What gets more attention..2013 Lamborghini LP550-2 or 2013 Bentley Continental GT? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Question What gets more attention..2013 Lamborghini LP550-2 or 2013 Bentley Continental GT?

There are really good lease terms on both cars, Continental GT has a new body style (from 2012) and is cheaper than the Gallardo. But if you had to say, which one would grabs the most attention from chicks? I need to make up my mind before the 31'st because then the bentley lease deal ends. 4400 down, only 1,998.00 a month! it's for 48 months, u get 20,000 miles total allowed miles. Gallardo is 13k down, 2510.00 a month for 36 months but you only get 7500 miles total. But as far as attention whoring, which one? I know bentley is more comfortable but remember its only a weekend/dating/clubbing car for me. The CGT now has a twin turbo charged 4.0 motor at like around 500 something hp. Gallardo has 550 hp.

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Maximal
Max
none

What are you going to try driving the thing into the clubs/bars? If its to just pick up girls, maybe you should be spending more time with different people and social circles instead of using the "hi I have a Lambo" to try and get laid.
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximal View Post
What are you going to try driving the thing into the clubs/bars? If its to just pick up girls, maybe you should be spending more time with different people and social circles instead of using the "hi I have a Lambo" to try and get laid.

But I like having a high end car, especially when you finally get a date. Remember the age group I'm shooting for, 21-27, they are usually very shallow at this age. Also I like having a high end car for conversation about cars with whomever.

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Maximal
Max
none

True, at least you're honest.
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:04 PM
spartan
Fred
83 D110

Registry
Bentley is for older men. Lambo ( look at me colors) is for a younger guys

my 2 cents
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Can you fit in a Lambo?

------ Follow up post added December 26th, 2012 08:13 PM ------

This was a good thread.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=36588
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I fit in it but it is rather tight, even with the power option seat, my legs are bent, there is no reclining in an Gallardo. Thats the only bad part, and its hard to see on the sides because there is a very sharp slant on the windshield and A pillars block the view a lot. Bentley can recline, has rear seats (a joke just like porsche rear seats, no leg space). Bentley would be a lot more comfortable, its a trade off on both cars. Hard to decide, both are great cars. Definately more comfortable on the bentley for sure but I just want the most impressive car...mostly.

Robert Deniro
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:33 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
F12berlinetta. Not sure you can get lease payment in same ballpark though.
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:33 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
the GT will look like any other bentley to your average 21-27 year old .. nice but nothing special.

The lambo will make you look like a 15 year old texan girl ... http://jalopnik.com/5944568/is-a-15+...to-high-school

actually her's is better than yours ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeCinYa View Post
F12berlinetta. Not sure you can get lease payment in same ballpark though.

No deals on that car yet, it just came out. Hell 458 Italia still has a 50k over the sticker price tag on it right now. Deals for ferrari is on the california. 30k down, 2300 a month.

------ Follow up post added December 26th, 2012 05:37 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
the GT will look like any other bentley to your average 21-27 year old .. nice but nothing special.

The lambo will make you look like a 15 year old texan girl ... http://jalopnik.com/5944568/is-a-15+...to-high-school

actually her's is better than yours ...
I didn't know lamborghini gives you an instant sex change and age reversal.

Robert Deniro
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Bentley

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:50 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
if you had either car wrapped in pink hello kitty camo you'd get lots of attention ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

About a month ago my friend and I went to Hollywood (Supper Club) in his 2012 black on black gallardo. When leaving, there was a crowd of chicks walking out of an elevator admiring the gallardo asking him how much the car was worth. Gallardos seem to draw a crowd in LA.

Robert Deniro
Old December 26th, 2012, 08:55 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Why not just rent one occasionally? I would buy an 84 Buick and find a girl that actually likes you for you. Like the one we heard about when you first found the site.

Dont get me wrong, most of us married with kids guys would like to be you for a long weekend, cool cars, dishrags and not a care in the world.

Old December 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
About a month ago my friend and I went to Hollywood (Supper Club) in his 2012 black on black gallardo. When leaving, there was a crowd of chicks walking out of an elevator admiring the gallardo asking him how much the car was worth. Gallardos seem to draw a crowd in LA.
Just go to the clubs in your series, mine draws plenty of attention around here. Exotics especially in SoCal are dime a dozen (relatively), nothing attracts positive attention like a rough old land rover.
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
Why not just rent one occasionally? I would buy an 84 Buick and find a girl that actually likes you for you. Like the one we heard about when you first found the site.

Dont get me wrong, most of us married with kids guys would like to be you for a long weekend, cool cars, dishrags and not a care in the world.
The one I'm with right now likes me for who I am. She never cared about what I drove when we first met. Still dosen't, just wants sex and to spend time with me. But Im not one that is very good at nourishing relationships so I tend to plan ahead. Besides, its just a car, I'm not planning on keeping it, just leasing for fun.

------ Follow up post added December 26th, 2012 06:04 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
Just go to the clubs in your series, mine draws plenty of attention around here. Exotics especially in SoCal are dime a dozen (relatively), nothing attracts positive attention like a rough old land rover.

Sheeett I used to take my Series III to Hollywood every weekend, even to clubs but I was too embarassed to take girls on rides because their clothes would get dirty from random 90wt oil smears. Plus my friends made fun of me BIG TIME. Even when I drove the D90 around. It's true though, girls don't like D90's in LA. BTW my Series III still has a 12 inch sub in the back along with 2 JBL amps. At one time I had 2 15" subs in the back, man that was crazy. Might of been the only series III that did that.

Robert Deniro
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Howski
Kevin
2002 Land Rover Discovery II

Registry
Leasing really eliminates a lot of cool cars
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
It's amazing that I can pick out Neil's threads based on the first 4 words of the thread title.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 26th, 2012, 09:32 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Why the heck would you lease? Pick up a 599 or a 612 for 100k-150k and eat the depreciation which will be orders of magnitude less than the lease payments.

Also Lambos say: I am trying to hard and Bentleys say: I am an old man.
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:33 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
It's amazing that I can pick out Neil's threads based on the first 4 words of the thread title.
Its a skill most of us acquire from being part of such a special forum.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat