Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
What would you do if a Vendor .....

What would you do if a Vendor flips on you for no reason? ( aside from the obvious answer of take your business elsewhere )

Here is the story, and I am pissed as it is uncalled for.

Today I've sent an email to a Well Known Vendor asking if he has XYZ parts or anything that will solve my needs, his reponse was and i quote:

" DUDE, YOU RUN ME THROUGH THE COALS ON D90 "

so I 've responded, and I quote

" I don't understand what you mean "

No reply as of the time of this post

My question to you guys:

Have I ever trashed or insulted any vendor here?
Have I been anything but polite addressing anyone ?

I mean I am really ticked off as I did not expect an answer as such, I mean if he has foundation ( wrong at best but his perception ) , probably a simple NO would do, but make a statement like that is unacceptable.

I am one step to call him on the carpet ( but await his response while I calm down ) on every place possible, and go as far as to let every person I know that currently and in the future planned to approach a business relation with him the possible reaction.

Any input ( without asking WHO for now ) would be great, and for those Thread Finders, if you find any thread that shows I have insulted a Vendor ( I doubt you'll find one ) please bring it to my attention, cause if I did, I will PUBLICALLY APOLOGIZE

Thanks for allowing the venting
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:06 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

I wouldn't worry about it. I guess they just don't want your money, which is a rare thing in these times. Most people should spend extra time and go out of your way more than ever now.
I know that I have stepped up my thank you letters and "sure appreciate your business" calls in the last year in my business.

Find another vendor.
And I love you too
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Thanks for the post.

I hope you understood the CORE of it, I am just pissed at the lack of professionalism ( and I am not talking Pap"S Parts Supply ) .
And what also bugs the crap out of me is , I am the closest thing to Mr. Polite ( until someone crosses the line then I react ) never insults anyone, unless it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:10 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Don't cause internet drama. Just let it slide and go on about your day. It's just not worth it.
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:20 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
I have yet to see in any of your posts anything that is mean/rude/stalkerish to anyone you have responded to (even to horseyboy) i would just do the obvious thing and stop doing business with said vendor.
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
LOL

Well I will apologies to Horseyboy the day he gets the DAMN DEFENDER, until then GAME ON .

That is what I thought , so when I saw the email is like WTF? maybe he has me confussed with someone else, but the lack of response leads me to believe he was not confussed JUST WRONG

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
I have yet to see in any of your posts anything that is mean/rude/stalkerish to anyone you have responded to (even to horseyboy) i would just do the obvious thing and stop doing business with said vendor.
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:31 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Unless *LMAO* is your code for smack talk I'd say you've been pretty good...except for the time you said Jon/Wolf couldn't ungay his truck.

------ Follow up post added January 8th, 2010 10:32 PM ------

Maybe it's that Carlos dude who's giving you a bad rap on the board.
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Damn Josh... did you have to bring it up .... but then again Jonathan and his 110 shall make a movie titled ME & Frankie with a location ....Frisco

Yeah ...this Carlos shit that Tony started ..I will have to call my cousin Guido and let him "Dialogue " with him...
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:44 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Do a search and see what you can find. Could there be another Gustavo or something close that someone could confuse you with?

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
I did, and couldn't find anything, and the funny part is I originated the email through here , so I am sure when he got it , was titled Rugbier@d-90.....

I know the obvious is F@#K Him, order from somewhere else ( even if direct order from UK , costing less / more is not the issue ) but I am all about respect, I give it and I expect it, so it is quite hard to let it go as MAD suggested.
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:59 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
You should just call him Monday and find out what he is talking about.
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Damn Josh... did you have to bring it up .... but then again Jonathan and his 110 shall make a movie titled ME & Frankie with a location ....Frisco.
Well, technically I am a vendor Goose. So you better watch your back or I'll have you blackballed from all us vendors on D-90. Then see if you can ever get parts for that green weenie 110

Seriously though, I've never seen you rip anyone on D-90, other than your copious use of teenage texting code words like LOL and LMAO. But you will always be my BFF.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
just for you ROTFLMAO , i guess I am like the commercial for Toy R US , I don't want to grow up

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Well, technically I am a vendor Goose. So you better watch your back or I'll have you blackballed from all us vendors on D-90. Then see if you can ever get parts for that green weenie 110

Seriously though, I've never seen you rip anyone on D-90, other than your copious use of teenage texting code words like LOL and LMAO. But you will always be my BFF.
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:21 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Well, speaking as a vendor (and the vendor in question here), on this board I am a person, not some multi-national corp. that must present a good face. I'm a guy and I get mad, have good days and bad days just like you all. It was polite that Gus held back my name, but I have no issue letting the cat out of the bag. He asked me for some used parts, I sent an email back sort of wondering why he would ask me for a favor when a number of people on this board have forwarded posts to me that they said where him slagging my company. So to me it was sort of two faced. Slag me in one post, then ask for a favor to me personally. It struck me as funny/odd. I did not swear in my relpy to him, nor did I tell him to f'off, I simply wanted to see what he would say if I reminded him of the unfavorable comments he has had towards me. I did not reply to his other email because it was Friday afternoon and I went skiing with the kids.
The internet loves drama, so I'm sure the ghouls will run with this (you go girls).
I'll continue my emails with Gus on Monday to see if there has been some misunderstanding, and if there has been I'll try and help him out, but IMO (this case aside) if you slag a company that is made up of just a couple guys, then call them being all nicey nicey and expect those same guys to help you out. You mind find that those people don't feel like helping you, or as in this case, they might ask you "Dude, why?". Just as you can take your dollars elsewhere, a vendor can refuse to help you. A vendor is a person. Usually we don't get the folks who slag us/me calling in for help, so in this case I wanted to start a dialog with Gus to see what he would say, (in case the folks who alerted me to his posting were wrong), rather than just hitting delete.

"Rugbier

Michael allow me to add

8. Hypocracy ( I brake the rules but I don't want anyone else to do it as it might become COMPETITION
9. Trash people's well being by detroying their FOR SALE ITEM
10. MY FAVORITE... DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO

D3 HSE7"

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Mike,

I did not post Your Name as I said, was awaiting your response. ( and as you stated perhaps you were having a bad day )

Everytime I called your company ( and speak with Holly always address respect ) as I have nothing else to offer and receive in life, and I do not excercise the TWO FACE option in life, it is not worth it.

I am sorry that you feel I was slandering you on the above post, as I still don't think I was , and if that is the case ,I apologize if that makes you feel warm a cozy, but all the posted items herein referenced were in reference to TDI engines / swaps in US soil, and I am still convinced were appropriate and in no way intented to slander you, if you think for a minute I was slandering you why would I have called Holly, ask her to put me on a $ 3,000 item waiting list, when I 've got the call from Holly saying, sorry Gustavo no cancellations, I 've moved on to the next option; or tried to purchase the 110 parts unit you've sold to Ron, you and I have exchanged communication and I am pretty sure was after the date on the aforementioned post.

I've contacted you as a customer, ( my bad, as I thought you Mike and ECR are one of the same not a Person and a Company as separate entities ) for used parts as I don't feel getting the new ones from UK for a Timetable point of view. ( if my email came accross as a request for a favor / expecting items for free , once again my apologies ).

If someone told you I've trashed you, my expectation would have been you contact me and ask me What did I mean?, as my email response to you. Anyhow, no interest in drama, and if you want to contact me and ask me directly, ( I know you have my number ) feel free to call me at your convinience anytime at 410-868-9800 or simply email me.

Gustavo

Thank you and look forward to either one of those type of comunication.
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
"Rugbier

Michael allow me to add

8. Hypocracy ( I brake the rules but I don't want anyone else to do it as it might become COMPETITION

D3 HSE7"
So the above comes from http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...&postcount=206

May I ask. What does that post have to do with ECR?????
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
The quoted post in this message is a response to another poster named Mike and nowhere is ECR mentioned:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...&postcount=206

So, ECR tell us why you would think those items are directed toward you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR

Old January 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Mike,

I did not post Your Name as I said, was awaiting your response. ( and as you stated perhaps you were having a bad day )

Gustavo

Thank you and look forward to either one of those type of comunication.
We'll talk on Monday.
As to why I didn't call you asap, well, it just wasn't worth it. When emails and calls come into me about what folks said you were saying (or what others say, don't take that personally) I don't feel the need to act on all that. I just let it go with a lot of other BS I hear daily about who is going to put us out of business this week. However, wehn you emailed me I figured I would address it with you.
Lots of folks pointed the finger from the 110 debate on the chit-chat page and then spilling over onto the For Sale sticky. I can't find that stuff right now, nor do I want to spend the time to dig for it (going out with the kids). I have to admit I don't have time to follow every thread and every post, but when shown your posts in the light that they were sent to me in (yes, that could be wrong that is why I started the dialog with you, not flatly saying "GFY" to you) it sure seemed like you were trying to attack a company that does Tdi swaps and works with converting 90s to 110s, new frames and restorations. If that was not for me/ECR, than my bad. I wonder what other company that does those things resides and posts on this forum.

Regardless, I took your comments on the misc forum about 110s and the post in the For sale section as directly pointing at ECR as we do frame swaps, Tdi swaps, 110 restorations, conversions of 90s to 110s and all that (and not a whole lot of other places do). If I was wrong, that is what we were going to discuss.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:23 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Here is what we know:

the internet has no tone.
it's easy to get confrontational beyond what you would normally, behind a keyboard.
there are always two sides to every story.
the majority of enthusiasts and vendors on this board would bend over backwards for each other.

My .02 is to have a live conversation and sort it out.
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:19 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

You are so right Jonathan. I started that thread in mention as a sarcastic rant/joke from what I was reading from chit chat section.

Mike, if it matters in no way was I thinking of or refering to your company(not that you said I was but I was not). In my eyes I felt it was all in jest. If I am part of what upset you it was not my intent.If anyting I was more leaning towards the people who sneak a truck in and want 60k for it. We have spoke a few times and you have given me free help and advice and I appreciate that as much as I apperciate this web site. For what it is worth the only person I have ever meant to offend here was departing90 but he deserved it. Hope Monday is a better day for you than Friday. Mike

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat