Waxoyl North Jersey/NYC - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old October 12th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Beto_escapini
Status: Offline
Beto Escapini
95 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 35
I dropped off my 90 last night! Picking it up next week. Will post pics when done.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old October 18th, 2016, 11:19 AM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,379
A couple guys asked for Photos. Here are some in process photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161016_113442 (1).jpg
Views:	79
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	160067   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161016_113457 (1).jpg
Views:	75
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	160068  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161016_113510.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	160069  
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #23  
Old October 18th, 2016, 11:30 AM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 3,816
Registry
Nice ECR Tdi install. Nice waxoil job, too!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old October 18th, 2016, 11:52 AM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Nice ECR Tdi install. Nice waxoil job, too!
It was a real pleasure working on this truck. I always try to keep the overspray to a minimum with the waxoyl with taping off, using cardboard, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old October 20th, 2016, 04:43 PM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,379
The weekend of the 29th I have an opening. Please PM me if interested.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old October 28th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Rommel's Avatar
Rommel
Status: Offline
Rolf
94/95/97 Many
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Summit NJ USA
Posts: 420
pm

Tom you have a pm.
Rolf
__________________
rolfsauto.com
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old October 28th, 2016, 12:07 PM
jruti's Avatar
jruti
Status: Offline
Jon Ruti
'94 D-90, #20
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC & Bedford, NY
Posts: 285
Registry
I'm gonna need this.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old October 28th, 2016, 12:17 PM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruti View Post
I'm gonna need this.
PM me your number
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 5th, 2016, 04:21 PM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,379
Bump.

I was able to travel to a shop and to this today. It worked out well. I am willing to come to you if we can work something out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old November 11th, 2016, 12:12 PM
ymc226
Status: Offline
Lawrence
1995 D90 SW NAS
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Princeton, NJ, USA
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Bump.

I was able to travel to a shop and to this today. It worked out well. I am willing to come to you if we can work something out.
Tom,

Does that mean you need a local shop with lift to do the application or will jack stands at my home be enough with you bringing in your stuff?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old November 11th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Z.G's Avatar
Z.G
Status: Offline
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 4,417
Registry
Tom is busy slamming steelhead, but he does go mobile if necessary.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old November 11th, 2016, 03:32 PM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymc226 View Post
Tom,



Does that mean you need a local shop with lift to do the application or will jack stands at my home be enough with you bringing in your stuff?


Ramps and jacks can get it done at your house. PM me for details.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old November 20th, 2016, 12:40 PM
sloanfiske's Avatar
sloanfiske
Status: Offline
Anthony Nelson
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 435
Registry
Tom,

Thanks for the touch up.

Always good to see you.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old November 20th, 2016, 08:10 PM
koltonstanley's Avatar
koltonstanley
Status: Offline
Kolton Stanley
defender 130 hi cap
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ocean,NJ
Posts: 406
Registry
just want to throw another good recommendation out there for tom........had my truck waxoil'ed by him this weekend and did an EXCELLENT clean job.........also helped me with a few extras......
thanks for excellent service!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old November 20th, 2016, 08:33 PM
bossman429's Avatar
bossman429
Status: Offline
Adrian
1988 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ, USA
Posts: 1,346
Registry
So those who ask about newer vehicles. I use fluid film on anything I plan on keeping for more than a year or two.

Did it on my Tacoma a few weeks after I bought it new and have been since. Also on my land cruiser since I got it

Both don't show a spec of rust which is something thing to be said for a 18 yr old truck (cruiser) and one that gets driven every day on NJ salt brined roads all winter long (taco)


Fluid film deft isn't as long lasting as waxoyl but I do it twice a yr. just before and just after winter. And there is always plenty left when I reapply

Nice thing about it is you can spray on literally anything with no ill effects. Will smoke off anything hot in one heat cycle and not flammable. I did both my trucks this weekend in a couple hours. That's inside the frame rails and every nook and cranny too. Waxoyl deft is more involved but as mentioned will last a lot longer with out reapplying.

I would urge anyone who lives where they spray saltto look into some sort of underbody coating even for new vehicles
__________________
1967 Series IIa 109 5 Door - Work in progress
'98 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old November 21st, 2016, 07:53 AM
1of40's Avatar
1of40
Status: Offline
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Potomac Falls & Wintergreen, Virginia
Posts: 4,952
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman429 View Post
So those who ask about newer vehicles. I use fluid film on anything I plan on keeping for more than a year or two. Did it on my Tacoma a few weeks after I bought it new and have been since. Also on my land cruiser since I got it Both don't show a spec of rust which is something thing to be said for a 18 yr old truck (cruiser) and one that gets driven every day on NJ salt brined roads all winter long (taco) Fluid film deft isn't as long lasting as waxoyl but I do it twice a yr. just before and just after winter. And there is always plenty left when I reapply Nice thing about it is you can spray on literally anything with no ill effects. Will smoke off anything hot in one heat cycle and not flammable. I did both my trucks this weekend in a couple hours. That's inside the frame rails and every nook and cranny too. Waxoyl deft is more involved but as mentioned will last a lot longer with out reapplying. I would urge anyone who lives where they spray saltto look into some sort of underbody coating even for new vehicles
Can you post any before/aft pics. Interested in how much fluid film hides developing imperfections. I'm just not a big fan of not seeing what's going on under the coating I guess.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
waxoyl

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RURR NYC - Richmond - NYC october 18/19 leastonce Misc. Chit-Chat 8 October 17th, 2014 01:24 PM
North of NYC--Military Diesel 90 ST FS chuckc4 The Flea Market 6 October 1st, 2014 09:52 PM
Happy Holidays from NYC Boost club / NYC Meetup leastonce Misc. Chit-Chat 6 December 25th, 2013 03:09 PM
RURR: North Carolina to New Jersey Shep29 Misc. Chit-Chat 3 November 26th, 2013 11:50 AM
Rurr North Jersey to Quantico tjfslaughter Misc. Chit-Chat 9 September 14th, 2013 07:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Copyright