What gets more attention..2013 Lamborghini LP550-2 or 2013 Bentley Continental GT? - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
The Bentley GT is popular with many of the Redskins. There are a few of them close by. Even with that KC linebacker who took his own life.

Between the Italian exotics, I think that established and conservative $$ goes with the Ferrari and for new and obnoxious $$, the Lambo is the better choice. It is all about the image you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Lambo I think is still the best choice. Plus I don't need that many miles really, 2500 a year is perfect for me. (Mabye I'll add the mileage to 4k a year, only a few hundred more on payment) Old town pasadena and my house is literally only 3 miles away (clubs/restaurants/nite life). I wouldn't take it to hollywood that often, too crazy and risky. Plus I need time to get rid of the porsche anyway, but need to before Feb when the registration is due, which is like $800. Also I told you guys, the ferrari leases have huge down payments, as opposed to lambo and bentley. Plus since I already bought a porsche, I'm considered a returning customer for anything VW owned or financed through porsche financial.

Robert Deniro
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
Lambo I think is still the best choice. Plus I don't need that many miles really, 2500 a year is perfect for me. (Mabye I'll add the mileage to 4k a year, only a few hundred more on payment) Old town pasadena and my house is literally only 3 miles away (clubs/restaurants/nite life). I wouldn't take it to hollywood that often, too crazy and risky. Plus I need time to get rid of the porsche anyway, but need to before Feb when the registration is due, which is like $800. Also I told you guys, the ferrari leases have huge down payments, as opposed to lambo and bentley. Plus since I already bought a porsche, I'm considered a returning customer for anything VW owned or financed through porsche financial.
So you don't mind leasing an exotic but worry about 800 registration?

Man as a one ( many times ) exotic car owner I have to tell you " you are the Poster Boy " for what we hate, ( still love your scandalicious stories ) but buying a car for what it flashes instead of what it can do is disgusting "

Are you putting an a noxious stereo on it rather than enjoying the music that comes naturally from the back?

Sorry man. I was holding this inside too long
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
So you don't mind leasing an exotic but worry about 800 registration?

Man as a one ( many times ) exotic car owner I have to tell you " you are the Poster Boy " for what we hate, ( still love your scandalicious stories ) but buying a car for what it flashes instead of what it can do is disgusting "

Are you putting an a noxious stereo on it rather than enjoying the music that comes naturally from the back?

Sorry man. I was holding this inside too long

Pretty much. I'm giving myself a reason to get rid of the porsche sooner than later. Hey $800 is still $800. Any car I lease I won't touch a thing on it, no point since I'm giving it back in a few years. Besides, I am rebiulding my D90 (by myself might I add w new galvy frame) and I have series trucks, don't forget that I work on all by myself. This is just a car for fun, I don't plan on owning it, I just need it for short term gain.

Robert Deniro
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
kpmatt00
Matthew Mozelak
1985 D-90

Registry
Quote:

Pretty much. I'm giving myself a reason to get rid of the porsche sooner than later. Hey $800 is still $800. Any car I lease I won't touch a thing on it, no point since I'm giving it back in a few years. Besides, I am rebiulding my D90 (by myself might I add w new galvy frame) and I have series trucks, don't forget that I work on all by myself. This is just a car for fun, I don't plan on owning it, I just need it for short term gain.
Gotta love the honesty
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:04 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
Have you chosen a color? I'd go Black or Orange.
2013 Raptor F150 SVT
1997 D-90 #1867 (sold) :(
2012 Black 110 :) In OZ still
2011 LR4 "Metropolis" (sold) :(
2011 Raptor F150 SVT (sold) :(
2007 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2007 LR3 (sold)
2006 RRS (sold)
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I'll take what I can get at this point, I prefer a hot color like orange, ithaca verde green or yellow. Coupe preferred.

Robert Deniro
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Orange or green. Yea that's where it's at.
But won't you have to pay registration on a new car either way? New or lease?
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoduecer View Post
Orange or green. Yea that's where it's at.
But won't you have to pay registration on a new car either way? New or lease?

They work it into the down payment(s). Look at that link I provided, the payments/terms are very reasonable down payment / payments for a $200k + car. Especially for a closed end lease, not open end lease which has balloon payments etc. http://www.lambonb.com/LeaseSpecial.html

Robert Deniro
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Dude just get a puppy
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
A friend of mine had a diablo back in the day ... He signed up for a lease .. Made a couple of payments then stopped paying and waited for them to collect it. In the mean time he drove it hard and had the odometer reset for every service to ensure everything stayed under warranty. It took a best part of 2 years for them to catch up and take the car back ... By which time his business was bankrupt and he just walked away and did cash work for a few years ....
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
A friend of mine had a diablo back in the day ... He signed up for a lease .. Made a couple of payments then stopped paying and waited for them to collect it. In the mean time he drove it hard and had the odometer reset for every service to ensure everything stayed under warranty. It took a best part of 2 years for them to catch up and take the car back ... By which time his business was bankrupt and he just walked away and did cash work for a few years ....

I know a guy who did that with a small RV. Got away with it for at least 3 years if not more. He would park it in various places that weren't listed on his paperwork. He told me they grilled his parent's, their neighbors, friends etc to find it. Eventually they did but he used the crap out of it. Took it to vegas many times. I even chartered it from him once and took a world famous DJ from LA to Vegas with it. Had like over 100k miles on it I remember. He's a loser dead beat, had 3 kids and was on child support. From his facebook, I now see he drives limos.

Robert Deniro
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:45 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I don't know why everyone indulges Neil with this crap. One meeting and all the fawning over him would stop.

Neil get a lambo gallardo. It suits you perfectly. Make sure it has the paddle shifters and the sweet audi nav. Let all your dreams come true in the new year!!!

When you do get it, please set up a happy hour.
Old December 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
So, you know for a fact he's not a 16 year old kid with a vivid imagination and no friends.
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
I think the choice really comes down to how big of a douche bag you want to appear to be.

Lambo= SERIOUS Douchebag status
Bently= MEDIUM to Slightly serious Douchebag status

Here is your answer
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:57 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaco1
So, you know for a fact he's not a 16 year old kid with a vivid imagination and no friends.
Yes I know for a fact. I will say he know how to work on a truck. It is actually the most shocking thing about him. You would never guess a guy that is this big of a douche wearing an ill fitting Ed hardy shirt with rhinestone nipples glued on would have a clue.
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:44 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
i think josh needs to repost the photo of the ed hardy shirt hanging from the green defender from a year or two ago!! that post was almost epic!

never mind i found it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Green d90 sp.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	63518  
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
From my observations, out here in DC, every Lamborghini seems to be driven by a man, and of the two Bentley Continentals I have seen, both were driven by young women.

But I am not a wealthy person by any stretch of the imagination, and generally I don't consider gender appeal when buying a car.
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Yup.. Those were the good old days of chinese laundry mat duty before the chassis got turned into a mexican accordian by an Indian guy. And yes, amazingly I do wrench on my own truck, I have the knuckles to prove it. Sad thing about LA Happy hour is we don't have very much enthusiasm like the East coast guys. I will try to set up the next LA happy hour.

Robert Deniro
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:12 PM
giftshopduane
Chris luciano
72 Series 3 88"

A Lambo will make you look like a complete douche.. especially in LA..

A Bentley on the other hand... will also make you look like a complete douche.

But if the shoe fits.

I have no respect for some a-hole who has a hard time deciding on which "good deal" lease payment of $2k a month should he consider. If its just about tapping an ass and hooking up with shallow bitches then why not do the sensible thing and lease both. That way you can switch them up and the girls who are dumb enough to go for you will be 2x as dumb and think you are a different guy in a different car, therefore you'd get double duty on the stupid chicks.

Seriously though... I'd get the Lambo.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat