Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 28th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Weird Feeling

I was driving down the road today in the 110 and out of the corner of my eye caught a d90 sitting @ a local moving company. I slowed and turned for a better look and it was a black sw with no rack. Then I realized
it was my old truck stripped down below 7 ft tall (smaller rubber/no SD rack) so that it could be shipped to Valdez, Alaska. Guess that's the last time I'll ever see the truck I totally rebuilt from a salvage ball.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

That's gotta be wierd. Did the new owner wind up getting time to load it up before shipping?
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I would have been sad to see it go, after all that work. Can you post a picture? A black SW would be pretty interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Tony,

No he ran into a spousal imposed spending limitation. I think the desire to have the 90 in Alaska asap overode the desire to add further armament. So I still have the SS Southdown snorkle, Southdown rear diff protector and the ARB I got from you.

Scott I have lots of pictures just a total lack of ability to shrink them to thumbnails.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 29th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

No offense, Doug, but I'm damned glad it's gone! Did nothing but tease me every day since he got the thing a couple weeks ago.

Did you notice he managed to get it a bit muddy before shipping? In the neighborhood drainage swales on a (mostly) vacant street, no less... there are tracks all over the ditches around here now. His wife was embarrassed when she was there for a walk-around to have the guy tell her "I CAN'T SEE if there's any DAMAGE because it's all MUDDY!" I suppose he just wanted to have it arrive in proper form - muddy - in Anchorage.

Aside - that's gotta be a bit tough, though... you did a fine job on that truck, only to sell it. I suppose that's why I keep flip-flopping with HMTDMPT; too many hours cussing at it and bleeding to be happy to let it go. That black 90 does NOT look like a salvage anymore. New owner's hoping somehow it won't show on the new title.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat