What a 2000th post, please help if you can - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 6th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

So, I was wondering what my 2000th post was gonna be about... And while I'm laying hear in bed all I can think about is how lucky I am, to be apart of so many great groups of ppl. In life and business it's crazy how high some of the highs are and how low some of the lows are... Some times I feel like they are minutes if not seconds apart. Yesterday was one of those days... One of my weekend warriors lost everything he had when his house burnt down while at school teaching. Johnny B, is one of the nicest guys I know and will do anything for anyone. We where doing a frame swap last October and I walked into the shop with coffee and donuts around 9 o'clock on a Saturday to see a high school girl taking a math test in the middle of my shop. I of course asked if she wanted a donut and then asked Johnny if he thought it was a good idea to have her in the shop. He just laughed and said she is just doing math, unless she wants to help when she's done. Anyway, that's the kind of guy Johnny is, he helps everyone around him. So now it's my turn to try and help him. The best way I know how is to spread the word and hope there are as many kind individuals as I know there are to help him. Anyway, read the article and help if you can, I appreciate the time and hope everyone cherishes what they have, because you never know when it could be gone.

http://www.wral.com/wake-forest-hs-t...fire/14626081/

http://www.gofundme.com/tsfjac
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Hache
Henry Lambert
1983 Ex-MOD 90 2.5N/A

Great post. Great cause. Sounds like a top man with a fantastic attitude to life.
Old May 6th, 2015, 02:14 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
You're a good friend to him. Good use of post 2K. Funny story about a high school girl doing a math test in your shop on a Saturday. You guys could have been in jail by about 3 o'clock! ;-) Ponied up my monthly D allowance. Hope it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2015, 03:33 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
I hate to say it, but I can so relate.
I lost my home to fire back in 2001, just one week after my birthday.

That started a long journey of misfortunes that I have never fully recovered from even fourteen years later. Every time I think I'm getting a break, something else evil is lurking in wait to knock me back down.

This all started before I joined D-90.com or Defender Source.

This is a very noble thing to do. Hopefully next payday I will be able to contribute.
Old May 6th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

Thanks guys, crazy to see how fast something can change.
Old May 6th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

As of right now we have had over 123 donators and $7700 in donations in less then 24 hours. Thanks for your support....
Old May 6th, 2015, 12:28 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
That's awesome!
Old May 6th, 2015, 03:31 PM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
What a horrible misfortune. Hopefully the gofundme can help him get along until the transporters insurance kicks in and I certainly hope he had homeowners. Donation made.
Old May 6th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flananuts View Post
What a horrible misfortune. Hopefully the gofundme can help him get along until the transporters insurance kicks in and I certainly hope he had homeowners. Donation made.
that's the biggest issue, he didn't have any home owners insurance... On top of all that he was helping a guy out with a place to stay and the kid took his truck drove while intoxicated and now the truck was is impounded... Johnny is striking out left and right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3515467631.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	640.6 KB
ID:	120097  
Old May 6th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer

Has reached over 13k in donations...
Old May 6th, 2015, 06:06 PM
flananuts
Matthew
LRC Customs #003 D110 Soft Top

Registry
I would suggest he finds a very good lawyer that will work on his behalf to seek resitution. And then he should get a home owners policy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat