Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 9th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Korongo
Cameron Bell
1984 Defender 90, 1988 Defender 110

Registry
Waterproof Bags

Hey everyone,
I thought I put up a post for some waterproof bags I've been making and will be on the market soon. The first product in the line is a fully submersible tactical pocket. I linked an article that WERD just released. Yes, I did shamelessly plug my 90 in there...

https://www.facebook.com/thekorongo

http://www.werd.com/21606/korongo-waterproof-pack/

http://thekorongo.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kbackground.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	77274  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2013, 08:50 PM
kinetic
Kinetic Adventures
TDI's

Of curiosity, how are you managing to make it fully submersible with a zipper? Would be nice for a truly waterproof option with a zipper - right now I'm using watershed.
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:32 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearmonkey View Post
Of curiosity, how are you managing to make it fully submersible with a zipper? Would be nice for a truly waterproof option with a zipper - right now I'm using watershed.
You'd have to be a sailor or a diver to know that. Dry suits and foul weather zippers have a second sleeve that makes them water proof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2013, 09:35 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Ykk has 3 options now for waterproof zippers. One has been on the market for years in the dry suit arena. This year they came out with 2 new options. My take on this is if you really need water proof go for it, but use a breathable material with it it allows any moisture trapped to exit.
Old August 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Watershed happens to be the SEAL sole source provider for under water deployment bags. I have 15+ pieces of their gear, some with roll down tops (like the civilian watershed line) and some with waterproof zippers. They work fantastic as long as they are well cared for.

http://drybags.com/military-products.html

This bag looks like a great piece of kit. Nice work on it and nice shameless plug for your truck! Why not, right?!!
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
kinetic
Kinetic Adventures
TDI's

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-man View Post
Watershed happens to be the SEAL sole source provider for under water deployment bags. I have 15+ pieces of their gear, some with roll down tops (like the civilian watershed line) and some with waterproof zippers. They work fantastic as long as they are well cared for.
I'm pretty happy with the watershed duffel I have currently... well, except for the zip-lock like closing feature makes it a royal PITA if you just want to quick grab something and go. I must not have looked at their military line hard enough - at the time, I didn't notice any products with zippered closings.

As for the original product posted, I'm really excited to see new options becoming available. There are a lot of "waterproof" bags on the market, but few are actually water proof. When I was looking for an option to throw on the roof rack, I had been interested in the TNF bags - after speaking with Angela (no limits expeditions), she told me how unhappy they were with theirs, and how much water actually got into the bags - she then pointed me in the direction of watershed.

That molle pouch looks awesome... am really looking forward to seeing how the bags turn out!
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:42 AM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:

I'm pretty happy with the watershed duffel I have currently... well, except for the zip-lock like closing feature makes it a royal PITA if you just want to quick grab something and go. I must not have looked at their military line hard enough - at the time, I didn't notice any products with closings.
Yep the weapon carriers, duffles and even some small pouches all have zippers. They work really well but I couldn't agree more, they are impossible to open in a hurry.

I too really look forward to this bag. Put me in line, please. I'm also following your Facebook page.
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Korongo
Cameron Bell

Registry
Dry bags

Hey, sorry for the absence. I've checked out all of the dry bags out there even had some SEALs show me what they were using. With dry bags there are plenty of options as to how to configure them. Basically I just wanted something easy to use and super heavy duty. The bags have a heavy nylon base fabric with a thick, double sided polyurethane coating. The seams are all welded, and they have a drysuit zipper. These were designed for durability so they are built from heavier materials than the other bags out there. I tested the bags out on an eight day alligator hunting trip and they were awesome! Thanks for your comments!

@nuclearmonkey
I'm using a drysuit zipper. Typically you won't see to many products with these do to the cost. Thanks I'll keep you posted.

@tjfslaughter
A breathable fabric would be really nice. I have a several designs for different bags, but to get started I wanted to go with the super heavy duty aspect.

@josh-man
Thanks for following on Facebook! The bags will be ready soon.
Old August 16th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Molle webbing on the back? They'd be great on our tactical seat covers! Nice work!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Korongo
Cameron Bell

Registry
KORONGO shirts

Here's a pic and video of some shirts I made for KORONGO

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tags.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	143.4 KB