What parts/accessories do people want - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 7th, 2010, 09:06 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Selling fuel tanks that are located outside the frame main rails carries HUGE liability issues (as they are technically illegal) (Remember all that GM pick up hoop-la some years back). If you start making aux. tanks make sure you have your butt covered with whatever waiver or whatever you feel is needed.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Selling fuel tanks that are located outside the frame main rails carries HUGE liability issues (as they are technically illegal) (Remember all that GM pick up hoop-la some years back). If you start making aux. tanks make sure you have your butt covered with whatever waiver or whatever you feel is needed.
Agreed- I think in terms of diesel. Kind of like a tdi engine conversion, "off road use only" disclaimer.
Got to be safer than jerry cans hung on the back of a truck.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I think I would stick to what Ron said. See if my guy can make crap that is either pure plastic crap (tailgate clips) or stuff that simply isn't made like the window vents.

That and I want to make soft top cages. ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I would love to see a set of rear wheel well inserts that protect mud and water from spraying over the rear light mounts on the inside of the rear corners. I can't believe rover didn't put something in the rear of the defender to prevent this from happening. I ordered some geniune but they ended up being a cheap piece of plastic, totally worthless. I have the rubber boot set protecting my rear lights on the inside but it just seems stupid that you'd have these exposed and covered in moisture when they don't need to be. In the snow it always gets caked up back there. Should be a simple bent piece of metal that attaches to some hopefully existing mounting points. Is anyone else interested in these?
Old October 11th, 2010, 09:16 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
I would love to see a set of rear wheel well inserts that protect mud and water from spraying over the rear light mounts on the inside of the rear corners. I can't believe rover didn't put something in the rear of the defender to prevent this from happening. I ordered some geniune but they ended up being a cheap piece of plastic, totally worthless. I have the rubber boot set protecting my rear lights on the inside but it just seems stupid that you'd have these exposed and covered in moisture when they don't need to be. In the snow it always gets caked up back there. Should be a simple bent piece of metal that attaches to some hopefully existing mounting points. Is anyone else interested in these?
I'd go for that ... and something for the front too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac, part, parts