42in IROKS 5 21.74%
40in MTR's 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 26th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

What size tire should I go with next?

Just looking for some imput on what I should after I destroy the tires and probably the wheels I have now.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 26th, 2005, 10:52 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

David,
I really like those IROK's...I personnally have not seen them in action but i feel like they are pretty wicked tires.

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Old April 27th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Shane@EVS
Roverhybrids

I would stick with 37's unless you plan on extending the wheelbase; and doing some significant body removal.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2005, 10:08 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I'm with Shane on this one!

How much lift you have now? How much clearnce you've got with the 37's right now?

My vote is 40's. I mean I like the Irok's but they still start with 3

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCURoverD90
David,
I really like those IROK's...I personnally have not seen them in action but i feel like they are pretty wicked tires.
Few weeks ago I ran into this guy with DiscoI 0n 36 Iroks in Carnage boulder. We both did the same obstacle, I spun my way up, and he dug his way up. Those things bite really well.
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:18 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

From the looks of them i was thinking they would bite real well......

Old April 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Get the 49" IROKS and be done
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

Thats what i like to hear....Cut out your fenders and get the 49's....

Old April 27th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
I'm with Shane on this one!

How much lift you have now? How much clearnce you've got with the 37's right now?

My vote is 40's. I mean I like the Irok's but they still start with 3

Follow-up Post:

Few weeks ago I ran into this guy with DiscoI 0n 36 Iroks in Carnage boulder. We both did the same obstacle, I spun my way up, and he dug his way up. Those things bite really well.

I really don't know how much lift I have. I need to park it next to a stock one and do some measuring. I have 8.5in from the top of the tire to the lowest fender point front and 8.25 rear. If I went larger, I would just lift it another 2-3in. I have the coilovers turned all the way down so that would be cheap and easy. I have my favorite on the tire size and it is not the 42's. Seems like a lot of weight!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old April 28th, 2005, 08:11 AM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Its been my experience so far that the 37's provide clearance for most of the situations I find myself getting into. I also think that size is a good balance in keeping a stable vehicle since it has a relatively short wheelbase. Stretching your wheelbase would be my concern at this point, as Shane mentioned... then on to bigger meats. Have you considered trying a tire that measures a true 37(my MTRs are a bit smaller than my krawlers). My .01

Tis
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:23 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I remember once you saying that your truck has 95" WB right? And the front axle is 3.5" wider also right? Most modified D90 are somewhere around 92" depending on lift and what arms they are running, with that you are a bit longer and wider so 39's or 40's might do. What did you do to widen the rear axle? Give it a shot if you want and see how things go, but 42's sounds way too much for a 90ish" wheel base.

I'm simply very happy with 37's and many times though about going with bigger tires but not once I though I needed a bigger tires on a trail.
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

It is just a distant thought in my mind. The wheel base will be stretched before any new meats. Sometimes I get tired of hitting the undercarrage so much. Last time out I slipped off a ledge and hit my rear frame so hard that I dented it in about 1.5in and bubled out the frame. My front is 4.5 wider than someone running a 4 in b.s., the rear is 2in wider. The wheelbase is stretched only about .9 over stock right now. I am just playing around, but those 39.5 IROKs make me drool!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old April 29th, 2005, 12:37 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Well, the vote is on the 39.5's. Do you the true height on the things?

Do you have a gas tank in the back? Or just under the pass. side?

If you don't have the tank in the back you could push the axle farther back more but you would have to trim the body and you need to make sure the tire won't hit the X-member.

Good luck, and don't forget to post pictures when you start with this.
Old April 29th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I have a tank in the back that needs to come out. If/when I do this I will move the rear axle back 8-9in. The true load height on the tires for the 39.5 is actually 39.5. The 42 has a load height of 41. So thats what makes me want the smaller tire, plus weight and how much I have to cut on the front of the truck. This will be fun to try myself when the wheeling season is over.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
tire