What do you do for a living? - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 27th, 2007, 01:52 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

I do web design & development... recently been doing a lot of touch screen based intranet web applications..
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2007, 02:09 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender13
I am a funeral director. My grandfather started our family business over 60 years ago. For the most part, it is really nice to be able to work with my family on a daily basis. As with all jobs, it has it's pro's and con's.

Frontline PBS "The Undertaking"
is "getting to sleep with dead people" a pro or con in your book

just wanted to check what side of the biz your on...
Old December 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmuller
I do web design & development... recently been doing a lot of touch screen based intranet web applications..
That's interesting. Are the apps for the newfangled handheld PDA kind doodads that the UPS / FedEx and USPS folks all seem to carry around?

Pretty sure I answered above somewhere ... simple public accountant here "simple unfrozen accountant" in Kurak's language.

KAA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:40 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy
That's interesting. Are the apps for the newfangled handheld PDA kind doodads that the UPS / FedEx and USPS folks all seem to carry around?
I work in the retail pharmacy market, so one of our devices is actually a delivery device (gives the delivery guy a list of prescriptions to deliever, directions to customers, and then records signatures, etc..) ... but mainly the applications are for increasing speed/efficiency of pharmacists/pharmacy techs who fill prescriptions... so computers w/ touch screens that sit on their counters.
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old December 27th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmuller
... but mainly the applications are for increasing speed/efficiency of pharmacists/pharmacy techs who fill prescriptions... so computers w/ touch screens that sit on their counters.
mmm, I suppose the Pharmacists would shudder at the comparison to a fast food cashier's display
Old December 28th, 2007, 07:43 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

My dad owns an office equipment company in Charlotte and is now opening another office in Greenville. Im in sales, learning the business until he passes it down to me at retrirement

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Old December 28th, 2007, 08:10 AM
GeoParth
George Parthmer
1995/d-90 #2715 yellowST

I am moving to Charlotte next week to work for a new company. I am an environmental health and safety coordinator.
Old December 28th, 2007, 09:31 AM
mountainviewrover
MARK LECLAIR
95 Range Rover Classic

Registry
I Started A Car Dealership About 10yrs Ago, It's Been Great Until About 2yrs Ago When The Ecomony Went To Shit. Supposed To Pick Up Again......still Waiting. In The Mean Time, I Am In The Process Of Building A Shell Gas Station And Convienience Store With Lease Space For The Local Subway. Should Be Up And Running Early Summer. I Will Continue Selling Cars. I Sell Late-model Imports. Discoverys Sell Pretty Well For Me. My New Bride Will Help Manage The New Venture.
Old December 28th, 2007, 10:30 AM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoParth
I am moving to Charlotte next week to work for a new company. I am an environmental health and safety coordinator.
I grew up in Charlotte, let me know if you want me to connect you guys with some off road friends in town.
Old December 28th, 2007, 01:55 PM
tallest1
john derosa
95 D90 SW

i'm in sales for a company called mimeo.com. we're an online, on demand printing company. we've been experiencing some explosive growth. been there almost since inception...about 7 years. our customers are training, marketing, sales depts and any part of an organization where documents need to be printed.
Old December 28th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Disco_Stu
Stuart
2000 DII

Well I started life as a Tech Consultant but then realized I didnt want to spend the rest of my life in a cubicle, so I went back to school. I am finishing up my CJ degree in Undewater Crime Scene Investigation, I recently got my USCG captains license, and by spring I will be a dive instructor. I am trying to get hired by fish and wildlife to be a game warden back in Kentucky, but who knows what the future holds.
Old December 30th, 2007, 12:19 AM
redrockrover
Russell Phillips
1994 Defender 90

I am in Pharmaceutical sales for Johnson and Johnson. I really like it and I am looking to move up in the company.

Paul, who do you work for?

Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
I work for a Pharmaceutical company, business end. My job is to sit in rooms with individuals who are all smarter than me, who all hold mulitiple advanced degrees, and to get them to figure out how to fill a gap in a chemical structure - thus transforming said structure into a viable compound for clinical development. This is balanced against the need of the potential compound/ its originality, the ability to produce it in large quantities and most importantly its potential ability to help people - without hurting them. The kicker - while doing this we are looking into the future some 4-8 years which is how long it will take to test any result to see if it can go into humans (then another 2-5 yrs of efficacy testing in humans).
This could explain why I get weird looks on Monday when I walk in with grease & oil on my hands and have to admit I still could not figure out what was wrong with the Defender.

'94 AA Yellow
# 891
Old December 30th, 2007, 08:49 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

I crack backs for a living, best job I could have ever designed. Work 30 hours over 4 days, every friday off, low stress and money isn't bad.
Old December 30th, 2007, 12:45 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Emphasis on the "crack." Once you get your back cracked you become an addict.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 30th, 2007, 05:29 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Emphasis on the "crack." Once you get your back cracked you become an addict.
haha my dad is a chiropractor, i'm very addicted, however my wife who never visited one in the first 23 years of her life until she met me is even worse, she whine's about it if it's been three weeks since her last crack...
Old December 30th, 2007, 05:45 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Yeah people always joke that once you go to a chiropractor you have to go back forever, but truth is people decide to come back, because of how it makes them feel.
Old December 30th, 2007, 06:12 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Is that sorta thing healthy? I pick up heavy shit all day, ive thought about going..
Old December 30th, 2007, 06:22 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

well I am obviously going to say yes, but I tell people to try it out if they want. Find someone you know that goes to one, and ask them what they think overall.
Old December 31st, 2007, 03:21 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Its awesome. You come out feeling 2 inches taller.

Old December 31st, 2007, 08:00 AM
Gren_T
Gren Thomas
1985 90 300tdi auto

Hi all, I am a computer engineer working (slacking) in a steel works in port talbot south wales uk, google my office @ N51 34' 16.00" W 3 45' 48.17" its a great place for the landrover owner numerous workshops, lots of free stuff like steel plate, paint and a never ending supply of nuts and bolts.

Happy & Healthy new year to you all

regards all

Gren

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
vin