What would you offer for a 97 disco 1 with 49k miles and no rust - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old August 16th, 2014, 01:50 PM
evilfij's Avatar
evilfij
Status: Offline
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: on the internet
Posts: 14,688
What would you offer for a 97 disco 1 with 49k miles and no rust

Garage kept and dealer serviced. SE auto, 5 seater, perfect leather.

If it were a RRC I would say it would be a 15-20k truck, but a disco I????

Just trying to get a sense as I have not seen one like it in a decade.
__________________
*not legal advice*
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old August 16th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Ray_G's Avatar
Ray_G
Status: Offline
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,636
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
its all supply and demand, and there hasnt been much love for Disco's. Maybe $7.5K on the high end? Is it teal? -Jeff
Concur. I paid $5k for an 82k 5 speed that was meticulously maintained, given what you laid out-esp the miles-you could see ~6.5-7.

D1's that are in good shape are growing rarer, gone are the days where decent ones could be found for 2-3k.
Dii's on the other hand...if one was to subject them self to that.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 16th, 2014, 09:30 PM
roverguy's Avatar
roverguy
Status: Offline
Robert
1995 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,029
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post

Concur. I paid $5k for an 82k 5 speed that was meticulously maintained, given what you laid out-esp the miles-you could see ~6.5-7.

D1's that are in good shape are growing rarer, gone are the days where decent ones could be found for 2-3k.
Dii's on the other hand...if one was to subject them self to that.
I would say $6.5-7 as well, maybe a touch more for the miles. I have subjected myself to the DII once again though.
__________________
1965 IIa 88
1995 RRC 25th Anniversary
98 Discovery LE7
2000 DII (SOLD)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old August 16th, 2014, 10:12 PM
the rover shop
Status: Offline
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ft lauderdale florida
Posts: 5,225
$500... When can I pick it up..??
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 17th, 2014, 03:50 AM
evilfij's Avatar
evilfij
Status: Offline
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: on the internet
Posts: 14,688
It is Epsom. I could get it for $4-6k I would think. Guy said he would wait until it breaks and then sell it cheap to me so I give it a month or two. :-)
__________________
*not legal advice*
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 17th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,839
Registry
Not getting the D2 comments. They are great trucks. I have driven one 60k miles in the past year and a half and replace brake pads and a rear caliper. Its been a great truck
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 17th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Ray_G's Avatar
Ray_G
Status: Offline
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,636
Registry
Personal bias on the Dii's; they certainly are better on-road vehicles but in my mind are akin to the P38-a leap from the legacy roots that are in the coil sprung legacy of RRC->90/110->D1's into what we know now with the RR/RRS/D3/D4 era of vehicles (which I think are leaps and bounds over the intermediate varients).

That's aside from the Dii's issues with the 4.6's, thinner frames, absence of CDL for some years, etc.

I prefer the simplicity and heritage of the D1. Without Project Jay it is argueable if Land Rover would even exist today, not to mention the years of CT service they put in as participant vehicles.

In my opinion they are underrated, but I'm biased
r-
Ray
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 17th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,839
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Personal bias on the Dii's; they certainly are better on-road vehicles but in my mind are akin to the P38-a leap from the legacy roots that are in the coil sprung legacy of RRC->90/110->D1's into what we know now with the RR/RRS/D3/D4 era of vehicles (which I think are leaps and bounds over the intermediate varients).

That's aside from the Dii's issues with the 4.6's, thinner frames, absence of CDL for some years, etc.

I prefer the simplicity and heritage of the D1. Without Project Jay it is argueable if Land Rover would even exist today, not to mention the years of CT service they put in as participant vehicles.

In my opinion they are underrated, but I'm biased
r-
Ray
I had some very nice D1's as you know and they were great. D2 is a far better road machine which was why I asked the question. Personally I wouldn't want to wheel a d2- they are too stiff.
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 17th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Ray_G's Avatar
Ray_G
Status: Offline
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,636
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
I had some very nice D1's as you know and they were great. D2 is a far better road machine which was why I asked the question. Personally I wouldn't want to wheel a d2- they are too stiff.
Concur wholeheartedly-they are def a superior on-road vehicle.
Which is why it is perfect for the Dro...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 17th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Z.G's Avatar
Z.G
Status: Offline
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 4,684
Registry
My d2 does pretty well on the trails. But unless you 4 Link it, it'll never flex like the others
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1997 D90 ST, 49K Miles, Jump Seats, Badger Top parkcity4x4classic The Vendors Loft 3 October 3rd, 2008 08:28 PM
97 NAS 90' 49K miles for sale; soft top w/ bimini mcfrogman For Sale - Vehicles 12 August 20th, 2008 11:31 PM
97 d90 st on RN forum $30k w/49k miles karlusmagnus The Flea Market 1 May 5th, 2008 10:46 PM
1997 BRG D90 with 49K miles in MA bert For Sale - Vehicles 3 October 14th, 2005 06:29 PM
Rust, damn rust, and rust jaherring Defender Technical Discussions 14 September 2nd, 2004 07:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Copyright