What do you do for a living? - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 4th, 2007, 10:34 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I manage a team of systems and network engineers for a retailer of outdoor gear..

Have also been in the Army National Guard. Thought about going back in if I could do it w/o losing my current job title.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2007, 02:20 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin
I manage a team of systems and network engineers for a retailer of outdoor gear..
Sweet! Sounds like a nice job. I'm a huge SAC fan! Seems like I buy something there once a week. Nicely done!

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfD90
Sweet! Sounds like a nice job. I'm a huge SAC fan! Seems like I buy something there once a week. Nicely done!
Damn! I tried to nail a pair of Fritschi Daimir freeride bindings on SAC this a.m. and was denied. Sold out, but when I checked back to see what was next they were still up?!? What up dat?

The Goat digs up some pretty cool/funny shat now and then too.

I wonder how they like their new owners.
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2007, 10:48 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward
Damn! I tried to nail a pair of Fritschi Daimir freeride bindings on SAC this a.m. and was denied. Sold out, but when I checked back to see what was next they were still up?!? What up dat?
The Goat digs up some pretty cool/funny shat now and then too.
Seems like they've been having some issues lately. That's happened to me before (namely on a CRKT knife). Yah, the Daily Dose can be pretty funny now and then.

See 'ya Friday?

Old August 6th, 2007, 01:28 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoseno
I am a CPA (another counter of beans). Ever wonder how to make your D90 deductible???

Todd
Taos, NM

Dude!!! I didn't recognise your screen name. I'll need to make an appointment with you and Blue at the Rally.

See you there.
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Quote:
See 'ya Friday?
Yeah, I hope so. Only 3 of us?

Hey! I payed to play Culebra and Red Mtn this weekend. $150 ? Fun hike, but it left me feeling like I had paid for sex (or so I would imagine). You know....I liked it, but I felt dirty afterward.
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:06 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Yeah, I hope so. Only 3 of us?
Ya, more than likely.

Quote:
Hey! I payed to play Culebra and Red Mtn this weekend. $150 ? Fun hike, but it left me feeling like I had paid for sex (or so I would imagine). You know....I liked it, but I felt dirty afterward.
Har! Sounds like fun. Give me a holler when you do stuff like that; I'm always up for a 14er. I'll have to tell you about Challenger/Kit Carson/Challenger.

Old August 6th, 2007, 06:08 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Just another IT guy

I was dipped in computer stuff when I was 6 years old..... I did not recover.....

Jack of all trade because of my father who wanted to try and do everything, I am myself curious about everything. My education got me a MS in CS (major in databases and networks). I hated databases..... Now I work for a software company in the Business Intelligence space (a.k.a. Decision Support Systems). For those who don't know, that involves _a_lot_of_ database stuff.

So, to stay alive, I used to wrench on my trucks. For the past 6 months I've been doing mostly baby wrenching..... Babies are definitely higher maintenance than Land Rovers! [Or maybe it's because I got two at the same time?
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Ya, more than likely.

Har! Sounds like fun. Give me a holler when you do stuff like that; I'm always up for a 14er. I'll have to tell you about Challenger/Kit Carson/Challenger.
Damn. If any of you guys ever want to climb a 14er, drop me a line or give me a call, 210 859 3107. I solo'ed Pyramid three weekends ago and attempted Capitol two weeks ago but my climbing pal from Boston got wicked altitude sickness.

Hope I can fix my overheating problems in time for the Rally.

Pyramid Peak photos

Wheeler Peak, NV photos

/
/
/
/
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
hey dude which smiths are those ?
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:49 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin
Damn. If any of you guys ever want to climb a 14er, drop me a line or give me a call, 210 859 3107. I solo'ed Pyramid three weekends ago and attempted Capitol two weeks ago but my climbing pal from Boston got wicked altitude sickness.

Hope I can fix my overheating problems in time for the Rally.

Pyramid Peak photos

Wheeler Peak, NV photos
Looks like good times! Definitely, but they're usually short notice. I'll look for 'ya at the rally!

Old August 6th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

I'm sorry Chance, I owed you a call for this one. It was my brother's gig though. It was his last one, and he invited me along (made the reservation and all) so I was joining his group. I think it's booked for the rest of this year but whenever you want to do it, I'm in. Or any of the others for that matter.

I'm not planning on attending the rally, but if you guys want to knock one off when you're in the area, let me know. That's a target-rich environment down there!

Chris, that picture from the end of the NV trip with all the dusty gear is killin' me! Looks like a couple of great trips, Cope brother.

Sorry for the hijack,

I sell building materials to masonry contractors.

Jburt did a thread on this a couple years ago, I wonder how many people are still doing now, what they did back then.
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:01 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
hey dude which smiths are those ?
Smith Escapade, polarized lens.

Quote:
I'm not planning on attending the rally, but if you guys want to knock one off when you're in the area, let me know. That's a target-rich environment down there!
My girl gets back from her deployment in early September and we're going to try to bag a few 14ers when she does. She's never climbed before, so it may be some more mellow climbs but I will definitely post here, in case any of y'all want to come.

I replaced my thermostat tonight so I'm going to try to make it down there after all. I'm very interested in climbing during/before/after the Rally, if any of you guys want to. I've always wanted to climb Mount Wilson.

Quote:
Chris, that picture from the end of the NV trip with all the dusty gear is killin' me! Looks like a couple of great trips, Cope brother.
You have no idea! I will be cleaning that dust out of the truck for years to come. Speaking of cope, that trip was so dusty that my spittoon actually turned to mud! I should have taken a picture.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled...

/
/
/
/
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:50 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
I'm sorry Chance, I owed you a call for this one. It was my brother's gig though. It was his last one, and he invited me along (made the reservation and all) so I was joining his group.

Not a problem! Yah, I'm trying to figure out how I can bag one what with the Wife and dog along and all. Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Old August 9th, 2007, 11:38 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Trained as an architect...but figured out I can make more money buying selling and building them instead of drawing them.
Old December 27th, 2007, 10:37 AM
kennybahr
Kenny Bahr
94 D90 Alpine White #1245

I am a co-owner of a t-shirt company called Just Be Threads
http://www.justbethreads.com

I lived in Aspen a few years ago, and worked as a lift operator @ Snowmass, and I also worked at the front desk at the Aspen Club and Spa...which is also where I met my Wife.
Old December 27th, 2007, 10:52 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybahr
I am a co-owner of a t-shirt company called Just Be Threads
http://www.justbethreads.com

I lived in Aspen a few years ago, and worked as a lift operator @ Snowmass, and I also worked at the front desk at the Aspen Club and Spa...which is also where I met my Wife.
wow i wish i had been smarter in my youth and did what you did...
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:53 AM
devinchi
Tim Brown
'95 D90 ST '99D2

Since I never posted in this earlier:

I am a Signal Maintainer for a Regional Shortline Railroad in VT, NH, MA, and CT. The New England Central Railroad. I work on a 70 mile stretch of the railroad making sure the cars don't hit the trains, and the trains don't hit each other. Good pay, but I am on-call 24-7 so lots of late night callouts, but in general I love my job.

And yes, I get to drive one of those cool trucks with the little rail wheels down the tracks!
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:27 PM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

I sell building materials to contractors and homeowners. Lumer, mason materials, hard-scapes, etc.
long hours but fairly rewarding.
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

I am a funeral director. My grandfather started our family business over 60 years ago. For the most part, it is really nice to be able to work with my family on a daily basis. As with all jobs, it has it's pro's and con's.

Frontline PBS "The Undertaking"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
vin