Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 9th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37
Neil i agree with you about the Defenders in LA but I will say that my 1961 109 pickup is a chick magnet. Its my daily driver over the 110 which doesnt fit in many parking garages. I love pulling it up to Valet at swanky spots and seeing the reaction it gets next to the cheese bags in their Bentleys and Ferraris. I had two girls at a light scream out nice truck the other day from their convertible Aston Martin. Needless to say i didnt mention that to my wife!
Ironically, last night I was in my Series III parked in front of the gym talking on my cell before I drove off (ever try to talk on a cell while driving a SIII?) and this pretty hot looking girl in a mustang caught my attention by asking me about the stainless steel bbq girl bolted onto my bumper. We chatted a bit but I noticed a guy in the car, I was assuming it was her bf. No biggie at least someone noticed. Most of the reactions I get with the grill mobile is humor. I don't know if they are making fun of me or are actually genuinely amused by the bbq grill. As for our D90's, I think if we keep them shiny and clean and wear dark sunglasses like john mayer than mabye we will get more panties thrown at us. Oh and it pays to stay in shape, if your going to drive a D90, why not be a hardbody at any age?

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2008, 06:10 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg
I am an original owner...........So I got my Defender about the exact time my (now) wife and I started 'officially' dating. We are very happily married............I think how lucky I am all the time.

I don't THINK the D-90 is why she stays with me........................BUT I don't plan to sell the truck and find out

Flagg
The first 90's start showing up at LR when my wife and I first started dating. We went there and we were each going to buy one(at that point SF LR was giving them away) but we both had fairly new vehicles so we decided to not to take a loss on are cars to get Defenders. We just figured we would get them in four or five years. Little did we know they would be gone by then. I still remember being at LR and they had like five or six of them sitting there(including a 110). Maybe thats why I married her. Its a LR thing I guess. 14 years,three boys and three defenders later she drives the 110 twice as much as I do. You have to love that.
Old May 10th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley
Ironically, last night I was in my Series III parked in front of the gym talking on my cell before I drove off (ever try to talk on a cell while driving a SIII?) and this pretty hot looking girl in a mustang caught my attention by asking me about the stainless steel bbq girl bolted onto my bumper. We chatted a bit but I noticed a guy in the car, I was assuming it was her bf. No biggie at least someone noticed. Most of the reactions I get with the grill mobile is humor. I don't know if they are making fun of me or are actually genuinely amused by the bbq grill. As for our D90's, I think if we keep them shiny and clean and wear dark sunglasses like john mayer than mabye we will get more panties thrown at us. Oh and it pays to stay in shape, if your going to drive a D90, why not be a hardbody at any age?

Alright Neil, you must post a pic of your grill. I thought I was clever having a bottle opener bolted to my truck, but I gotta see that!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat