Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 2nd, 2016, 02:16 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
This is the only magazine I subscribe to.
I thought you were at least a contributing writer??

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:25 PM
Dee9tee
Steve Anderson
1997/D90

Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:39 PM
KGH
Real Name
#1-'13 110SW,#2-'87 127,#3-'12 LR4

Registry
Print Media

I at first read the body and thought who the heck writes an authoritative/essential guuide...then noticed it was you, Teri-Ann! Have extensively read your written word in e-form, you do indeed have the background!

That said, the wife and I do not read magazines. (Ok, we get some NRA rag because of life member status, and the kids gor her Runner's World or something for Christmas.)

We get the vast majority of our media from the net. I do subscribe to OutdoorX4 online, and will probably cave soon and do the O-J. But like what works of yours I read, we read travel blogs, this forum, ExPortal, DefenderNet, LRO Online, etc.

It was a goofy "sold all our stuff for a 6 month trip 3 years ago" blog that got us into overlanding.

We did pick up the latest NatGeo with the Yellowstone content. Awesome.

I would implore you to also publish an e-book, I believe it is fairly easy either with Amazon or others.
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:51 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee9tee View Post

You might enjoy this thread

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ngs-60443.html
Old June 2nd, 2016, 05:36 PM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viton View Post
BMWMOA = BMW Motorcycle Owners Association
Thanks for decoding that. Motorcycle magazines would not work. The book is for vehicles with 4 or more wheels. I don't know anything about overlanding on a motorcycle.

The cat fancy magazine would not work either. I'm allergic to cats.

But there are some suggestions that I had not thought of that might be good places for a review.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 2nd, 2016, 05:56 PM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee9tee View Post
Hummm Too small and high strung for my tastes. I'm not sure about a dog that would be considered coyote food.

Old June 2nd, 2016, 06:08 PM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGH View Post
I at first read the body and thought who the heck writes an authoritative/essential guide...then noticed it was you, Teri-Ann! Have extensively read your written word in e-form, you do indeed have the background!
Thanks for the positive reference. Here is the about the author page:

"TeriAnn has spent over 38 years exploring North America in her 1960 Land Rover Dormobile. Shunning rigidly planned routes she navigates mostly by whim where destinations are optional and not necessarily desirable. During her decades of traveling she has developed a strong bond with the land that includes a “do no harm” traveling ethic. This includes respecting historic artifacts, native cultures, and a “leave no trace behind” style of travel and camping that minimally affects the plants and animals that call the places she travels home.

Having worked in the field of product safety for 12 years, first at Underwriters Laboratories and then at Hewlett Packard, she constantly evaluates situations and gear in terms of being safe for their intended use. Since leaving the corporate world in the 1990s, most of her camping trips have between three weeks and three months in length. After purchasing her Land Rover in 1978, she has taken a systems approach to modifying the vehicle to best meet her long duration travel and camping needs. While TeriAnn makes her home in Flagstaff, Arizona she is often seen somewhere in North America out on a trip with her Irish Wolfhound."

“How do you describe the joy of a morning in a new place, watching the sun rise over a new natural landscape, and listening to the world around you awaken to a new dawn? Or the sense of absolute freedom gained by traveling where whim and the moment takes you, the serendipity of an unexpected view, the discovery of a clear gurgling mountain stream, the feeling of home on a rocky coast at the edge of a redwood forest. These are feelings akin to a religious revelation that I feel traveling and exploring new places on the wings of whim.”
TeriAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGH View Post
I would implore you to also publish an e-book, I believe it is fairly easy either with Amazon or others.
I intend to also publish the book in e-format after the print version is available. Going to an e-format would require a completely new book layout and will take a bit of time. Right now it is in a double column format with page numbers & other things that would have to go .

Old June 2nd, 2016, 07:17 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
have you shared it with these guys?

Alloy+Grit | North America's Independent Land Rover Journal
Old June 2nd, 2016, 07:47 PM
Matt_110
Matt

Just received a copy of The Landy with a Masai order. Pretty good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1580042140.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	537.2 KB
ID:	150826
Old June 2nd, 2016, 08:59 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

I couldn't resist:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version