What gets more attention..2013 Lamborghini LP550-2 or 2013 Bentley Continental GT? - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 31st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post

I don't get the logic. You can test drive cars for free and simply lease the one you like.

Give a Ferrari dealership a million dollars? Huh?
I am yet to see a Lamborghini or Ferrari dealer offering a test drive ( except in the movie Scent of a woman ).

If you buy one of those cars is because you know what they are
Advertisement

Old December 31st, 2012, 11:00 AM
kpmatt00
Matthew Mozelak
1985 D-90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post

I don't get the logic. You can test drive cars for free and simply lease the one you like.

Give a Ferrari dealership a million dollars? Huh?
Basically the dealership cannot just order new cars as they please. They have to trade for cars already out there it have a customer order something. The guy I know trades cash for a relationship, the dealer orders cars with his name and money and he takes delivery and puts a limited amount on them. They are all high optioned high value models. They flip the cars with full Warrenty as "new" to people who overpay sight unseen.

The best part of this is he is my neighbor so I get to help break them in and it doesn't cost me more than a beer.

I'm not sure this will make you any money but it gets you high on the list for all new F allocations which is what my buddies goal was in the first place.

He would have. Never bought a Bently or a Lambo and neither would I.
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Ahh...so actually, what one does is buy $1M worth of Ferraris and use the dealer to sell on consignment?

No wonder why so many millionaires end up broke and in Belize. No shortage of this kind of "financial advice" lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 1st, 2013, 03:05 PM
Shep29
KS
'95 RRC LWB

Registry
2012 Spotted in Short Hills Mall in NJ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1283917136.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	623.0 KB
ID:	63646   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2655502204.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	488.9 KB
ID:	63647  

'96 D1 SE7 Willow Green - SOLD
Old January 1st, 2013, 05:44 PM
spartan
Fred
83 D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
I am yet to see a Lamborghini or Ferrari dealer offering a test drive ( except in the movie Scent of a woman ).

If you buy one of those cars is because you know what they are

The local F dealer lets me test drive his cars.
Old January 1st, 2013, 05:52 PM
kpmatt00
Matthew Mozelak
1985 D-90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan View Post

The local F dealer lets me test drive his cars.
Same here
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:46 PM
cthoekenga
Craig
1997 BRG D90

Matt, Is your neighbor Mr. Skrip.... (don't want to write his entire name)?
Old January 1st, 2013, 08:05 PM
kpmatt00
Matthew Mozelak
1985 D-90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthoekenga View Post
Matt, Is your neighbor Mr. Skrip.... (don't want to write his entire name)?
No - not sure who that is but I'm guessing a local F owner. Right now he has a 360 458 F40 and a 458 spider coming. Just got rid of the white 430 you may have seen around town.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Any car you drive yourself is just nouveau riche.

Buy a perfect Mercedes 600 Pullman and hire a full time driver.

You just don't appreciate what you're missing until you have someone to drive you everywhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:00 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Any car you drive yourself is just nouveau riche.

Buy a perfect Mercedes 600 Pullman and hire a full time driver.

You just don't appreciate what you're missing until you have someone to drive you everywhere.
Does it count if your mom is behind the wheel?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
There are really good lease terms on both cars, Continental GT has a new body style (from 2012) and is cheaper than the Gallardo. But if you had to say, which one would grabs the most attention from chicks?
<SNIP>
But as far as attention whoring, which one? I know bentley is more comfortable but remember its only a weekend/dating/clubbing car for me.
A lot depends upon what kind of woman you are looking for. Me, I'd take the guy in the well cared for DB5 every time.

All a new expensive car tells you is that someone has enough money to to get into one and is overly concerned with impressing other people. Not a good prospect unless you are into doing that yourself, knowing that you can be easily replaced if the guy decides to trade up to a newer flashier model when you get older or given the opportunity you might well move up to a richer guy that will give you more.

An older well cared for high end classic tells a woman that the guy is into quality and into staying true and taking care of them as they age. Besides you never have to worry about him going out and cheating bcause you know he is either in the garage maintaining his classic or with a group of like minded guys discussing DCOE jetting or some such car technical stuff.

I figure a guy with a new flashy high end car that is obsessed with image might be fun to play with in the very short term, if it is high end play. But if I want to get serious, the guy with the high end classic is worth a long term investment.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
I figure a guy with a new flashy high end car that is obsessed with image might be fun to play with in the very short term, if it is high end play...
That's Neil's goal...

Quote:
But if I want to get serious, the guy with the high end classic is worth a long term investment.
Definitely not Neil's goal...

Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
A lot depends upon what kind of woman you are looking for. Me, I'd take the guy in the well cared for DB5 every time.

All a new expensive car tells you is that someone has enough money to to get into one and is overly concerned with impressing other people. Not a good prospect unless you are into doing that yourself, knowing that you can be easily replaced if the guy decides to trade up to a newer flashier model when you get older or given the opportunity you might well move up to a richer guy that will give you more.

An older well cared for high end classic tells a woman that the guy is into quality and into staying true and taking care of them as they age. Besides you never have to worry about him going out and cheating bcause you know he is either in the garage maintaining his classic or with a group of like minded guys discussing DCOE jetting or some such car technical stuff.

I figure a guy with a new flashy high end car that is obsessed with image might be fun to play with in the very short term, if it is high end play. But if I want to get serious, the guy with the high end classic is worth a long term investment.

Teri your like a celebrity to me, I ask about you all the time when I go to British Pacific. (No stalking don't worry..ok just a lil ) Thank you for the comment.

Robert Deniro
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:19 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
Teri your like a celebrity to me, I ask about you all the time when I go to British Pacific. (No stalking don't worry..ok just a lil ) Thank you for the comment.
Sadly, British Pacific is no longer the British Pacific that was and I am no longer associated with them.

Soon after British Pacific was purchased 100% by Allmakes, Allmakes replaced the British Pacific web site I managed with a web site that was a front end to their database and I was let go.

A couple months after the Allmakes built BP web site went on line I was hired to review the new site, identify customer usability problems and to make recommendations to improve the site's usability from a customer perspective. Allmakes implemented 100% of my customer usability recommendations but unfortunately ignored my proposal to perform a search engine optimization study. I had noticed SEO problems when I was looking at customer usability problems and felt that it was important that they be addressed.

That ended my 14 year association with British Pacific. Unfortunately the new BP web site was not search engine friendly. I had kept the old BP web site in the top four organic search returns for major key phrases. The new site dropped to below fifty in organic search engine returns and wasn't viewable until you scrolled down three or four screen heights.

Bottom line, new or casual customers seeking Land Rover parts could not find the new BP site and sales dropped significantly. So Allmakes sold BP to Atlantic British to become basically a West coast distributor of Atlantic British.

To me it was a sad ending to a company I respected and I did enjoy representing BP as well as managing their web site.

Old January 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
Is this the club scene in Hollywood where everyone is somebody in their fancy car? I think I'll stay home.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/13/hollyw...d-fight-video/
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:17 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
terrible.
1997 D-90 #1867 (sold) :(
2012 Black 110 :) In OZ still
2011 LR4 "Metropolis" (sold) :(
2011 Raptor F150 SVT (sold) :(
2007 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2007 LR3 (sold)
2006 RRS (sold)
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:53 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Young Buck Neil,
Why settle for a lamborghini with only one seat for a dumb slut when you can have all the dumb sluts and bring the bar with you?

I'm probably younger than you, but even I know not to waste my money on a leased lambo. I have one of these.

http://www.midwestautomotivedesigns....=model&model=5

97 D90 SW

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat