Been a cloudy / rainy week not typical for Colorado hopefully it is nice when you get here
A fewplaces I like to go to eat around downtown Denver or a short drive
- Capital Grill
- GB fish and chips 2 locations one on Sheridan across from solans lake and one on Broadway by i-25 the one by sloans lake is nice to sit at and view the lake and one on Broadway is a little more Bar like and authentic
- Taco's YE Salsa go east on Colfax if you want to see how our taco dives compare to LA best to go during the day
- Brother bar across I-25 in the lo-hi area
- Rootdown in the Highlands area
- Fados Irish pub
- Rodizio Grill (Meat meat and more meat)
- Ali Baba grill in Golden (great Gyros for cheap)
- Cherry Cricket Cherry creek area (amazing burgers)
- Delectable egg 2 location downtown great breakfast
- Biker Jim's Gourmet Dogs
- Little India
- Twin Peaks by Golden Decent food and nice views
- rock bottom brewery
Stay away from Coyote Ugly, Tilted Kilt, bubba gump, cheesecake factory and the big chains you can get that anywhere.
Things to do
Ride the mall buss it is free and take it all of the way to the north end and walk over the bridge and eat some ice cream at Little man then explore the lo-hi area
check out coors field (Fados is right next door)
Check out the REI cool old building and stuff around it
Drive up 32 AVE in teh highlands area a nice neighborhood if you have to live close to downtown (from about Federal to Sheridan) then stay on 32nd all the way to Golden.
When in golden walk around downtown, do the Coors Brewery tour, drive up Lookout MT and go to buffalo bill grave and the Cabrini
The Denver measure of nature and science is nice
Lots of historic places in downtown Denver Molly Brown house, Brown palace and much more
Segway tour of downtown is supposed to be nice
Go to Washington park for a v ball game or a run
See if the free summer concerts are going on at 16th and Glennarm
So much stuff to do
I have lived in Downtown 16th and Glennarm downtown is neat and there is always something to do but parking is a PITA and the condos / apts are small. Love being able to do so much stuff without having to get in a car but like working on my cars and having space so we moved.
Lived in Golden, nice place to live but really expensive
Highlands is a neat little neighborhood if you have to be close to town but be prepared to pay for it.
Applewood is between Golden and the Highlands really like that hood.
Highlands Ranch you can use the Light Rail to get to downtown Denver, GREAT place to live my fav so far of the places I have lived in Denver. Check out the SW side of HR and you will be close to 470 and the light rail that goes to Denver
There are some nice places to live in Aurora mostly on the SE side by 470 around gartrell smokey hill and Quincy (talons reach, Blackstone, the Pinery)
Littleton and englewood have some nice place to live