Webasto Diavia air conditioning kits, potential group buy - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 31st, 2016, 10:04 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Also working on a batch of brackets to mount the compressor and a 200 AMP Alternator on the Disco 200TDI for those of you who have this engine and want AC.
Am currently running this setup with the early Diavia AC unit on our 1983 110 and it works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	154830  

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2016, 06:18 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Doug, when do we need to commit? I'd like a lhd NAS 95 v8 unit.. I think you know why I'm not totally commuted just yet. Hopefully soon

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old August 2nd, 2016, 06:45 AM
Big Red Dog
Vincent
1985 LR 110 RHD V8

Hello Doug,

I would definitely be interested in a kit for a 1985 RHD V8 Land Rover 110.

Thank you for your time and efforts for the community.

Best,

Vincent
Advertisement

Old August 2nd, 2016, 08:23 AM
ceedy
Chris
1989 Defender 110

Registry
I'd be interested in a Defender 200 TDI RHD kit.

--Chris
Old August 2nd, 2016, 08:27 AM
stancey
steven stancey
1988 LHD Defender 110 V8

Ok everyone. I got off the phone with webasto this morning and here is the scoop. PN# 623BL90C is the condenser kit for a Land Rover Defender. The cost of this kit is $999.75. This is universal for all defenders I am told. PN #621BL15100EB is the evaporator setup for a LHD 2.5 TDI. The same kit in RHD is PN 621BL18800EB. Either of these kits costs $1088.11. There is no specific V8 version or 200/300 TDI system. The kit seems fairly comprehensive, but everyone would be in charge of adapting their individual pulley system to the compressor that is supplied. I am not sure if hoses would need changed also based on the lengths of your specific application.

The total for a complete kit shipped to Michigan is $2087.86. You can buy the complete kit, just the condenser, or just the evaporator part. We would just need to figure out the additional shipping to everyone's individual location. This is more than we originally thought, but I believe it is still much less than comparable kits out there and from what people have said on the forum, seems to be of better quality also. Based on this different price, please reply back and let me know if you are still interested. The original quote webasto gave was for 20 kits, so the price I have listed is based on if we buy 20 kits, which they said is a 48% discount. I think if we buy more, than I might have some more bargaining power to get it cheaper, but I need to know how many are committed first. Let me know. Thanks
Old August 2nd, 2016, 08:36 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
I'm still in.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 08:42 AM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
I'm in for a complete lhd kit
Old August 2nd, 2016, 08:44 AM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
In for sure, 200TDI or most similar LHD
Old August 2nd, 2016, 10:06 AM
stancey
steven stancey
1988 LHD Defender 110 V8

Correction. The RHD unit is $921.20. Congrats RHD people.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 10:13 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stancey View Post
I have been following this thread but am still trying to discern if this includes the under dash fascia as well

Is this the kit, as supplied?

Old August 2nd, 2016, 10:29 AM
ATX_D110
Victor
1985 RHD D110 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stancey View Post
In for 1 x RHD Kit (300Tdi if it's needed)
Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:00 AM
RamblerRob
Rob Apps
1967 series 2a 109 NADA

Registry
I'm following this as well. Care to speculate on a couple of points?
I'm looking at it for a '67 2a 109 with a gm engine swap.
How likely is it that the fascia if included and condensor will work in a series truck?
Would I be fine to hook it up to the compressor that comes stock with my engine?
Also need to understand is anything else needed along side the kit or is it truly complete
Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:36 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerRob View Post
How likely is it that the fascia if included and condensor will work in a series truck?
Would I be fine to hook it up to the compressor that comes stock with my engine?
Also need to understand is anything else needed along side the kit or is it truly complete
I cannot imagine it would fit very well on a metal dash rover. Maybe on a series 3 it could be made to work. On a 2a it might be better to do one of those vintage air kind of kits. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:47 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
LHD 200tdi
Old August 2nd, 2016, 12:28 PM
Elbee
Lance
1989 110 200tdi

Registry
I'm interested. RHD 200TDI
Old August 2nd, 2016, 12:36 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

OK everyone, listen up.
This is NOT a silver bullet out of the box solution for most all, if not 100% of us that are not running a 300 TDI...

You need to examine the diagrams, these units come in 2 parts.
Under dash and under hood, basically.
Under dash and under hood are RHD or LHD.

THE ONLY UNDER HOOD KIT ARE EARLY PUMA 2.4 TCDI
OR
TD5 UNDER HOOD KIT
OR
300TDI UNDER HOOD Kit

That's it based on what I saw.
So, read up and analyze the diagrams in the PDF files.

If you say I want a RHD 200TDI or V8 kit for example, you are attempting to order a RHD under dash kit (check good available can be ordered)...
AND
an under the hood kit THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE from Diavia.

It also looks like from the PDF that the under dash kit includes the evaporator, duct work, mounting brackets, fasterners, and wiring ONLY.

Again do your research and if I missed something when analyzing the PDFs, please feel to correct the above by posting on this thread.

Steve and I have been talking regarding making up a custom list of the parts needed under the hood for those that order the under dash kit only.
This custom under the dash kit will include compressor brackets for the V8 (Steve) and 200TDI (me), but this in the planning stages at this time.
Steve does have a V8 compressor mounting set up for a 3.5 V8.
I posted a picture of the compressor and alternator mounted in our 1983 110 with a Disco TDI and 200 AMP Alternator with the early Diavia under dash kit (see post 81) that I can have produced and made available at my cost.
The Diavia condenser offered in the under dash kit is on the small side.
The Diavia compressor offered in the under dash kit does not work on a 200TDI or V8 (unless you have a V8 with serpentine belt).
So there may be options to buy just the under dash kits and source the other components.
I think a condenser that is wider and lower would be a better choice for a custom under hood kit.
That way it could mount below the hood release, but be wider for 2 fans instead of the 1 that Diavia offers.
If you don't want to put the condenser in front of the stock 200TDI intercooler, then the small Diavia with single fan is likely your best choice.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

Old August 2nd, 2016, 01:15 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerRob View Post
If you could find someone who has the Diavia kit out of a 1997 NAS 90 who also owns a series without a lower shin banger heater, then they could do a "hold up" trial fit to see if it is possible.
Some of the NADA Series IIAs had an under dash heater distribution box for the heater that would have to be removed.

This Diavia under dash kit will go right on a series III without any issues, but while a IIA is unknown at this time, I wouldn't rule it out until a comparison trial fit takes place.

Old August 2nd, 2016, 01:15 PM
stancey
steven stancey
1988 LHD Defender 110 V8

Just a disclaimer. I am knee deep in my first Defender restoration. I'm not a professional mechanic and whatever Defender experience I have accumulated has been since I took delivery of my 83 LHD 110 in May. All I want is an affordable A/C system that works. From what other members have told me, this system is well made and works very well. I have no stake in this. Actually, dealing with it is a pain, but I am willing to do my part and help others out like members have done for me. Please, Please look at the drobbox that Sam setup with the installation manuals for these systems. What you see, is what I have. I don't want to be responsible in case something doesn't fit your application. Some members have contacted me about a parts list for what is included on the evaporator part. I am working on that. Some of you guys out there will not need the engine side of things and we can order just a LHD or RHD evaporator. The engine kit is NOT specific for a V8, 200 Tdi, 300 Tdi, etc. It will be up to other members to step up on their technical knowledge concerning this. I believe I have all of the compressor / alternator mounts for a V8, which I will be happy to temporarily donate to a member that wants to make a production run. I know someone else is working on the 200 Tdi mounts also. The 300 Tdi mounts are readily available. Again, your only options are RHD Evaporator, LHD evaporator, and universal engine kit. For any PUMA dash people out there, they do make a LHD Puma dash setup...
Old August 2nd, 2016, 01:57 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
isnt the 94-98 2.5tdi kit listed underhood ?

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 03:22 PM
Tarheeld
Bill
1985 110

Have a gander at this setup:

R6840 Red Dot Back Wall Air Evaporator R-6840 R68400P

Its relatively cheaper. the RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service) kits their 110's and 130's with this in the back, nicely tucked away. It will freeze your balls off cooler than a hippo in a mudhole, especially out in the middle of the outback.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
kit, webasto