders in the area. If your area has loads of them, usally you could barter a better price.
  • Condition. Body, milage, and modifications all play into it.
  • Time of year. The colder months seem to be the lower pricing months.
I would agree with Troys low picing list. Those are on avaerage that I have noticed, the lower pricing ranges for the 3 years. Every now and then, a few come along that go lower, but not often.
Chris von C

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
Old January 10th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605
First do a bunch of research so you know exactly what you want. Do you want a stock D-90 or a modified one? What year do you want? Do you care if iit has a salvage title that has been cleaned? How many miles?, etc. Then determine how much you are willing to pay. If you wait long enough the right will come along at the right price. I did exactly this and found exactly what I was looking for at the exact price I was willing to pay. Although it took over a year of research and looking.

I think your price range is pretty realistic for the higher end, and Troy's is right on for the lower end. That being said expect to pay somewhere in the middle.

This is a great time to buy howver, because the price has come down a lot recently because of the economy, and I agree with CVC, the cold weather definetly plays into it. Nobody wants to sell their 90 when its 85 degrees adn sunny outside and the top is off the 90.

GOOD LUCK! Hope to see you post back soon saying you found the one you were looking for.

If the truck makes it - the trail wasn't tough enough.
If the truck doesn't make it - the truck wasn't tough enough.
Old January 11th, 2004, 01:53 PM
'94 D90 ST
WOW, looking at those prices I way over paid for my '94
However, it came with a bunch of stuff (that lots of others do), it was in very good nick, and most importantly it was local - I was able to go look at it, drive it, think about it, go back have another look etc. Saw it after a couple years casual looking, that got a bit more serious as time went on. Prices here in are generally a bit higher than other parts of the country too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

90, d90